Hometown Green Beret hero killed in action in Afghanistan

shepherdboy

Jan 26, 2006
The occupied zone(CA.)
His name was Sgt. 1st Class Chad Gonsalves, a Turlock California native. He was a Army Green Beret attached to the 7th Special Forces Group in Afghanistan. He was killed in action when a bomb hit his armored vehicle. Chad was a true American hero! Not one of these wannabe's hero's that the media portrays, such as professional football,baseball,basketball players who make a ton of money. You know, those over glorified worshipped idols. Chad was the real American hero. Who served his country out of sacrifice and love.
Who gave his own life so that others could live. We will greatly miss you Chad and all the hope and love you brought into this world. We thank you for your service to this country and your death will not ever be forgotten. My deep heart felt prayers of comfort go out to the Gonsalves family. To all Americans I say, remember Chad and all those who have served this country with honor, love and sacrifice. They are the real hero's to be honored and looked up too. Cpl JL USMC

I dug out one of my old cassetts and played "The Ballad of the Green Berets" by Gary Saldler and said a prayer for his family! :halo:

Forum List

Back