Kentucky Clerk Once Again Denies Gay Marriage License, Despite Federal Order

She is an agent for the people of that county not the 'world'. She has not been "found in violation of the law". Extremist Judges in an out of control judicial circuit denying religious God given rights are not the law.

Because marriage may only be entered into, maintained, and dissolved in accordance with state law, and it is a state statute that imposes a duty on county clerks to issue marriage licenses to all qualified applicants, she is an agent of the state.

The state government can only speak and act through its agents. When Kim Davis--an agent of the state--refused to issue marriage licenses "on God's authority", she is establishing religion in violation of the First Amendment (applicable to states via the Fourteenth Amendment).
She is voted into that office by the people of that county. Her freedom of religious beliefs are not trumped by some whining sodomites or out of control judges. The state of Kentucky did not hire her the people of Rowan County elected her.

She is not establishing a religion she is confirming her faith in a 2,000 year old religion, that is based upon a religion dated back for eons.

And again Sodomy is not a constitutionally protected right, religious freedom is.

If a few activist judges want to give sodomites authority over the people that actually believe in God as the higher authority maybe we should all be intently checking into their personal history too!

Now for the Biblically illiterate and the antichrist among you;
The Lord gave his own bride a writ of divorcement; that is only until He calls His bride back to Him.

This lady has been called back and she repented so calling her a hypocrite just shows how asinine y'all are.

Nope, you are wrong. This is a free country. She does not have the right to discriminate against a person because he or she is gay here in America. If she cannot perform her job duties, then she should resign.
No if the people of Rowan County what her out they know the route to take. She does not have to ***QUIT*** for you or anyone else.

You are correct it is still a free country and the people as of today still have the right to descent over ridiculous crap and obviously at this point she is. The sodomites and the haters do wish to change that though and ride over the peoples hearts and minds. You evidently must think that you have the right to do that but you do not.

Her job is to issue marriage licenses. Not to judge people or give out licenses at her own discretion. That is just ridiculous and she needs to go.
She does not want her name on it or associated with sodomites; so find another route to get your point across. She has a lot more duties than just issuing marriage licenses.

Because marriage may only be entered into, maintained, and dissolved in accordance with state law, and it is a state statute that imposes a duty on county clerks to issue marriage licenses to all qualified applicants, she is an agent of the state.

The state government can only speak and act through its agents. When Kim Davis--an agent of the state--refused to issue marriage licenses "on God's authority", she is establishing religion in violation of the First Amendment (applicable to states via the Fourteenth Amendment).
She is voted into that office by the people of that county. Her freedom of religious beliefs are not trumped by some whining sodomites or out of control judges. The state of Kentucky did not hire her the people of Rowan County elected her.

She is not establishing a religion she is confirming her faith in a 2,000 year old religion, that is based upon a religion dated back for eons.

And again Sodomy is not a constitutionally protected right, religious freedom is.

If a few activist judges want to give sodomites authority over the people that actually believe in God as the higher authority maybe we should all be intently checking into their personal history too!

The Lord gave his own bride a writ of divorcement; that is only until He calls His bride back to Him.

This lady has been called back and she repented so calling her a hypocrite just shows how asinine y'all are.

Nope, you are wrong. This is a free country. She does not have the right to discriminate against a person because he or she is gay here in America. If she cannot perform her job duties, then she should resign.
No if the people of Rowan County what her out they know the route to take. She does not have to ***QUIT*** for you or anyone else.

You are correct it is still a free country and the people as of today still have the right to descent over ridiculous crap and obviously at this point she is. The sodomites and the haters do wish to change that though and ride over the peoples hearts and minds. You evidently must think that you have the right to do that but you do not.

Her job is to issue marriage licenses. Not to judge people or give out licenses at her own discretion. That is just ridiculous and she needs to go.
She does not want her name on it or associated with sodomites; so find another route to get your point across. She has a lot more duties than just issuing marriage licenses.

Well then she needs to resign, like an adult. Part of her job is to issue marriage licenses. IF she cannot do that, that is not anyone else's problem.

Well then she needs to resign, like an adult. Part of her job is to issue marriage licenses. IF she cannot do that, that is not anyone else's problem.
Like said, "she does not have too".

Like said, "she does not have too".

That would be "to." Yes she does have to. It is a part of her job. If she cannot do her job, she should be an adult about it and resign and find another job. It is her problem and hers alone.

Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Mark 9:47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

Both of those verses are something that Jesus said when He stated "if your right eye offends you, pluck it out", meaning that it is better to lose just a small piece of yourself than to have all of you thrown into Hell.

Now, obviously, because of this woman's protest, her job is offending her because she feels that it is violating her religious beliefs when she has to issue a marriage license to gay couples.

So.................what is the solution (as per Jesus)? Simple...........her job offends her, so she must luck it out of her life (resign her position).

But...................I doubt that being the good Christian that she is, she's going to resign.

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

What happened to the love? Understanding? Acceptance?

Is this the result of homosexuality?
The clerk is not homosexual, but you are right that she has trouble with love? Understanding? Acceptance?

I was referring to hazlnut nut, but I understand it's hard for you to accept that she has the same right to disagree with it...

But hypocrisy only applies to the women that he describes as hideous and fat, oh and she should be ruined?

We have thrown all logic out the window for 2 to 3 percent of the population?

They as with everyone else can do as they want sexually behind their closed door and I could careless. But you and the rest of your brethren who believe I should accept it will never win this debate.

You can care but it doesn't mean you're correct, in fact that's all you have to do is care...

No one cares whether you should accept it.

We want you to accept Jesus' direction in your life.

You are our friend not a martyr.

Kim Davis is an unusual woman she continues to deny gay people marriage licenses because of God. The same God who is busy creating new gay people everywhere in the world!!!

Of course I care about you. I said "direction" not "accepting Christ." Hon, you are not a martyr, just in love with your self image. I am glad that you care.

I would still like to know why a town clerk would be an elected position?

It's not a town clerk, it's a county clerk. Basically they're an administrator for county vital records (birth, marriages, divorces, other documents filings) and land records deeds and titles but will normally exclude court records which will have their own clerks.

>>>>

Last edited:

It's not a town clerk, it's a county clerk. Basically they an administrator for county vital records (birth, marriages, divorces, other documents filings) and land records deeds and titles but will normally exclude court records which will have their own clerks.

>>>>

Well, according to my research, in many communities that is not an elected position but an appointed one. I see no reason why that needs to be an elected position. This crazy woman proves why it might be a bad idea actually. :D

More outraged homosexual hissy fits.... Zzzzzzzzz

Well, obviously you haven't been paying attention. The woman who refuses to do her job and is going to jail because of it is the one having a hissy fit! Lol. Oh noes. Homosexuals. Scary!

I used to think that stuff about homophobes really being gay was a bunch of bull, but now I'm starting to think otherwise. :D Lol. Your irrational fear of human beings is silly beyond belief.

It's not a town clerk, it's a county clerk. Basically they an administrator for county vital records (birth, marriages, divorces, other documents filings) and land records deeds and titles but will normally exclude court records which will have their own clerks.

>>>>

Well, according to my research, in many communities that is not an elected position but an appointed one. I see no reason why that needs to be an elected position. This crazy woman proves why it might be a bad idea actually. :D

The office of county clerk is established by the Kentucky State Constitution.

Forum List

Back