Homegrown terrorist. Any in your neighborhood?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I got an email today that reminded me terrorism is still alive and in fact is potentially here in the US.

It got me to thinking about a few years back when we were shopping down in KC. These guys with turbans on their heads looked at me with an absolute hate in their eyes. I was wondering at that point if my uncovered head offended them or what. Or was it just that they had not been treated to friendly by someone for having towels on their heads and the 9/11 reprecussions they may have felt for being towel heads.

I had never heard these names prior to today...Jamaat ul-Fuqra....Sheikh Gilani

So today I went searching a bit for any up to date news on terrorist in the US. I came across this article.

Link to full article...
Terrorist Camps in America
By Jamie Glazov
FrontPageMagazine.com | Tuesday, February 03, 2009

“Homegrown Jihad” documents the networks of Jamaat ul-Fuqra, a terrorist group run by a radical Muslim leader in Lahore, Pakistan named Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, an individual who, as I said in my last interview, does us the favor of not hiding his true colors. While he casts himself as a peace-loving Muslim, his actions and the actions of his network are anything but. In the documentary, we show a secret videotape, one which Gilani strictly instructs his followers to keep hidden, where he personally engages in terrorist training, from killing guards to hijacking vehicles to setting off explosives. On this tape, he says that those seeking to “join one of the most advanced training courses in Islamic military warfare” can contact any of his “Muslims of America” compounds in the United States, almost all of which still operate today.

“Muslims of America” is a group set up by Gilani to act as a thinly-veiled front for Jamaat ul-Fuqra. There are at least 35 “Muslims of America” compounds in the U.S. alone, along with at least 3,000 members, many of which have criminal backgrounds. The websites of these compounds do not hide the fact that they are devoted to, and are led by, Sheikh Gilani. The compound at Red House, Virginia, even has a street named after him. With Gilani saying things like “We are fighting to destroy the enemy. We are dealing with evil at its roots and its roots are in America”, “Jews are an example of human Satans,” and “Act like you are a friend, then kill him”, we need to question the motives and beliefs of those who live in and are educated in his communities and take action to stop them from acting upon these beliefs.

Members of this group continue to be arrested and convicted for involvement in terrorism and all sorts of criminal activity. Members are also required to make a pledge: “I shall always hear and obey, and whenever given the command, I shall readily fight for Allah’s sake.” They continue to recruit members, build and expand compounds, and operate in isolation, away from the eyes of the public

No suprises. That's why it always amazed me that they thought they needed to go to Iraq to find them. I'm betting if I went over to Atlantic Avenue, in downtown Brooklyn, you could find a few Jamaat ul-Fuqra types.

It's unsurprising and unfortunate that such a phenomenon would develop when the U.S. grants unconditional and unregulated aid to Israel, even when they construct their settlements in the Occupied Territories, even when they remain in unjust possession of the Golan Heights, even when they openly flout numerous UN resolutions.

I just click on a link in the article and they have a map of where these camps are at Christianaction.org

Also a model for legislation they are wanting passed. Model Legislation Related to Domestic Terrorist Training Camps The skinheads might not like that one.

To me these parts of that article are a good reason that illegal aliens situation should be tighten up in the states.
Gilani’s compounds have also been extensively engaged in criminal activity, a trend that began when they were founded and continues today. For example, a compound in California was abandoned in 2002 after the leader was arrested after being caught stealing $1.3 million from the government through a charter school. Al-Fuqra members also own security companies, which likely gives them access to weapons. The head of one such company recently had his offices raided for not paying his taxes. Three people from the site at Red House were arrested for making illegal arms purchases as well.

A September 2004 report by the National White Collar Crime Center said that “Members of the Fuqra group have raised money by taking advantage of a variey of social services programs, including worker’s compensation, public health care, welfare, and food stamps programs. Other crimes committed by Fuqra members include the creation and use of false identification cards, birth certificates, and other forged documents..." The report also confirms that Fuqra is recruiting criminals and describes them as “one of the most elusive terrorist groups resident in the U.S.”

Here are a few links to video's on Youtube to watch:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8_82YGXJe0]YouTube - Homegrown Jihad[/ame] Trailer of a Documentary film that was viewed Feb 11, 2009.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATbhco5k76w&feature=related]YouTube - Cameraman attacked at Muslims of America[/ame] Camera man attacked while making the Documentary.

Red House Va is only an hour drive away from where i live.

Angna, the OP didn't type one word with "Israel" in it but yet you want to highjack the thread for what purpose? Perhaps to deflect?

Stick to the topic!

Why are they not on our Watch List? Where are the local authorities and homeland security?

To me these parts of that article are a good reason that illegal aliens situation should be tighten up in the states.

I don't see how that could be, especially considering that the large majority of the 9/11 hijackers were in this country legally.

We better add in there and keep better tabs on the ones here who have not reported in correctly also who were permitted to enter into the country.

Overall roundup sounds like the best routine and shakedown.

If someone is not here legally and fully reporting their status they need to be booted back to where theycame from. It would be the best money this country could spend in the preventive defense department.

Angna, the OP didn't type one word with "Israel" in it but yet you want to highjack the thread for what purpose? Perhaps to deflect?

Stick to the topic!

Why are they not on our Watch List? Where are the local authorities and homeland security?

Deflect? If the topic of the thread is Islamic terrorism, Israel is a paramount concern, since unconditional and unregulated U.S. aid for Israel is a chief cause of high recruitment.

We better add in there and keep better tabs on the ones here who have not reported in correctly also who were permitted to enter into the country.

If someone is not here legally and fully reporting their status they need to be booted back to where theycame from. It would be the best money this country could spend in the preventive defense department.

"Overall roundup" is an unfeasible, wasteful, and inefficient plan that would fall flat on its face. The Israel issue is far more pertinent.

Interesting and I bet you 10 to 1 that Jamaat ul-Fuqra has training camps in Mexico and has befriended the Cartel.

I found this an interesting read also:

President Felipe Calderón began an assault on organized crime shortly after he took office in December 2006. It soon became apparent that the cartels would stop at nothing to preserve their operations, and that a state commitment to confrontation meant that violence would escalate.
As bad as the violence is, it could get worse, and it is becoming clear that the U.S. faces contagion. In recent months, several important American voices have raised concerns about the risks north of the border.
The paper reported that the US Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Virginia, "warned recently that an unstable Mexico 'could represent a homeland security problem of immense proportions to the United States.'"
The Los Angeles Times added that the report said Mexico should be "monitored alongside Pakistan as a 'weak and failing' state that could crumble swiftly under relentless assault by violent drug cartels."
The newspaper said that the US Joint Forces Command report was only one of several alarms being sounded on the security situation south of the border.
Retired U.S. Army Gen. Barry R. McCaffrey, the former U.S. drug agency director, said in a separate analysis on Mexico that the government "is not confronting dangerous criminality -- it is fighting for its survival against narco-terrorism" and could lose effective control of large swaths near the U.S. border.
The outgoing CIA director, Michael V. Hayden, listed Mexico with Iran as a possible top challenge for President Obama.
And former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich said this month that Mexico could turn into a surprise crisis for the new president by year's end.
But the newspaper noted that Mexican officials and some analysts dispute such alarmism. "'It's a very bad analysis,' said Raul Benitez, an expert on security and US-Mexico relations at the National Autonomous University of Mexico. 'Mexico has some failed institutions inside the government, but not the whole state.'"
In a letter to the El Paso Times published Sunday, Mexico's ambassador to the United States, Arturo Sarukhan, rejected the notion that Mexico might be on the verge of collapse, saying that was "plainly preposterous."
The violence unleashed by trafficking organizations in response to President Calderón's effort to shut them down cannot be denied.
[But if] one considers the criteria that could lead to a "sudden collapse" – loss of territorial control; inability to provide public services; refugees and internally displaced people; criminalization of the state; sharp economic decline; and incapacity to interact as a full number of the international community -- it is obvious that Mexico simply doesn't fit the pattern.

Stick to the topic!

Deflect? If the topic of the thread is Islamic terrorism, Israel is a paramount concern, since unconditional and unregulated U.S. aid for Israel is a chief cause of high recruitment.

"Overall roundup" is an unfeasible, wasteful, and inefficient plan that would fall flat on its face. The Israel issue is far more pertinent.
WRONG, I'm starting to think we just should bomb the hell out of Mecca.

All the more reason to put some of that money the feds are getting ready to spend into a cleanup effort.

Heck they are getting prepared for the census and could use some of census workers to assist in documenting who's who out there as they travel along.

I used to believe that. Then I chose to actually think about that proposal...and pictured inflamed mobs provoked into even deeper hatred of America.
I could careless who hates america but they better respect our country and not wage any war or Terrorisim upon us. They can go suck on some pork meat for all I care.

I could careless who hates america but they better respect our country and not wage any war or Terrorisim upon us. They can go suck on some pork meat for all I care.

Then perhaps it would be best not to provide unconditional and unregulated aid to a nation which treats Arabs with a significant amount of prejudice and injustice, as this seems to aggravate them significantly.

With all the violence going on in Mexico, I'm sure Mexico's tourism is being hurt therefore no money in the Gov. pockets. Mexico is a HOT and don't think one moment that Terrorist won't take that to their advantage if not already.

Then perhaps it would be best not to provide unconditional and unregulated aid to a nation which treats Arabs with a significant amount of prejudice and injustice, as this seems to aggravate them significantly.
We give aid to many countries! Including Saudi, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, we have lent a helping hand to all of them, some with cash, some with weapons, and some behind close doors, so don't give me the Israel hating crap.

Do you get paid by how many times you type GAZA and anti Israel crap? Really it gets old and I can see through it.

Stick to the topic!

Which would accomplish what?

Which would accomplish what?

Getting rid of EVIL is a good thing. :eusa_whistle:

This thread isn't about ISRAEL so dont' go there! Go find your other Jew hating thread!

Last edited:

Maybe those terrorist should just give it up. Idiot Arab terrorist endanger everyone of their brothers and sisters by being ignorant assholes sending their children, now women into terrorize innocent citizens.

America is not going to stop supporting Israel in defending herself.

Forum List

Back