homeschooling headaches and standardized testing

K

KLSuddeth

Now I am stressing over making up an end of section spelling and vocabulary test - :mad: Its not as easy as one would think to come up with misspelled words to choose the correct one out of!
or definitions for that matter - blah

PLUS, Im having to do the standardized testing with him - I LOATHE (one of the spelling words teehee!) standardized testing. Really. Check this out: http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/resources/release/index.html
(scroll down to see the choices of the tests you can view/take)

What is anyone else's opinion of standardized testing? just curious.

I took the grade 10 social studies test and got 49/50. It didn't seem so difficult but kinda hurt my brain trying to remember so far back!!! Ha ha

As far as standardized testing, it certainly has its place. It's just not the measure of someone's worth because even people without the traditional ability to "learn" these concepts can learn other things. And why do people look down on others just because of their ability to learn facts/figures??? Makes no sense to me. World needs garbage men, landscapers, shop keepers, etc. just as much as it needs doctors and lawyers.

I personally think standardized testing is a good concept, if not always executed correctly. If the state determines that there are certain concepts that everyone should know to graduate from high school, then it makes sense to test kids on those concepts.

good points. I guess I wouldnt have as much of an issue right now if I werent wound as tight as an 8 day clock.

Forum List

Back