Home School?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
More Reasons to Home School Rather Than Subject Your Kids to Public School
Posted by Robbie Cooper on 9/6/2013

A couple of public school stories I wanted to write about last month, but never got around to. Here they are for posterity sake (and to remind myself why I’m home schooling my boy rather than subjecting him to the travesty of a public school education).

Salon School is a prison ? and damaging our kids - Salon.com : School is a prison — and damaging our kids

And the second link @ Sippican Cottage: Last Thursday, I Lied

Read story and links @ More Reasons to Home School Rather Than Subject Your Kids to Public School » UrbanGrounds

As it becomes clear that more and more of our public schools are failing our children, it appears this is the only truly viable alternative. But, only when parents can and do take an active role in the home schooling.

If you can afford private school for you child like I can, then that's an option, but most people can't.

For most people who have a life and must work to support themselves, home schooling is not a realistic option. Although every conscientious parent must be diligent about seeing what their children are exposed to in school, and providing a "reality check" where appropriate, the benefits of "free" public education cannot be dismissed out of hand.

Even having the occasional incompetent or burned out teacher can be a valuable learning experience, as we encounter such types in the real world as well, and one cannot always just blow them off - sometimes it's your boss or main client, or whatever.

I pity the kids whose parents are delusional about their own knowledge and capabilities, and elect to home school when they oughtn't.

gplus773781517.jpg

Forum List

Back