Homosexual lawyer: "How DARE You call me Homosexual!"

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
wow. It's weird - blows my mind that somebody educated enough to be a lawyer is so fucking stupid.

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Is the word "homosexual" a term invoking hate or derision?

The question arises after a homosexual attorney fighting against a proposed constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages was infuriated when called "homosexual" by opposing lawyers.

Attorney John Rawls insisted he was not a homosexual, but, rather, a "gay" man.

In a hearing Friday before Louisiana District Judge Mike Caldwell, Rawls, according to published reports, lost his temper, his face turned red, and he lunged at the attorney defending traditional heterosexual marriage.

"No one calls me the H-word," Rawls said in defense of his outburst.

The incident did not go unnoticed by pro-family advocates.

"The suggestion that a legitimate descriptive word can be transformed into an epithet simply because one feels offended is ludicrous," said Stephen Crampton, chief counsel for the American Family Association's Center for Law & Policy. "It is also a sobering indication of where we are heading if the radical homosexuals have their way with hate-crimes legislation."

"Homosexual activists leave no room for free speech. They arrogate to themselves the authority to determine who may and may not speak, and what language they must use," he added.

Brian Fahling, a senior trial attorney for the CLP, said, "The term 'homosexual' is the proper term for an individual such as Mr. Rawls, who admits that he is sexually attracted to persons of the same sex. Mr. Rawls, like New Jersey Gov. McGreevey, apparently thinks he has his 'own truth'; let us hope that they do not succeed in redefining truth for all of us."

McGreevey, a Democrat, last week announced he would resign his position after having a consensual homosexual affair with a member of his staff, an allegation the male staff member denies.

I am so frustrated by this that I must borrow a smiley from another board.

25.gif
25.gif
25.gif
25.gif
25.gif

If he keeps that up, I'll just start calling him "fag" and "queer" out of spite. I also don't think that "gay" has become internet slang for a dissmissive form of "bad" that usually refers to cheap video game tactics, frustrating errors, and anything else along those lines.

What's funny is that I once got booted from a counterstrike server because I called the use of a map exploit "gay." What's funny is that I probably deserved it, as I continued after warned by saying, "You wanna ban me for saying gay? Well that's pretty gay."

Believe me D...the level of education does not necessarily make one Intelligent nor smart.

I've known many a High School Grad than can run intellectual circles around a Masters Degree holder.

Jesus fucking Christ. We're now banning dictionary terms?!?!? WTF is next?

Whatever happened to Free speech? Oh thats right its the LIBERALS THAT STOLE IT FROM US WITH THEIR PC BULLSHIT!!!!!

-=d=- said:
wow. It's weird - blows my mind that somebody educated enough to be a lawyer is so fucking stupid.

Just because they are educated, does not mean that they have common sense!

It's Newspeak.

Some months ago, on one of my first few posts in this forum, I raised the issue of euphemisms. I pointed out that "gay" used to mean "happy and carefree". But the term had been appropriated by homosexuals to make them more acceptable to the mainstream. "Freedom of Choice" is another example. It really means "in support of abortion", but it certainly sounds better if you disguise it euphemistically.

This is the mechanism of choice through which the left attempts to put conservatives on a guilt trip. I mean who can object to "Freedom of choice"? And isn't "gay" a wonderful, cheery thing to be? You betcha.

Unfortunately this is the type of intellectual dishonesty that pervades the discourse on most issues today. And for the record - the left is not solely responsible for the demise of ethical disagreement. Conservatives have certainly helped it along as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Merlin1047 said:
This is the mechanism of choice through which the left attempts to put conservatives on a guilt trip. I mean who can object to "Freedom of choice"? And isn't "gay" a wonderful, cheery thing to be? You betcha.

EXACTLY Merlin. Thank you.

I said before, that the first term I was ever introduced to, to refer to homosexuals was, HOMO. After that, queer, and then faggot. I heard every one of those names LOOOOONG before I heard someone refer to queers as "gay". I wondered first if we were talking about the same thing. Then I wondered who would be STUPID enough to call a queer "gay". There was NOTHING "gay" about them. Well... there still isn't.

But, thank you Merlin for that excelent deciphering of whence came the term "gay".

They're still homo's, queer's, fag's, to me. "Gay" has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a queer.

insein said:
Jesus fucking Christ. We're now banning dictionary terms?!?!? WTF is next?

Whatever happened to Free speech? Oh thats right its the LIBERALS THAT STOLE IT FROM US WITH THEIR PC BULLSHIT!!!!!

More sanctimonious braying from the Left. Reminds me of the line from Scripture when Jesus was describing the Pharisees "they swallow camels and choke on gnats"

What he should REALLY be offended at is that someone called him a lawyer!

P.S. I've always wondered why homosexuals wanted to be called "queer", to me that term seems awfully derogatory. It's just like some women who want to be called "bitch"....Seems to me that some people just lack self-respect!

Merlin1047 said:
It's Newspeak.

Some months ago, on one of my first few posts in this forum, I raised the issue of euphemisms. I pointed out that "gay" used to mean "happy and carefree". But the term had been appropriated by homosexuals to make them more acceptable to the mainstream. "Freedom of Choice" is another example. It really means "in support of abortion", but it certainly sounds better if you disguise it euphemistically.

Unfortunately this is the type of intellectual dishonesty that pervades the discourse on most issues today. And for the record - the left is not solely responsible for the demise of ethical disagreement. Conservatives have certainly helped it along as well.

That reminds me of a list of liberal euphemisms that appeared last year in National Review....I'm posting some of relevant ones here....

activist, n. Leftist troublemaker.

bigotry, n. The open expression of conservative opinions

celebrate, v.t. (In such bound forms as “celebrate diversity.”) To feign wholehearted enthusiasm for some theory, doctrine, law, ruling, or administrative fait accompli that strips you of some of your rights or property.

diverse, adj. (Applied to a collectivity of persons.) Containing persons of all possible skin colors, sexes, sexual preferences, and immigration statuses, but preferably of identically mainstream (q.v.) opinions.

hate speech, n. Words that are offensive to some powerful interest group.

law school, n. An institution for the inculcation of politically correct ideas in young adults; a place where the process of extracting new rights and benefits from the Constitution is taught; the natural and proper aspiration for all young persons.

partner, n. Husband, wife, lover, mistress, catamite, or “participating” pet.

questioning, adj. (As in “gay, lesbian, transgendered, and questioning youth.”) Thought to be a good prospect for seduction by adult homosexuals.

transgressive, adj. Obscene, usually with homosexual content.

New Topics

Forum List

Back