Homeless upset over McDonald's dollar menu increase

Aright folks I live in SF. I know this McD. I know the area VERY WELL.

1- Most of not all of the street people in the height ashberry are young punks who like the street culture of doing drugs, taking handouts, panhandling and being bums.
2- NO one in this city can say they are "hungry." Lazy yes, hungry no. SF has more soup kitchens, churches, out reach programs and food hand outs of meals 3 times a day. There is a huge church right there in the height that has a soup kitchen.
3- We have homeless shelters with EMPTY beds.
4- The city just spent 12 million dollars to revamp the end of the park where they hang out (across the street from the McD in questions).

I don't blame this McD one bit for trying to get rid of these street people. I as a customer will not go near that McD because i don't like being aggressively panhandled the moment i walk up to or leave the place.

Want pictures of the place? I would be happy to take them for all of you.

So you're saying if this happened at a methadone clinic we'd have some serious shit on our hands?
I'd like to see a riot made up of heroin addicts. It would probably break out into song.
:lol:
jackson_thriller.jpg
I prefer the meth heads!.....I love watching a good ol' fashioned Marathon!

1- Most of not all of the street people in the height ashberry are young punks who like the street culture of doing drugs, taking handouts, panhandling and being bums.
2- NO one in this city can say they are "hungry." Lazy yes, hungry no. SF has more soup kitchens, churches, out reach programs and food hand outs of meals 3 times a day. There is a huge church right there in the height that has a soup kitchen.
4- The city just spent 12 million dollars to revamp the end of the park where they hang out (across the street from the McD in questions).

I don't blame this McD one bit for trying to get rid of these street people. I as a customer will not go near that McD because i don't like being aggressively panhandled the moment i walk up to or leave the place.

So you're saying if this happened at a methadone clinic we'd have some serious shit on our hands?
I'd like to see a riot made up of heroin addicts. It would probably break out into song.
jackson_thriller.jpg

LMAO the haight ashbury free clinic is right there along with several methadone services, to which do you refer?

Take your pick. The ones truely complaining about the rise in cost of a McD hamburger are probably to fat to muster a rally. But than again...

1120330742_1725319542_WierdAl-Fat.jpg

But I thought all those lib's up in Frisco are kind, caring, giving people. Why would the homeless have to depend on McD's value menu for survival with all those kind, caring, giving liberal people up there?

Just a little side note to all of this.

The mayor has just bought a home in the area and his family was complaining about all of the street people around. The wife didn't like having to deal with walking around and over drunk or drugged out people. She felt threatened a bit by the atmospeher.

Amazingly he announced a plan to clean up the area...could this be part of it?

Just a thought

I think that may 'splain it.

Mayor Gavin Newsom, who recently moved to Haight Ashbury, said that while jogging or grabbing his morning coffee, he hears complaints from merchants.

"It's a lot of behavior issues, a lot of drug-related and transient issues and I'm sensitive to the challenges of some of these folks," Newsom said. "But, at the same time, there's families there, kids in strollers, merchants there barely making ends meet. We've got to find a compromise."

SF police, new chief tackle quality of life crimes - Mayor Gavin Newsom of San Francisco, Ca - Zimbio

Bolded for emphasis.

And guess who he means my families with children in strollers? hhmmm i wonder?

jackson_thriller.jpg

LMAO the haight ashbury free clinic is right there along with several methadone services, to which do you refer?

Take your pick. The ones truely complaining about the rise in cost of a McD hamburger are probably to fat to muster a rally. But than again...

1120330742_1725319542_WierdAl-Fat.jpg
Hey!....That bottom pic is a great shot of Bodeaca leadin' the dance of the lezbos!

lol

I'd rep you but I 24 hr timed out. :clap2:
No worries!....I just repped her for ya'!

So did I. ;)

But I thought all those lib's up in Frisco are kind, caring, giving people. Why would the homeless have to depend on McD's value menu for survival with all those kind, caring, giving liberal people up there?

The mayor has just bought a home in the area and his family was complaining about all of the street people around. The wife didn't like having to deal with walking around and over drunk or drugged out people. She felt threatened a bit by the atmospeher.

Just a thought

Of course it does. The Elite are all in favor of The Homeless until they find them sleeping on their doorsteps.

Just a thought

Of course it does. The Elite are all in favor of The Homeless until they find them sleeping on their doorsteps.

Sorry boe, tis not the elite, its the liberals.

The elite have tried for years to get the area cleaned up and it fell on liberal def ears. Ashbey heights and terrace have some of the most beautiful and expensive homes in the city.

Last edited:

I'd rep you but I 24 hr timed out. :clap2:
No worries!....I just repped her for ya'!
Thanks, as soon as I get some rep power back I'll rep you for repping her :lol:

There is a simple solution to the problem of price increases

Get a job

That is great idea, in theory.
Having worked at a park where many spent most of their time, it doesn't take a genius to figure out, that a good amount of homeless people are mentally ill. Many are also Vietnam Vets who were messed up by the war. We also had many who were elderly and in wheelchairs. But I do love it when people put down homeless people, shows what kind of person they are.

Plenty of mentally ill people work. Unfortunately, they work in Congress.

For oddball! Just a fast drive by! This is the McD in question.

mc5.jpg

Anyone notice how well manicured the landscaping is outside the MickyD?

I bet some Illegal Messkin works his ass off making that shrubry look nice.

The background in the pic is facing west. The trees and such are the beginnings of Golden Gate park. I should have taken pics of the park too. FULL of bums! What pisses me off about this place in the park is that the city spent millions to clean it up, revamp it, install toilets and such...just so the bums would have a nicer place to camp out!

For oddball! Just a fast drive by! This is the McD in question.

mc5.jpg

Anyone notice how well manicured the landscaping is outside the MickyD?

I bet some Illegal Messkin works his ass off making that shrubry look nice.

The background in the pic is facing west. The trees and such are the beginnings of Golden Gate park. I should have taken pics of the park too. FULL of bums! What pisses me off about this place in the park is that the city spent millions to clean it up, revamp it, install toilets and such...just so the bums would have a nicer place to camp out!

They should convert Alcatraz into a "shelter.":razz:

Forum List

Back