Homeschooling On The Rise??

Parallax View

Homeschooling has a social stigma attached to it in some ways, since people equate simplified education to under-resourced philosophy.

However, if we look at the education philosophy/approach of the highly-esteemed higher-education maths-sciences centric American university M.I.T., we find a profitable and prestigious linking of strip-down training method with populism coordination.

There's no reason we need to liken homeschooling with 'primitive education' or 'Amish-like over-indulgence in simplification processes.'

After all, aren't eco-activists referencing the pop comic book avatar Poison Ivy (DC Comics), a radical female scientist-turned-ecoterrorist, in libertine discussions about pragmatism?

:blues:

Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

profx.JPG

Thanks PC! That graph shows that the average stay at home Mom or Dad is a better Teacher than the average Public School Teacher can EVER be.
Home School Legal Defense Association has a report that homschooling is good from
Ian Slatter
Director of Media Relations.

HSLDA commissioned Dr. Brian Ray, an internationally recognized scholar and president of the non-profit National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI), to collect data for the 2007–08 academic year for a new study which would build upon 25 years of homeschool academic scholarship conducted by Ray himself, Rudner, and many others.

. I home they teach there kids to be more objective.

I agree with allowing people the choice to home school their children. What concerns me is the lack the social interaction. Some parents are going to be good at doing this, and others not so much. It is not easy, and not everyone will have success at homeschooling their children. A lot of those parents end up sending their kids to public schools anyways.

Audiobooks: Training Day

I think a major reason that people are talking about homeschooling in our modern age of sophisticated networking (i.e., eTrade) is that resources are so readily available to the layman.

The subsidiary of Amazon.com, Audible.com, for example, offers consumers ready-made audiobook versions of all kinds of written works such as the populism-centric "Charlotte's Web" (E.B. White) and the culture-meditative "The Man in the Iron Mask" (Alexandre Dumas).

If consumerism-friendly companies continue to offer user-friendly training-based products such as the eReader, then homeschooling will continue to look chic.

:arrow:

Audible.com - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

profx.jpg

Home schooling is a great option for many parents. You get to control all the information your children are subjected to and they don't have to go to school with negroes or poor people

You mean to tell me there are parents out there directly controlling the actual content of their children's spiritual and intellectual development?

And this is happening in America? Right now?

Goodness gracious!

These uppity ******* need to be lynched.

Last edited:
I agree with allowing people the choice to home school their children. What concerns me is the lack the social interaction. Some parents are going to be good at doing this, and others not so much. It is not easy, and not everyone will have success at homeschooling their children. A lot of those parents end up sending their kids to public schools anyways.

Allowing parents the choice?!

Lack of social interaction?

Hmm.

I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the truth, not the myth, of home-schooling. The truth is that home-schooled kids are better adjusted, score better on standardized tests, and are in general better educated than their government schooled counterparts. They have the same opportunities as other kids, playing in sports leagues, attending social events with their peers, etc. Their advantage is an engaged parent willing to provide the kind of one-on-one teaching the government school simply can't provide.

Hmm.

I'm sure Abraham Lincoln would have been perplexed at the idea that a person could not get a decent education at home.

Now, here is where the conservatives get a little cranky. Lol. I would like to see all the funds allocated towards schools pooled together and distributed equally amongst the schools so that all the children are getting equal quality of education from their public school systems.

People vote with their pocketbooks, they move to expensive homes where nearby schools are well funded by choice so that their kids get the benefit.

If you want to implement your plan then you need to de-link school funding from property taxes because people are willing to pay higher taxes in return for benefits which accrue to them or to their neighborhood, not to people clear across the state.

The best way forward is to have the state grant each school-age student a grant and then the student attends the school of his choice and the student turns over the grant money to the school. For parents who want their kids to have a more elaborate education, the schools can charge a supplementary tuition.

No parent is EVER going to sacrifice his child's education so that some other kid can possibly derive some benefit. Most of what drives high real estate prices is the quest for good schools. Junk the school and you crash property values.

Good schools are not the only advantage to paying higher property taxes. That is a cop out, and at the cost of our society being well educated and well functioning, which in turn only makes us as a country stronger. I would be willing to bet that this is part of the reason why some other countries outperform us when it comes to academics.

You live in a dream world. Rikurzhen directly refuted your delusional slogan speak, but it just flew right over your head.

We homeschooled our children.

Regarding the motives of those who homeschool their children, Rightwinger does get one thing right. Most homeschoolers are conservatives, and right at the very tippy top of their lists for the reasons they homeschool reads: "Let us protect our children's hearts and minds from the rank stupidity of leftist think running amuck in the government schools of collectivistic duh."

Last edited:

Hmm.

I'm sure Abraham Lincoln would have been perplexed at the idea that a person could not get a decent education at home.

Americans of past generations would be amazed by a good many things leftists think nowadays.

Now, here is where the conservatives get a little cranky. Lol. I would like to see all the funds allocated towards schools pooled together and distributed equally amongst the schools so that all the children are getting equal quality of education from their public school systems.

People vote with their pocketbooks, they move to expensive homes where nearby schools are well funded by choice so that their kids get the benefit.

If you want to implement your plan then you need to de-link school funding from property taxes because people are willing to pay higher taxes in return for benefits which accrue to them or to their neighborhood, not to people clear across the state.

The best way forward is to have the state grant each school-age student a grant and then the student attends the school of his choice and the student turns over the grant money to the school. For parents who want their kids to have a more elaborate education, the schools can charge a supplementary tuition.

No parent is EVER going to sacrifice his child's education so that some other kid can possibly derive some benefit. Most of what drives high real estate prices is the quest for good schools. Junk the school and you crash property values.

Good schools are not the only advantage to paying higher property taxes. That is a cop out, and at the cost of our society being well educated and well functioning, which in turn only makes us as a country stronger. I would be willing to bet that this is part of the reason why some other countries outperform us when it comes to academics.

You live in a dream world. Rikurzhen directly refuted your delusional slogan speak, but it just flew right over your head.

Regarding the motives of those who homeschool their children, Rightwinger does get one thing right. Most homeschoolers are conservatives, and right at the very tippy top of their lists for the reasons they homeschool reads: "Let us protect our children's hearts and minds from the rank stupidity of leftist think running amuck in the government schools of collectivistic duh."

If funding was equally doled out, then that wouldn't be an issue. I am not wrong either, there are other reasons to live in an area besides the public school system. Where do those of you who home school your children live? In the slum?

If funding was equally doled out, then that wouldn't be an issue. I am not wrong either, there are other reasons to live in an area besides the public school system. Where do those of you who home school your children live? In the slum?

Funding has little to do with the quality of education children receive in government schools. For example, Wash DC has the highest funding per pupil in the nation, but offers little education...This is why rich liberals (like the Clintons and Obamas) who refuse to allow school choice and demand the poor send their kids to the local p-school, while they send their kids to expensive private schools. HYPOCRITES!!!

The great Walter Williams outlines here:
For example, in 2012, Washington, D.C., public schools led the nation in spending per pupil, at $29,409.

In terms of academic performance, the nation’s report card shows that over 80 percent of D.C.’s predominantly black eighth-graders scored either “basic” or “below basic” in reading and math.

Walter E. Williams Meet basic needs to improve education Denton Record Chronicle News for Denton County Texas

The elite left knows keeping the poor ignorant and propagandized guarantees they vote D.

Funding has little to do with the quality of education children receive in government schools. For example, Wash DC has the highest funding per pupil in the nation, but offers little education...This is why rich liberals (like the Clintons and Obamas) who refuse to allow school choice and demand the poor send their kids to the local p-school, while they send their kids to expensive private schools. HYPOCRITES!!!

The great Walter Williams outlines here:
For example, in 2012, Washington, D.C., public schools led the nation in spending per pupil, at $29,409.

In terms of academic performance, the nation’s report card shows that over 80 percent of D.C.’s predominantly black eighth-graders scored either “basic” or “below basic” in reading and math.

Walter E. Williams Meet basic needs to improve education Denton Record Chronicle News for Denton County Texas

The elite left knows keeping the poor ignorant and propagandized guarantees they vote D.

I'm not denying that you just can't help some people, but I believe that if the schools had equal funding, that would increase our output of quality citizens even if they still can't ace a math exam. I don't know why some of you are so much against caring for and funding for our future.

You know, like it or not, these kids and people are part of our society. They are not going to go away.

Again...it is not the level of funding that influences academic achievement. You clearly are refusing to understand the problem and think equal funding will fix it, when it will not. Then you resort to a veiled racist comment...a common leftist tactic.

You know, like it or not, these kids and people are part of our society. They are not going to go away.

Again...it is not the level of funding that influences academic achievement. You clearly are refusing to understand the problem and think equal funding will fix it, when it will not. Then you resort to a veiled racist comment...a common leftist tactic.

Nothing I said was "veiled" or "racist." That is what I think. You are entitled to disagree, but not to accuse me of making "racist" comments. THAT is a typical leftist tactic.

Soooo, what do you suggest we do to fix this little problem?

Okay.

Do you really think some Americans believe poor children are NOT part of society? Do you really think anyone believes they will go away?

Please explain this post.

Okay.

Do you really think some Americans believe poor children are NOT part of society? Do you really think anyone believes they will go away?

Please explain this post.

Point being, what do you suggest we do about it? Ignore the problem and it will go away? I've yet to see you make any kind of suggestions at all. You seem to just be satisfied with the status quo.

Forum List

Back