Homeless Man Arrested For Using Private Outlet To Charge Phone

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
Clearly, theft is wrong. But what about that ethical grey area? You’ve heard the example before: the man with no job steals bread for his family to survive. Wrong or right? I’d have to lean toward the “right” side, although that doesn’t make the situation fair for the baker, who just lost a loaf of bread. So what would you say if the father was a 23-year-old homeless American named Shaun Fawster, his family was his smartphone, and the bread was electricity to feed it? Still kind of ok, but also still unfair?

The police in Bangor, ME saw things to be pretty black and white when they came across Fawster with not one, but two phones plugged into a private building, hidden behind some flowers. Of course, the theft of electricity charge was probably just a cherry to top off his possession-of-a-concealed-weapon sundae. Fortunately for him, the weapon-wielding, phone-charging Fawster has been released on bail from the Penobscot County Jail.

full story Homeless Man Arrested For Using Private Outlet To Charge Phone

Clearly, theft is wrong. But what about that ethical grey area? You’ve heard the example before: the man with no job steals bread for his family to survive. Wrong or right? I’d have to lean toward the “right” side, although that doesn’t make the situation fair for the baker, who just lost a loaf of bread. So what would you say if the father was a 23-year-old homeless American named Shaun Fawster, his family was his smartphone, and the bread was electricity to feed it? Still kind of ok, but also still unfair?

The police in Bangor, ME saw things to be pretty black and white when they came across Fawster with not one, but two phones plugged into a private building, hidden behind some flowers. Of course, the theft of electricity charge was probably just a cherry to top off his possession-of-a-concealed-weapon sundae. Fortunately for him, the weapon-wielding, phone-charging Fawster has been released on bail from the Penobscot County Jail.

How much do two smartphones cost? Chances are he stole those also. Throw his azz in jail.

You might not like the concept havatec but the man was homeless because he wanted to be homeless. Theft of services means he doesn't have the option to charge his phone or his hair dryer or his car on somebody elses dime unless he pays for it.

I don't know if any of the above posters know it or not but for the past 4 years here in the United states we are in a Great depression. Lot of people lost homes cars etc. Not much work out there either most jobs if your lucky enough to get one pay minimum wage.
Not everyone has family that can help them.. Just imagine you have no family, lost your job no car no house and no money.

Last edited:
I don't know if any of the above posters know it or not but for the past 4 years here in the United states we are in a Great depression. Lot of people lost homes cars etc. Not much work out there either most jobs if your lucky enough to get one pay minimum wage.
Not everyone has family that can help them.. Just imagine you have no family, lost your job no car no house and no money.

We can imagine what it would be like havatek, but the facts don't fit into the radical left's scenario of a great depression. Look it up, people were dying of starvation during FDR's great depression. Now you want to justify a "homeless" man charging his cell phone on somebody else's outlet? Get lost.

Theft is theft. Like being pregnant. Either you are or you are not. Same way with theft. You either stole it or you did not. I'm guessing that if he had of asked for permission to charge his phones that permission would have most likely have been granted. Instead, he was brazen enough to take what he wanted without permission. Book him, Danny...

are you kidding me theft is theft the guy plugged in a cell phone, did not know there were so many youngsters on this message board that are clueless on life period.

The only way you can get a job is to have a phone.

It may be pushing the envelope, but he could have recharged his phone at the library, where they have computers where you can apply for jobs.

He took a risk and got caught....the law is the law. It's not like he's going to have his ear cut off.

okay......that is clear.
not much grey area with this example, its a big jump from smartphone to family.
try again later.

How on earth can this theft be justified? If you are homeless, why do you have a phone? Isn't shelter alittle more important?

And if you do have a phone and it's that important for you to use, is it difficult to offer some work in exchange to get the phone charged? I mean seriously, Im sure someone will let you rake their leaves or mow the grass for some juice for the phone and a few bucks for a meal.

How the heck is stealing it justified?

not everyone needs family to help them. However, if they really do need help, there are churches and private charities that help those who cant help themselves all the time. If someone has the ability to own a phone, and they can use it, they can make money to survive.

Then they were doing their duty in the correct way! The police apply the law as it should be applied, to the letter of the law. The man was committing theft...he is a thief, end of.

And that makes stealing what you want OK does it? :cuckoo:

What The Fuck Is A Homeless Man Doing With A Smart Phone?!?!?!

Fuck him! He can't work to get an apartment, but he can get enough to buy 2 phones?

Smart phones are expensive and out of reach for most people, and this cocksucker has 2.

are you kidding me theft is theft the guy plugged in a cell phone, did not know there were so many youngsters on this message board that are clueless on life period.

Are you perchance talking about yourself? If so,, then yes, it was theft. Were you paying the electric bill?

Forum List

Back