Homeowners: what's your bank and mortgage rate?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I'm shopping banks right now. :razz:

Any help is highly appreciated.

We're looking for a 2-family where we'd live in one of the Units.

I was recommended Wells Fargo by a couple. Any secondaries on that one?

Credit Unions usually have good rates.

I have normally used an independent mortgage company, the can shop rates from many vendors.

A friend got a 30 year fixed for 4.625% last week, our is 4.75% from a refinance 30 year back in April. It got sold last month to Wells Fargo, they seem fine too.

We use Quicken Loans a fear years ago, at that time the had the best rate, in April they were a little high on prepays.

I have Wells Fargo, 5.5% on a 15 year contract that I'm paying off sooner. They bought the contract off another bank, I think WaMu, several years back.

They seem organized and easy to deal with. I went through a mortgage broker.

Yea, Wells Fargo looks cool.

I won't go to Wachovia. They're too heavy into the Drug-trafficking game and all. lol

They have been super. I have automatic, bimonthly withdrawal from my checking account, and can easily change the amount by phone. They sent quarterly statements with that, but I wanted to pay off extra principle monthly, but of varying amounts, so I requested a monthly statement, which they happily provided. The customer service is excellent, it's not hard to get a human being on their helpline.

Thanks to you both. I saw that before Care, didn't know if they were "paid off" by those that come up in the searches, was all.

Yea, Wells Fargo looks cool.

I won't go to Wachovia. They're too heavy into the Drug-trafficking game and all. lol

Whoever you go with, more than likely some other mortgage company will buy off the loan....

On the last mortgage we did not go with Wachovia, went with some small bank, and then a month later Wachovia bought out our mortgage and that is who we then owed....

Forum List

Back