Homophiles 'praying'...

roomy said:
They would have had to reproduce with their mother.Were they not told to go forth and multiply?

No. Adam & Eve had Cain & Abel & lots of other brothers & sisters.

After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. (Genesis 5:4)

roomy said:
Well we can discount the brothers but I don't recall reading about any of them begatting any children with their sisters?Anyhoo, when they started begatting, everything in the garden was not rosy, eden was denied them and they learned the naked truth.
LOL! :D

dmp said:
LMAO.

Don't interpret, just read? Are you being dense on purpose? Answer that. Nobody - NO Adult, save Ms. McKinney from Congress, could be so dense.

LOOK at the language - RESEARCH the language...THEN you'll get an understanding. You don't seek TRUTH however - you are agenda-driven. You'd be so bothered with a translation which said 'Happy' when Another said "Glad" that you'd miss the entire point.

I'm doing no such thing. You changed from the KJV to the NIV translation and because the person who wrote the NIV was clever enough to reword the Genesis 2 verse so as to remove the contradiction, you claim there isn't one. Bravo! You'll be a big fan of the Neo-Nazi "History of WWII" when it comes out. I hear in their version that hardly anyone dies.

Use of synonyms like "happy" and "glad" don't create contradictions. Maybe you need a little RESEARCH into English.

Here's my take on TRUTH. It's right there in plain sight. It's not hiding between the lines of any ancient text. It isn't wrapped up in fable or myth or bullshit so that only the "enlightened" are privy to it. If something has to be interpreted or explained in just the right way or held in a certain light so that it can be labeled TRUTH, it's more than likely a concoction of unTRUTH.

MissileMan said:
I'm doing no such thing. You changed from the KJV to the NIV translation and because the person who wrote the NIV was clever enough to reword the Genesis 2 verse so as to remove the contradiction, you claim there isn't one. Bravo! You'll be a big fan of the Neo-Nazi "History of WWII" when it comes out. I hear in their version that hardly anyone dies.

Use of synonyms like "happy" and "glad" don't create contradictions. Maybe you need a little RESEARCH into English.

Here's my take on TRUTH. It's right there in plain sight. It's not hiding between the lines of any ancient text. It isn't wrapped up in fable or myth or bullshit so that only the "enlightened" are privy to it. If something has to be interpreted or explained in just the right way or held in a certain light so that it can be labeled TRUTH, it's more than likely a concoction of unTRUTH.

Except that is NOT what happened. Do some Research - the NIV didn't CHANGE anything - it added clearification.

God Created the animals.

God Had Created the animals.

So, God Created the Animals.

Those do NOT contradict. Those Mean the SAME thing.

I bet you think "I am REALLY tired" means something OTHER than "I am TIRED." Both REALLY ;) mean the 'same thing'.

There are words in Greek and Hebrew which are the same but carry different connotations. You lack the ability to apply context and research in reading the Bible, so it's pointless. The only contradictions are in your mind. Because you fear the truth.

New Topics

Forum List

Back