Homophobe or just reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powerman said:
That's just stupid...homosexuality in and of itself involves consensual sex in the same way that heterosexuality does. Rape is a violent crime. You trying to comflate the 2 of them just makes you look silly.

No - I am showing how there are people with impulses they feel may be real or justified. (shrug).

Rape and homosexuality have real victims....they both hurt society...both are committed when people give up to their carnal, un-natural, immoral lusts.

Rape, alcohol, drug addiction - they all have been scientifically proven to be caused by a "quirk" in one's make-up.

If Homosexuals are going to say the same thing, it is only logical that this applies to them too.

Funny how the people who are against the thought of legalizing gay marriage/homosexual/lesbian lifestyles, are the ones using the word of God as a guide. Where the actual homosexuals and lesbians are using an argument that equates them with rapists, alcoholics and addicts.

"We were born that way!" "We can't help it!"

Same thing those same rapists, alcoholics and addicts say.

-=d=- said:
No - I am showing how there are people with impulses they feel may be real or justified. (shrug).

Rape and homosexuality have real victims....they both hurt society...both are committed when people give up to their carnal, un-natural, immoral lusts.

How does homosexuality hurt society? I need a reason other than the fact that it offense people who subscribe to retrograde religious beliefs.

GotZoom said:
Rape, alcohol, drug addiction - they all have been scientifically proven to be caused by a "quirk" in one's make-up.

If Homosexuals are going to say the same thing, it is only logical that this applies to them too.

Funny how the people who are against the thought of legalizing gay marriage/homosexual/lesbian lifestyles, are the ones using the word of God as a guide. Where the actual homosexuals and lesbians are using an argument that equates them with rapists, alcoholics and addicts.

"We were born that way!" "We can't help it!"

Same thing those same rapists, alcoholics and addicts say.

Using your flawled logic that would also put handicapp people on par with rapists and alcoholics. Do you think that handicapp people should be denied the right to marry? Of course not. The funny part is that you probably don't care if rapists alcoholics and drug addicts get married but you're worried to death about gays. Lunacy...

Powerman said:
Using your flawled logic that would also put handicapp people on par with rapists and alcoholics. Do you think that handicapp people should be denied the right to marry? Of course not. The funny part is that you probably don't care if rapists alcoholics and drug addicts get married but you're worried to death about gays. Lunacy...

There you go....you missed my point.

Show me in the Bible where being handicapped is a sin.

My point is that using the "I'm born that way" argument opens the door to all kinds of bad comparisons.

Alcoholics and drug addicts receive treatment. They are and always will be alcoholics and drug addicts; but can resist the "urge" and "temptation" to act in an inappropriate way.

I don't know if rapists can be reformed basically because rape is about power and fear and last (only sometimes) sex.

Most of the arguments that homosexuals use to justify their behaviour is, in itself, what hurts their cause the most.

When you see a gay/lesbian parade marching down the street - men dressed up in speedos and tights - flaunting, etc.....do you really think that is an acceptable way to behave?

If you don't draw attention to yourself, no body will care.

GotZoom said:
There you go....you missed my point.

Show me in the Bible where being handicapped is a sin.

My point is that using the "I'm born that way" argument opens the door to all kinds of bad comparisons.

Alcoholics and drug addicts receive treatment. They are and always will be alcoholics and drug addicts; but can resist the "urge" and "temptation" to act in an inappropriate way.

I don't know if rapists can be reformed basically because rape is about power and fear and last (only sometimes) sex.

Most of the arguments that homosexuals use to justify their behaviour is, in itself, what hurts their cause the most.

When you see a gay/lesbian parade marching down the street - men dressed up in speedos and tights - flaunting, etc.....do you really think that is an acceptable way to behave?

If you don't draw attention to yourself, no body will care.

I need to run to the bookstore real quick but I'll address most of this when I get back. And God does say in the bible that handicapp people aren't welcome in holy places. I don't know if you would consider that a sin but not allowing afflicted people to go to church doesn't send a very positive message.

-=d=- said:
Increased medical costs.
Increased disease.
Increased cases of domestic violence.
Increased risk of child molestation....

to name a few....

And maybe you can tell me how gay people getting married would increase any of these. By the way I don't know where you pulled the domestic violence one. I'll give you the disease. Child molesors are a different breed than homosexuals as well.

Powerman said:
And maybe you can tell me how gay people getting married would increase any of these. By the way I don't know where you pulled the domestic violence one. I'll give you the disease. Child molesors are a different breed than homosexuals as well.

You simply would not believe any evidence I present, so what's the point. When people debate with you, you completely discount ANY opinion or fact which doesn't come from 'yourself'.

(shrug).

Google it...

Powerman said:
Child molesors are a different breed than homosexuals as well.

They are certainly not the only molesters out there. But it does seem odd that the overwhelming number of kids (in fact every one I've seen), molested by priests were male.

Abbey Normal said:
They are certainly not the only molesters out there. But it does seem odd that the overwhelming number of kids (in fact every one I've seen), molested by priests were male.

That's because they are usually altar boys genius...although now the church does allow altar girls. Priests are just around young boys more than young girls. The sick thing about child molestors is most of them probably don't have much of a gender preference so the homosexuality argument is a fallacy.

Abbey Normal said:

People call for the catholic church to 'take accountability' or 'denounce' their homosexual priests...but not for gay communities (who need their pedaphiles to generate MORE homosexuals) to take similar actions.

Homosexual Pedophiles are Gay. (shrug). If they were NOT Gay, or, more accurately, did not give in to their gay urges, the children they molest would NOT have been molested. Same is true for hetero pedophiles...naturally.

-=d=- said:
You simply would not believe any evidence I present, so what's the point. When people debate with you, you completely discount ANY opinion or fact which doesn't come from 'yourself'.

(shrug).

Google it...

You didn't present any evidence. You just made accusations. Health costs and disease I'll give you. The other stuff is nonsense until proven otherwise.

Powerman said:
You didn't present any evidence. You just made accusations. Health costs and disease I'll give you. The other stuff is nonsense until proven otherwise.

But - dude...do you know who I'd be presenting the evidence to? I'd be presenting it to YOU; and I doubt you've conceded a point yet when it comes to ideas you've already made your mind up on. :) Waste of my time...if I get bored tonite at home, I'll see if I can send you a few links.

Powerman said:
That's because they are usually altar boys genius...although now the church does allow altar girls. Priests are just around young boys more than young girls. The sick thing about child molestors is most of them probably don't have much of a gender preference so the homosexuality argument is a fallacy.

Using your flawed logic, you are saying the anyone who is around young boys more than young girls automatically become child molesters.

There goes baseball, football, and basketball coaches. Anyone on staff at an all boy's school. The list could go on and on.

Pedophiles who molest boys are Gay. Pedophiles who molest little girls are not Gay.

-=d=- said:
But - dude...do you know who I'd be presenting the evidence to? I'd be presenting it to YOU; and I doubt you've conceded a point yet when it comes to ideas you've already made your mind up on. :) Waste of my time...if I get bored tonite at home, I'll see if I can send you a few links.

I haven't conceded any of my viewpoints because I haven't actually seen any evidence to confront them. I just see people making things up on the spot. That's not enough to change the way I think about something.

GotZoom said:
Using your flawed logic, you are saying the anyone who is around young boys more than young girls automatically become child molesters.

There goes baseball, football, and basketball coaches. Anyone on staff at an all boy's school. The list could go on and on.

Pedophiles who molest boys are Gay. Pedophiles who molest little girls are not Gay.

No...Pedophiles are pedophiles. They don't have sexual orientations because they aren't dealing with sexually developed people. And when did I say that someone would automatically become a child molestor if they were around kids enough? I didn't say that at all. You're being an ass.

Powerman said:
No...Pedophiles are pedophiles. They don't have sexual orientations because they aren't dealing with sexually developed people. And when did I say that someone would automatically become a child molestor if they were around kids enough? I didn't say that at all. You're being an ass.

In Post 51, you responded to Abbey's post by staying the reason Priests molest young boys is because that is who they are around.

I'm rubber, You're glue....whatever you call me, bounces off me and sticks to you.

Powerman said:

Powerman said:
I haven't conceded any of my viewpoints because I haven't actually seen any evidence to confront them. I just see people making things up on the spot. That's not enough to change the way I think about something.

You are making up your "Pedophiles are Pedophiles" statement. (shrug). That's straight liberal kool-aide. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back