Homophobia or Holiness? The Bible and Homosexuality

Trinity said:
Are we doing definitions again? :happy2:

Evidently nakie didn't see "HOMOSEXUAL" in the definition of "queer". I mean it's right there, but he likes to pretend he doesn't see things that he doesn't like or agree with.

Pale Rider said:
Evidently nakie didn't see "HOMOSEXUAL" in the definition of "queer". I mean it's right there, but he likes to pretend he doesn't see things that he doesn't like or agree with.

I noticed that! :D

manu1959 said:
i thought it was "pencil neck geek"

I remember that song on Dr. Demento.

Pencil neck geek, grit eating freak.
Scum-sucking pee-head with a lousy physique.
You a no-good one-man losing streak.
Nothing but a pencil-necked geek!

no1tovote4 said:
I remember that song on Dr. Demento.

Pencil neck geek, grit eating freak.
Scum-sucking pee-head with a lousy physique.
You a no-good one-man losing streak.
Nothing but a pencil-necked geek!

Oh my god! :shocked: I haven't heard that name in like years!!! I remember listening to that guy on Sunday night, laying in bed when I was like 12.

I guess this should actually go in the I remember when thread! :laugh:

Pale Rider said:

gay ** *P***Pronunciation Key**(g)
n.
A person whose sexual orientation is to persons of the same sex.

A man whose sexual orientation is to men: an alliance of gays and le

This is from dictionary.com. I don't have an non-e dictionary on hand, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to dimes that "gay" has the definition "homosexual" in there as well.

My point was that you were criticizing the use of "gay" by homosexuals because you felt that that word had been hijacked, so to speak, my homosexuals in an effort to legitimize themselves, and ergo it did not actually *mean* homosexual. I was merely pointing out that at one point "queer" did not mean homosexual, but the etymology shifted, et voila, that's what it means. That's what they both mean, to 99% of people in this country.

nakedemperor said:
Obviously no one can argue with "my god says homosexuality is a sin". So I'm not going to go there. All Christians who believe the bible is literally the word of their god should not be expected to believe otherwise about gay people. But stop bashing them! They're normal people just like everyone else, who are the way they are, for whatever reason, and can and do live safely, harmoniously, and productively everywhere on earth. Live and let live, man.

NE, while I would argue that pointing out the sinfulness if homosexuality is justifiable, I agree that bashing gays just for being gay is crossing the line. Unfortunately, there are too many Christians in the world who bash gays as "unsavable" or somehow less worthy of God's love. I think it casts a negative light on Christianity in general and keeps homosexuals from wanting to hear about Christianity at all.

gop_jeff said:
NE, while I would argue that pointing out the sinfulness if homosexuality is justifiable, I agree that bashing gays just for being gay is crossing the line. Unfortunately, there are too many Christians in the world who bash gays as "unsavable" or somehow less worthy of God's love. I think it casts a negative light on Christianity in general and keeps homosexuals from wanting to hear about Christianity at all.

Naked emperor continually argues outdated and illogical points...as if the homosexual issue is something new on the horizon...taking religion aside in this debate...If we go back in history anyone can see that this lifestyle was the detriment of many great nations...ie:"The fall of the Roman Empire"Caligula ring a bell..."Fall of the Greek Empire"Alexander ring a bell....
I for one cannot comprehend how anyone would prefer to masturbate their life away...yes I said masturbate....this is all homosexuals do...putting it another way...ultimate narcism...self love and gratification...

Can we move on from this "beating a dead horse issue?"

archangel said:
Can we move on from this "beating a dead horse issue?"

Unfortunately, it is not the straight crowd that continues to stir this bee's nest. It's the queers that want this and that and special rights, and then top it off with a fucking parade to show you just how fucked up they are.

If they'd go away and stop flauting their sickness as something to be cellebrated, I'd forget all about it. But as the case is, they ask for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
archangel said:
I for one cannot comprehend how anyone would prefer to masturbate their life away...yes I said masturbate....this is all homosexuals do...putting it another way...ultimate narcism...self love and gratification...

Whoa whoa, "all homosexuals do"? Sweeping generalizations like this get you nowhere. Gays can be and are productive and responsible members of society. All they do is masturbate? Outdated what?

nakedemperor said:
Whoa whoa, "all homosexuals do"? Sweeping generalizations like this get you nowhere. Gays can be and are productive and responsible members of society. All they do is masturbate? Outdated what?

When two people of the same sex engadge in pseudo intercourse...well they are definetly engadged in masturbation...ultimate to be exact...they are putting like parts together...mirror image...in the case of hetrosexuals they are putting parts together that were designed for a purpose other than sexual gratification...even though there is a orgasim to enjoy in the process!

Therefore your arguments are outdated in the realm that they have been argued for centuries...and have been the detriment of many great nations...

Seek counseling...you can be saved...I think!

nakedemperor said:
This is a case of a limited definition of sexual intercourse. Re: Bill Clinton

Whatever dude...is that the best argument to my bluntness you can muster...
as I said seek help...the sooner the better! :rolleyes:

nakedemperor said:
This is a case of a limited definition of sexual intercourse. Re: Bill Clinton

Intercourse was not the question, it was the definition of relations they were splitting hairs over. If a hummer from the fat intern is not a form of sexual relations it is because of inane semantics.

Intercourse however is specifically and scientifically defined. We know that getting a hummer from the intern is not intercourse, that is why it is called oral sex not intercourse.

Where Billy split the hairs was over the usage of present tense in the questioning when asked if there is a relationship between them he said "no" because it was in the past. This is where the whole "definition of is, is" line comes from.

archangel said:
When two people of the same sex engadge in pseudo intercourse...well they are definetly engadged in masturbation...ultimate to be exact...they are putting like parts together...mirror image...in the case of hetrosexuals they are putting parts together that were designed for a purpose other than sexual gratification...even though there is a orgasim to enjoy in the process!

Therefore your arguments are outdated in the realm that they have been argued for centuries...and have been the detriment of many great nations...

Seek counseling...you can be saved...I think!

So we've defined homosexual sexual relations as "masturbation". Gravy. Now moving on to the dubious claim that "all they do is masturbate". Where on earth do you get an idea like this? I bet you watch out for those gay bathhouse strories that pop up occasionally on the evening news; this is a stereotype, and a false one at that. By two best friends are a gay couple, and they've been exclusively together for 3 years now. Disease free. One in the Cum Laude society, the other a succesful football player. They're both active in the campus LGBTA. Now tell me, how could they accomplish all this if all they do is fornicate all day, as you've *bluntly* stated? To be honest, the gay people that I know are in fact *more* faithful, less sexually active, and far less sexually aggresive in terms of wearing theirs sexuality on their sleeves than many heteros. I don't think that in general there is a lot that seperates the sexual activities of heteros and homos.

nakedemperor said:
So we've defined homosexual sexual relations as "masturbation". Gravy. Now moving on to the dubious claim that "all they do is masturbate". Where on earth do you get an idea like this? I bet you watch out for those gay bathhouse strories that pop up occasionally on the evening news; this is a stereotype, and a false one at that. By two best friends are a gay couple, and they've been exclusively together for 3 years now. Disease free. One in the Cum Laude society, the other a succesful football player. They're both active in the campus LGBTA. Now tell me, how could they accomplish all this if all they do is fornicate all day, as you've *bluntly* stated? To be honest, the gay people that I know are in fact *more* faithful, less sexually active, and far less sexually aggresive in terms of wearing theirs sexuality on their sleeves than many heteros. I don't think that in general there is a lot that seperates the sexual activities of heteros and homos.

We were debating the sexual convictions of homosexuals vs hetrosexuals..
Never said or inferred they were not productive outside the bedroom..This is where it sould stay...not in public forum...I would also take on a hetrosexual be it male or female who expoused say a preference for a female to have intercourse with a male dog or a male who has say a fetish for his girlfriends panties and expoused the desire to marry her panties rather than her...Personally I could care less what consenting adults do in the privacy of the bedroom...just keep it there...no marriage rights! Got it?And no more public school forums saying "It's okay to be gay" It has no place whatsoever in our childrens schools!

archangel said:
We were debating the sexual convictions of homosexuals vs hetrosexuals..
Never said or inferred they were not productive outside the bedroom..This is where it sould stay...not in public forum...I would also take on a hetrosexual be it male or female who expoused say a preference for a female to have intercourse with a male dog or a male who has say a fetish for his girlfriends panties and expoused the desire to marry her panties rather than her...Personally I could care less what consenting adults do in the privacy of the bedroom...just keep it there...no marriage rights! Got it?And no more public school forums saying "It's okay to be gay" It has no place whatsoever in our childrens schools!

*couldn't care less.

:p:

:D

-=d=- said:
*couldn't care less.

:p:

:D

In the heat of the moment I forgot to edit...sorry...then again....so what...LOL... Just getting a little bit tired of all this BS on sexual rights...we have major world problems and all we hear about is a persons rights or perceived rights to do whatever makes them feel good... :bangheads :rolleyes:

archangel said:
In the heat of the moment I forgot to edit...sorry...then again....so what...LOL... Just getting a little bit tired of all this BS on sexual rights...we have major world problems and all we hear about is a persons rights or perceived rights to do whatever makes them feel good... :bangheads :rolleyes:

Hey - I'm right with you. Sexual 'preference' is only an issue because militant Homosexuals confuse "Tolerance" with "Validation"

Forum List

Back