Homosexual vs. Lesbian

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
It is my impression that the core of most homosexual relationships is sex and sexual attraction, while the core of most lesbian relationships is emotional affection. Indeed, for many lesbian couples, the "sexual" activity is near non-existent...referred to colloquially as "bed death."

Furthermore, few long-term and "committed" homosexual relationships between men under 40 are monogamous, while virtually all "committed" lesbian relationships are monogamous - except on TV, where they are constantly being "unfaithful," for the titillation of the men in the audience.

What say yins?

Wrong. The core of most lesbian relationships is political attraction.

They live and breath sexual politics, which is why they are VERY dangerous people.

And no. Lesbians are far from faithful to each other.

It is my impression that the core of most homosexual relationships is sex and sexual attraction, while the core of most lesbian relationships is emotional affection. Indeed, for many lesbian couples, the "sexual" activity is near non-existent...referred to colloquially as "bed death."

Furthermore, few long-term and "committed" homosexual relationships between men under 40 are monogamous, while virtually all "committed" lesbian relationships are monogamous - except on TV, where they are constantly being "unfaithful," for the titillation of the men in the audience.

What say yins?

I wouldn't know.

What say yins?

Thank you for sharing. You must be very immersed in the gay culture to have formed that impression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What say yins?
I suspect that sexual orientation starts out bisexual in preschool and orients itself based on early exposure in secondary school and middle school.

Just my guess.

However if the topic is fascinating you then that is probably not a good sign from the perspective of orthodoxy.

Try and forget it.

What say yins?

First of all, lesbians ARE homosexuals.

Second of all, I don't know what lesbians have little or no sex life, but the ones I know have as much sex as anyone.

What say yins?

Second of all, I don't know what lesbians have little or no sex life, but the ones I know have as much sex as anyone.
Yes, with men.

What say yins?

Yes, with men.

The homosexual men with men? Sure.

The homosexual women? Much less likely

What say yins?

Yes, with men.

Lesbians have sex with more men in their lifetimes than straight women do, on average.

"Lesbian bed death" is a lesbian coined and lesbian used term.

I'm not going to argue or justify. I've many times explained the human behavior behind female homosexuality. There's no need to rehash.

Let's just stick to the facts.

What say yins?

Yes, with men.

Lesbians have sex with more men in their lifetimes than straight women do, on average.

I'm not going to argue or justify. I've many times explained the human behavior behind female homosexuality. There's no need to rehash.

I'd be curious to see a link for that.

What say yins?

Yes, with men.

You read it at the time and chose ignorance over information.

Yes, with men.

You read it at the time and chose ignorance over information.

If I ignored it there was a reason. But if you offer no evidence, I'll continue to ignore it.

I did a quick Google search for "Lesbian Death Bed". Interesting.

But the phrase was not coined by lesbians. It was coined by University of Washington sociologist Pepper Schwartz in her 1983 book American Couples. There has been some controversy about the claims, since the definition of sex is often penile insertion (the study that coined teh phrase was done in the 1970s and published in 1983).

But there is another interesting factor, that of length of time and satisfaction. Apparently, the average heterosexual encounter lasts 15-30 mins. The lesbian sex encounters last 30-45 mins.

from: Lesbians May Have Sex Less Often, But When They Do It, They Make It Count
"Consistent with past research, women in same-sex relationships reported having sex significantly less often than persons in both mixed-sex and male same-sex relationships. However, women in same-sex relationships reported significantly longer durations of sexual activity than all other groups.

Consider this: for women in same-sex relationships, the median (50th percentile) time spent on sex was 30-45 minutes; in comparison, the median for everyone else was 15-30 minutes. It is also worth noting about 20% of women in same-sex relationships reported spending an hour or more on sex, while durations of this length were far less common among the other types of couples studied.

It is also worth noting that there were no differences in sexual satisfaction across couple types. This suggests that the group differences in sexual frequency were counterbalanced by the group differences in sexual duration."

In other words, they have it less frequently but have it for much longer. Sounds like a balance to me.

Another interesting bit concerns orgasms. from: Why Do Lesbians Have More Orgasms Than Straight Women?
"Lesbians have more orgasms than straight and bisexual women. A study by Garcia, Lloyd, Wallen & Fisher (2014) surveyed a nationally representative sample of 6,151 women and men. The study demonstrated that for women, the rate of orgasm varied by sexual orientation.The mean occurrence rate for heterosexual women was 61.6%, 58% for bisexual women, and 74.4% for lesbian women."

But I am still doubtful about the claim that lesbians have more sex with men than straight women do.

Forum List

Back