home remedies

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Going into my forth day of a really, really bad cold, what kind of remedies do people out there have?

I always forget, is it feed a fever and starve a cold, or starve a fever and feed a cold? I play it safe and just feed both.

Right now I'm drinking green tea with a lot of honey in it to sooth my throat.

What kind of home remedies do you people try?

Going into my forth day of a really, really bad cold, what kind of remedies do people out there have?

I always forget, is it feed a fever and starve a cold, or starve a fever and feed a cold? I play it safe and just feed both.

Starve a fever, feed a cold.

I use this book for home health purposes:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rosemary-Gladstars-Family-Herbal-Vitality/dp/1580174256/ref=pd_cp_b_1?pf_rd_p=413864201&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1580171532&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1VQ2Z90KTE7EP5G1PTDM]Amazon.com: Rosemary Gladstar's Family Herbal: A Guide to Living Life with Energy, Health, and Vitality: Rosemary Gladstar: Books[/ame]

I make mega batches of the Super C Immunity Syrup to have on hand for colds/flu, and also make huge batches of the bottoms up salve, which works great on my kids' eczema.

For a cold, try these common herbs that you might have around the house, in a tea:

thyme
chamomile
hibiscus (think red zinger, it's a key ingredient in that).
ginger
basil

Here is a list of some others: Top Herbs for Cold

Also, add some lemon to your green tea, it is good for clearing mucus.

I'm telling you, whisky will kick it...if it's a cold.

4 days doesn't sound like a cold, though.

I take in a lot of fluids: tea, homemade chicken soup. Also, lots of showers to help with decongesting and to help with pain. A lot of moaning and whining helps as well. :)

I hope you feel better.

Black tea with the following added: a dash of ground black pepper, dash of salt, couple drops of liquid peppermint, tsp. of honey, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon.

This is more for diarrhea and vomitting. It should kill the vomitting immediately and allow you to retain foods and drinks.

And also, to clear the sinuses:

Take warm water with salt added, tilt your head back, and pour it down one nostril until it literally runs out of the other one. Repeat for the other nostril, and then snort the salt water like as if you were hocking a lugy, and spit it out. Repeat the snort a couple times, and as often as needed. If done properly, this will work better than Afrin. Afrin is horrible because you build up a tolerance to its effects after too many uses.

And be sure to exceed the daily recommendedd dose of vitamin C, in the most natural form you can. I take an Ester-C tablet once a day along with drinking my tea.

Good NATURAL miltivitamins, along with an extra added natural Vitamin C source, and a cup of tea, all on a daily basis, and you will most likely never get sick.

Wife swears by Airborne and similar products. I have to admit they do make you feel better and reduce the length of sickness.

Forum List

Back