Homeland Security Watches Twitter,Social Media,Drudge...

I always assume that websites are watched, it just doesn't bother me. There are methods of assured web anonymity, look into them if you are that worried, as for me I do not have any opinion I am ashamed of or fearful to post on any internet forum.

This is very stupid reasoning. Do you know why we have a 4th amendment? Because tyrannical governments have a bad habit of finding criminal activity when they look for it, even if it isn't there.

So your smug assumption that you are safe if you aren't doing anything wrong while the government peeps into your business is sheer idiocy.

people don't really care about the 4th amendment anymore. they're too scared. heck, i bet many have never read it. here it is for those who haven't seen it...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

^ I've not lost my Freedom there. Nobody's illegally searched my private property without a Warrant. They'd be stupid to. It would blow their case.

I always assume that websites are watched, it just doesn't bother me. There are methods of assured web anonymity, look into them if you are that worried, as for me I do not have any opinion I am ashamed of or fearful to post on any internet forum.

This is very stupid reasoning. Do you know why we have a 4th amendment? Because tyrants have a bad habit of finding criminal activity when they look for it, even if it isn't there.

So your smug assumption that you are safe if you aren't doing anything wrong while the government peeps into your business is sheer idiocy.

searching public forums doesnt violate the 4th. that's for your private person / home/ property.

The government has searched your phone records. Then Congress retroactively gave the telecoms a pass for permitting the government to search your phone records.

The government also monitors all of your internet traffic.

Last edited:
This is very stupid reasoning. Do you know why we have a 4th amendment? Because tyrannical governments have a bad habit of finding criminal activity when they look for it, even if it isn't there.

people don't really care about the 4th amendment anymore. they're too scared. heck, i bet many have never read it. here it is for those who haven't seen it...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

^ I've not lost my Freedom there. Nobody's illegally searched my private property without a Warrant. They'd be stupid to. It would blow their case.

just to clarify, are you saying that because nothing has "happened" to "you" that no freedoms have been lost? if so, that's a weird way to judge stuff.

What advantage is there to living in fear? I suppose I could turn off the internet and throw my computer away and be safe? If our government ever turns overtly tyrannical I have over a decade of "subversive"(LOL) pro democracy writings on dozens of websites to sink me, a little late to start being afraid now. No, I will go about my life as I wish no matter what and say what I think and no one can say a thing that will change that, that's real freedom, it takes courage to keep it, not fear.

that's 70-80's shit that phone lines aint secure. thats BEEN known

and i knew the internet wasnt private when i was like 12

yall are either really really late, or really really puss n/ boots

that's 70-80's shit that phone lines aint secure. thats BEEN known

and i knew the internet wasnt private when i was like 12

yall are either really really late, or really really puss n/ boots

or maybe you're too young to understand what people fought and died for.

What advantage is there to living in fear?

Ironic. The reason the government spies on you is because it is afraid of you.

So ask the government that question.

This just in: The police watch the way you drive on the streets and highways.

Yes and now the TSA does too. Have fun at your next TSA Checkpoint. Have your papers.

the funny thing about the slow erosion of our freedoms is that it never seems like we're losing much at any one moment. then a couple of generations pass and the cumulative affect is pretty bad.

“The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.” - James Madison

Forum List

Back