Homophobia in the UK: Who is Homophobic?

Hey Tommy, where is your "decency" in not calling out the astounding number of UK Muslims who want to make homosexuality ILLEGAL?

I mean since you threw around "decency" in the other thread.

Hey Tommy, where is your "decency" in not calling out the astounding number of UK Muslims who want to make homosexuality ILLEGAL?

I mean since you threw around "decency" in the other thread.
Oh my goodness, Sue actually cares.

The Regressive Left will always protect, defend, spin for, and ultimately enable its chosen pet constituent religion.

No matter what someone in that religion thinks of gays and women. Or America, for that matter.
LMAO! Okie-Dokie Mac.

Honest liberals (REAL liberals) discuss the Regressive Left in our context. The quote on top is the man who coined the term "Regressive Left", a guy who puts his life on the line every day fighting for a Reformation for Islam:
88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

Honest liberals (REAL liberals) discuss the Regressive Left in our context. The quote on top is the man who coined the term "Regressive Left", a guy who puts his life on the line every day fighting for a Reformation for Islam:
88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

Not a single one of the sniveling so-called liberals can stand up to what one of their own has said here. Not one of them. The very best they can do is run and hide, like Tommy does, or lash out. Because they know it's true.

When I saw this ugly underbelly 20 years ago when I was a liberal--the regressive side of it--like Dave Rubin, I ran. And I never looked back.

PS Every single so-called "feminist" that will not hear what Ayaan Hirsi Ali has to say should be so ashamed she should never show her face in public again. But of course, these little girls have no shame. Small thoughts, small minds, big mouths and no shame. That's modern feminism.

88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

Not a single one of the sniveling so-called liberals can stand up to what one of their own has said here. Not one of them. The very best they can do is run and hide, like Tommy does, or lash out. Because they know it's true.

When I saw this ugly underbelly 20 years ago when I was a liberal--the regressive side of it--like Dave Rubin, I ran. And I never looked back.

PS Every single so-called "feminist" that will not hear what Ayaan Hirsi Ali has to say should be so ashamed she should never show her face in public again. But of course, these little girls have no shame. Small thoughts, small minds, big mouths and no shame. That's modern feminism.
They'll attack the messenger(s). That's their first defensive impulse.

I have more and more respect and fascination and awe for the power of ideology every single freakin' day.

It warps perceptions and thought processes, and it makes people say & do things that, at some level, they have to know is wrong.

Last edited:
88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

I have more and more respect and fascination and awe for the power of ideology every single freakin' day.

It warps perceptions and thought processes, and it makes people say & do things that, at some level, they have to know is wrong.

It's easy, and the Left understands its power especially well. People don't have to think. They are told what is "good" to think, they are given the soundbites, and all they have to do is repeat them to be in the "right crowd". It's easy, it requires nothing. The crowd just carries them along.

But they do know it's wrong.

Ask liberals about the way women are treated in Islam, or gays.

Ask anyone why it's okay to kill tiny unborn humans by ripping their limbs apart and sucking them out of their mothers' wombs.

The soundbites don't QUITE do the trick. But oh, they try, those minions. That's when the daggars and the name-calling really come out, when the soundbites don't quite do the trick, but they don't dare think about it too much. Mostly because they don't know how to think, either by nature or they've never been taught, or losing their worldview would cost them too dearly. Many of them are straight-up cowards, too.

88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

It's easy, and the Left understands its power especially well. People don't have to think. They are told what is "good" to think, they are given the soundbites, and all they have to do is repeat them to be in the "right crowd". It's easy, it requires nothing. The crowd just carries them along.

Ask anyone why it's okay to kill tiny unborn humans by ripping their limbs apart and sucking them out of their mothers' wombs.

The soundbites don't QUITE do the trick. But oh, they try, those minions. That's when the daggars and the name-calling really come out, when the soundbites don't quite do the trick, but they don't dare think about it too much. Mostly because they don't know how to think, either by nature or they've never been taught, or losing their worldview would cost them too dearly. Many of them are straight-up cowards, too.
Well, their impulse is to attack to avoid an honest conversation. As they do with race and gender and other issues, the first (and often only) thing they'll do in response to criticism of Islam is scream ISLAMOPHOBE in a transparent effort to put the target on the defensive and avoid that conversation.

Here's a bigger problem - they have been doing this for so long that they may have lost the capacity to have that honest conversation. Like any skill - use it or lose it.

88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

Well, their impulse is to attack to avoid an honest conversation. As they do with race and gender and other issues, the first (and often only) thing they'll do in response to criticism of Islam is scream ISLAMOPHOBE in a transparent effort to put the target on the defensive and avoid that conversation.

Here's a bigger problem - they have been doing this for so long that they may have lost the capacity to have that honest conversation. Like any skill - use it or lose it.

Well like Rubin says, many of them are only able to think in terms of Oppression Olympics. Muslims are oppressed....somehow, don't ask them how. Or why. Or whatever. It's somehow white Americans' fault anyway....somehow. Again, don't ask them to think about why that is, it's just what they've been told and read and heard so it must be true.

There are two glaring characteristics of the LEFT, so called modern Liberals, and Progressives.

Hypocrisy. Do as I say, not as I do.

Projection of their insecurities and character flaws onto OTHERS.

88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

Well like Rubin says, many of them are only able to think in terms of Oppression Olympics. Muslims are oppressed....somehow, don't ask them how. Or why. Or whatever. It's somehow white Americans' fault anyway....somehow. Again, don't ask them to think about why that is, it's just what they've been told and read and heard so it must be true.
Rubin was horrified by this, and left the Young Turks because he saw the incredible hypocrisy right in front of him.

Harris is one of my favorites, a brilliant guy, a lefty, and he can't believe what's happening.

Rubin was horrified by this, and left the Young Turks because he saw the incredible hypocrisy right in front of him.

Harris is one of my favorites, a brilliant guy, a lefty, and he can't believe what's happening.

I may indeed have a perverse sense of humor---I suspect in some ways I do. Not perverse as in prurient, but perverse in that I think it's hilarious to watch the Left morph themselves into the veriest bunch of scolding, uptight, pursed-lipped church ladies I have seen in my lifetime. SHAMING us all within an inch of our lives.

I say this as an evangelical Christian: the people in my church are much more accepting, tolerant and diverse than the modern Left could ever conceive of being.

It makes me laugh. Modern Puritans. What a hoot. No wonder Harris is appalled and alarmed.

I may indeed have a perverse sense of humor---I suspect in some ways I do. Not perverse as in prurient, but perverse in that I think it's hilarious to watch the Left morph themselves into the veriest bunch of scolding, uptight, pursed-lipped church ladies I have seen in my lifetime. SHAMING us all within an inch of our lives.

I say this as an evangelical Christian: the people in my church are much more accepting, tolerant and diverse than the modern Left could ever conceive of being.

It makes me laugh. Modern Puritans. What a hoot. No wonder Harris is appalled and alarmed.
At some point they became illiberal. Leftist authoritarians. I'm not exactly sure when or how or why. The problem is that real liberals still do exist, but are being drowned out.

88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

Religion.

88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif

62_zpsw2fhuu7j.gif

60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif

59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

573_zpsrqrojmyq.gif

Religion.
Yes, I'd consider religion to be an ideology. And it causes many similar thought processes, impulses and behaviors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back