Homeland Security to press ahead with Real ID

Violation of privacy? LMAO. How naive are you? For a small fee, I can access most of your records as a private citizen already. And you honestly don't think that the government agency that issued you your social security is safeguarding it from other government agencies do you? ROFL. :rofl:

The only card that has personal information on it that you need to carry around in civilian population is your driver's license, or maybe a state ID card, if you don't have driving privileges.

Really, you don't "NEED" to carry that around anyway, if you aren't driving.

If you're military, than you have a military ID card, like Gunny pointed out. In that case, it's mandatory.

Otherwise, what are all these cards you're talking about that the government makes you carry?

Your state has a card on you, and the feds have SS. Why the fuck do any of them need anymore? You don't carry SS cards around anyway, at the suggestion of the government, so what the fuck else are you complaining about having to carry around that's mandatory?

I agree; although, I already HAVE a Federal ID card (military ID).

This is going in the opposite direction of my belief in small government and government at the lowest level. Anymore, Republicans are as guilty of big government as Democrats.

I don't see a difference in consolidating many government agencies into a few. Reducing bureaucracy is all they'd be doing in my eyes. The majority of the arguments against a Federal ID system is purely ideological- the alleged potential violations of privacy already exist with what we have now.

Let me guess you live in the State of Paranoia and they don't require you to have any personal information on your driver's license. Dude, the government already makes you carry multiple cards with all of your info on it anyways. All this would do is consolidate all of the cards you already have into one. What's the big deal? I'd support it for the convenience alone.

Yep. It's lazy folks like you who will just lay down and let them take away our freedoms. You're right about the multiple cards...there are many efforts out there to control the masses. I'd rather not make it easy for them by putting it all into one big control unit.

The fact that there are 50 state governments between me and the feds is the only thing holding the fascists back from total control. Or would you rather prefer that just a few hundred people on Capitol Hill (led by an even smaller group) control every aspect of your life?

The only card that has personal information on it that you need to carry around in civilian population is your driver's license, or maybe a state ID card, if you don't have driving privileges.

Really, you don't "NEED" to carry that around anyway, if you aren't driving.

If you're military, than you have a military ID card, like Gunny pointed out. In that case, it's mandatory.

Otherwise, what are all these cards you're talking about that the government makes you carry?

Your state has a card on you, and the feds have SS. Why the fuck do any of them need anymore? You don't carry SS cards around anyway, at the suggestion of the government, so what the fuck else are you complaining about having to carry around that's mandatory?
Who says I was complaining? I said it would be convenient to take one card with me everywhere I went. Fishing license, gun permit, hunting license, passport, driver's license, etc., all on one card. You're the one getting all emotional with that traitor crap and ranting about slippery slopes and implanted microchips. All I'm saying is it's no big deal.

I don't see a difference in consolidating many government agencies into a few. Reducing bureaucracy is all they'd be doing in my eyes.
Reducing???

Please!!

The DHS is a shining example of many agencies consolidated into one bureaucracy, and it's the biggest bureaucracy this government has ever had.

The majority of the arguments against a Federal ID system is purely ideological- the alleged potential violations of privacy already exist with what we have now.

That makes sense. :rolleyes: Our privacy is already being violated, so let's just add to it out of convenience. Are you really that lazy?

Would you accept a microchip implant for the convenience of not having to carry ANY cards around?

Reducing???

Please!!

The DHS is a shining example of many agencies consolidated into one bureaucracy, and it's the biggest bureaucracy this government has ever had.

That makes sense. :rolleyes: Our privacy is already being violated, so let's just add to it out of convenience. Are you really that lazy?

Would you accept a microchip implant for the convenience of not having to carry ANY cards around?
LMAO. Stating that one ID card in place of the ones you already have is a far cry from implanting microchips. Stop being retarded.

Who says I was complaining? I said it would be convenient to take one card with me everywhere I went. Fishing license, gun permit, hunting license, passport, driver's license, etc., all on one card. You're the one getting all emotional with that traitor crap and ranting about slippery slopes and implanted microchips. All I'm saying is it's no big deal.

You still don't get it though. Do you even know what the Real ID system consists of? That card will be what amounts to a "ticket" to be able to participate in just about everything we do as citizens, consumers, etc.

You can always choose not to accept the card, but it will shut you out of everything that you do. Eventually, it will be your identification precedent, and it will be tied to store purchases, bank transactions, driving, all the other things you listed, etc.

It's not just an ID card.

Yep. It's lazy folks like you who will just lay down and let them take away our freedoms. You're right about the multiple cards...there are many efforts out there to control the masses. I'd rather not make it easy for them by putting it all into one big control unit.

The fact that there are 50 state governments between me and the feds is the only thing holding the fascists back from total control. Or would you rather prefer that just a few hundred people on Capitol Hill (led by an even smaller group) control every aspect of your life?

And what will they be able to control with a national ID card that they can't control now????

You still don't get it though. Do you even know what the Real ID system consists of? That card will be what amounts to a "ticket" to be able to participate in just about everything we do as citizens, consumers, etc.
Oh you mean like getting a job, driving a car, owning a gun, traveling to different countries? Geez maybe you're right, I'd hate it if the government made me have to get a card or license to do all that. :rolleyes:

Hey in an effort to really protect our personal privacy, why aren't you so called libertarians lobbying for all licensing and registration requirements to be lifted?

I asked a simple question.

Would you accept a microchip?
Nope. All I said was that I'd support an ID card that would consolidate everything the government already requires you to have. I've no problem federalizing driver's licenses, hunting-fishing, and weapons and firearms. I'd draw the line at bank transactions and purchases. The violation of privacy issue is a non-argument considering the government has access to your personal information anyway. The only argument I can see one making is competency, which exists with the States and the Feds already.

Nope. All I said was that I'd support an ID card that would consolidate everything the government already requires you to have. I've no problem federalizing driver's licenses, hunting-fishing, and weapons and firearms. I'd draw the line at bank transactions and purchases. The violation of privacy argument issue is a non-argument considering the government has access to your personal information anyway. The only argument I can see one making is competency, which exists with the States and the Feds already.

Well the absolute minimum argument I'd make is why should we have to pay more taxes to fund something that really only amounts to, in your view, added convenience?

If they have the info already, why do we need to pay them to consolidate it?

Why do we have to keep paying for government incompetence?

foil04.jpg

I could be wrong...but I'm pretty sure it goes on your head.

:razz:

Is it legal to post that pic? I had to throw my glasses on the floor in self-defense!:rofl:

By the way Gunny, you're getting a little droopy around the ass cheeks, you should start doing some butt crunches.

I don't see a difference in consolidating many government agencies into a few. Reducing bureaucracy is all they'd be doing in my eyes. The majority of the arguments against a Federal ID system is purely ideological- the alleged potential violations of privacy already exist with what we have now.

So might as well conyinue narrowing our liberty, as opposed to maybe restoring Constitutional law?

Yes it is a big deal. You are looking for convenience and will gladly allow a cabal of intelligence and banking institutes consolidate power. As it stands, the FISA court would have been necessary to examine all of your data. Now the NSA has super computers cataloging everything and you want to help make that easier out of personal convenience.

Sounds like the same argument for landowners who do not want to pay taxes that fund public schools. My father (as an example) has to pay property tax. He is pissed because his kids are all grown and he doesn't want to pay for public school. Very self centered outlook.

Well the absolute minimum argument I'd make is why should we have to pay more taxes to fund something that really only amounts to, in your view, added convenience?

If they have the info already, why do we need to pay them to consolidate it?

Why do we have to keep paying for government incompetence?
You're already paying for most of this in the form of State taxes already. I don't know about you, but I for one see driver's licensing, passports, gun licensing, social security numbers, etc., as a reasonable safeguard and would put up with government incompetence to have these registration requirements. You on the other hand may not, which is fine by me. But come on, calling someone a traitor is a bit much.

Oh you mean like getting a job, driving a car, owning a gun, traveling to different countries? Geez maybe you're right, I'd hate it if the government made me have to get a card or license to do all that.

What if getting a job required you to have your card or microchip scanned by the new employer who does an on the spot background check?

What if political affiliation, known political statements and law enforcement rankings of your politics became part of that record? What if the government decided that your politics were a minor threat and flagged your records?

And what if your potential employer could not or would not hire you based on that information. All of your information; financial records, books bought & read, licenses owned, job history, religious affiliation, medical records, education, and so on all consolidated into one Government agency, cataloged and ranked according to a perceived civil obedience...all on one card or microchip.

That is how that agency could control whether or not you work, can buy food, clothes or housing, can get an education and so on.

Yes it is a big deal. You are looking for convenience and will gladly allow a cabal of intelligence and banking institutes consolidate power. As it stands, the FISA court would have been necessary to examine all of your data. Now the NSA has super computers cataloging everything and you want to help make that easier out of personal convenience.

Sounds like the same argument for landowners who do not want to pay taxes that fund public schools. My father (as an example) has to pay property tax. He is pissed because his kids are all grown and he doesn't want to pay for public school. Very self centered outlook.
Bullshit. I'm not asking for the government to create something new in order to convenience me. I'm stating that I don't have a problem with taking something the State and Feds already do and putting it under one umbrella. But hey if you don't want to live with that, then at least have the logical consistency to respect a State's right to issue a driver's license to illegals whenever they choose to do so.

Bullshit. I'm not asking for the government to create something new in order to convenience me. I'm stating that I don't have a problem with taking something the State and Feds already do and putting it under one umbrella. But hey if you don't want to live with that, then at least have the logical consistency to respect a State's right to issue a driver's license to illegals whenever they choose to do so.

Haha are you kidding me? A State doesn't have a "right" to issue a legal privilege to an illegal occupant in this country who has broken a federal law.

Forum List

Back