Homeless Isaac Victim: Romney Told Me To 'Go Home And Call 211'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney launched the final leg of his quest for the White House by visiting storm-battered Louisiana on Friday. He drove through a town that was flooded by Hurricane Isaac in part because it's still outside the vast flooding protection system built with federal funds after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.

Romney and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) spent close to an hour meeting with first responders and local officials. Romney shook hands with National Guardsmen outside the U.S. Post Office and talked with a local resident, Jodie Chiarello, 42, who lost her home in Isaac's flooding.

"He just told me to, um, there's assistance out there," Chiarello said of her conversation with Romney. "He said, go home and call 211." That's a public service number offered in many states.​

More: Mitt Romney To Flood Victim: 'Go Home And Call 211'

Chiarello said she will likely seek some other shelter because her home was submerged in the flooding. She expressed frustration about the town's lack of flood protection.

From the OP link. Why the hell can't she get some scuba gear to get to her "submerged" telephone?

Wow, Romie, you're doing a heck of a job! Bet they were sure glad you came!

What would you have him do? He isn't the President, and last I checked isn't in charge of relief efforts. You really are a dim bulb.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney launched the final leg of his quest for the White House by visiting storm-battered Louisiana on Friday. He drove through a town that was flooded by Hurricane Isaac in part because it's still outside the vast flooding protection system built with federal funds after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.

Romney and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) spent close to an hour meeting with first responders and local officials. Romney shook hands with National Guardsmen outside the U.S. Post Office and talked with a local resident, Jodie Chiarello, 42, who lost her home in Isaac's flooding.

"He just told me to, um, there's assistance out there," Chiarello said of her conversation with Romney. "He said, go home and call 211." That's a public service number offered in many states.​

More: Mitt Romney To Flood Victim: 'Go Home And Call 211'

Good job, Mitt! :lol:

And the gaffe machine keeps on rolling.

Chiarello said she will likely seek some other shelter because her home was submerged in the flooding. She expressed frustration about the town's lack of flood protection.

From the OP link. Why the hell can't she get some scuba gear to get to her "submerged" telephone?

The man is clueless, I tell you! Yikes!

I think it was wise and reasonable, too, for Romney to visit the flood ravaged area of LA.

Bear in mind that I don't like Romney and won't vote for him, but complaining about him going there is rather silly partisan bickering about NOTHING.

I think it was wise and reasonable, too, for Romney to visit the flood ravaged area of LA.

Bear in mind that I don't like Romney and won't vote for him, but complaining about him going there is rather silly partisan bickering about NOTHING.

I agree.

Of course this is just campaigning, but I seem to remember visiting New Orleans before the last election, and it's just the same thing.

I don't think it's really fair to expect either man arrive with a shovel and spend three days filling sand bags.

Wouldn't surprise me if he said it. He is an elitist and a rich asshole...why should he care huh? The man is a class a asshole and tyrant...fuck em.

So I assume Obama will tell her the same thing 72 hours later then.

HAhahahahah...........another lame article by Huff n Puff.
Just what the hell do the idiots who read Huff n Puff expect Romney to do? Hand over a few $100k to her to buy a new home?? Take her with him and let her live in his house??

He is not the president yet. What is he supposed to do.. Write her a check from his pocket. If had done that you would still say something see he is so rich look he wrote a check to a lady that lost her house. No matter what he does he cant win in your eyes.

Forum List

Back