Home raided for owning books

Spare the rhetoric.....

How did law enforcement get the warrant.

Key word there...... Prior to any grand jury.

I wasn't aware a grand jury was required for a search warrant. I always thought a judge handled those. Silly me.

The police investigate. Then they get a warrant from a judge. Then they act on the warrant. Then the evidence is presented to a grand jury. Then the grand jury decides whether or not to indict the suspects.

kinda what I thought the process was. Silly us, huh.

Apparently, this is a non event or they think because they might be anarchist, it's ok.

I thought all Americans had Liberty and are free to live how they want, not just those who assimilate and follow the crowd.

What's going to happen when they decide the Bible, Torah or Quran is dangerous and drags you to jail because you have one of those in your home?

The people of this country are really starting to get on my last nerve.

EDIT: See the two posts above mine. It's ok to violate a persons civil liberties, their civil rights, not allowed a lawyer, dragged in front of a Grand Jury, because they are suspected of damaging property and don't agree with the things I do. I wonder if the guy above me read the part where the girl wasn't even in Seattle when she supposedly damaged property.

In this country, people have the right not to incriminate themselves, and that right is well protected in our judicial system. People do not have the right to conceal evidence of a crime committed by someone else.

The little punks damaged property. You know...property. One of those libertarian ideals. Property.

Damn, what a leap, the two went from suspects to "The little punks damaged property." in one post.

What happened to the presumption of innocence?

When did they start using jack boot tactics like this for a property crime? From what I've seen these folks were not suspected of being violent.

Just asking.

All things I own as well...means nothing,and even if they did commit vandalism why is the FBI involved its at most a small felony and at least a misdemeanor they will get probation and community service for...its absurd abuse of power AGAIN.

From the link I quoted earlier:

Downtown Seattle erupted in chaos Tuesday as black-clad May Day demonstrators marauded through the shopping district, smashing plate glass windows at banks and retail outlets, spray-painting cars and slashing tires.

Destroying the property of a federally insured bank moves you into the big time.

The little punks damaged property. You know...property. One of those libertarian ideals. Property.

It also says they werent even in Seattle when the vandalism occurred.

Another thing...lets say they were responsible. Does that give our government the right to disregard their rights?

All things I own as well...means nothing,and even if they did commit vandalism why is the FBI involved its at most a small felony and at least a misdemeanor they will get probation and community service for...its absurd abuse of power AGAIN.

Downtown Seattle erupted in chaos Tuesday as black-clad May Day demonstrators marauded through the shopping district, smashing plate glass windows at banks and retail outlets, spray-painting cars and slashing tires.

Destroying the property of a federally insured bank moves you into the big time.

It also occurs to me they crossed state lines to carry out their attack. They also used the internet and telecommunications to plan their attack.

It also says they werent even in Seattle when the vandalism occurred.

See post #11.

Another thing...lets say they were responsible. Does that give our government the right to disregard their rights?

How were their rights disregarded?

A warrant was issued to collect evidence in full accordance with the 4th Amendment.

Hey, dipshit. Their homes were raided because they are suspects in vandalism which occured on May Day.

From your link:

Reportedly, the FBI search warrant was for black clothing, paint, sticks, computers and cell phones, and ‘anarchist materials or literature.’
Seattle Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild | The Today File | Seattle Times

Two Portland residents say they will appear before a federal grand jury in Seattle Thursday in an investigation of anarchist activity, according to a statement they released on Wednesday.

Grand jury subpoenas have also been served to activists in Olympia and Seattle who may be connected to an ongoing investigation of May Day vandalism, according to the Seattle Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, which identifies itself as an association of progressive lawyers. In a statement, the guild urged the U.S. Attorney’s Office to drop the subpoenas out of suspicion they were being used “as a pretext for harassing political activists.”
Seattle May Day protest marked by vandalism, arrests - Los Angeles Times

At least eight people had been arrested by early evening. May Day arrests also were reported in Portland, Ore., and New York.

Tell me something, stormtrooper, how does a vandalism charge rate a SWAT team to search for black clothing, paint, and sticks?

Last edited:
Apparently, this is a non event or they think because they might be anarchist, it's ok.

I thought all Americans had Liberty and are free to live how they want, not just those who assimilate and follow the crowd.

What's going to happen when they decide the Bible, Torah or Quran is dangerous and drags you to jail because you have one of those in your home?

The people of this country are really starting to get on my last nerve.

EDIT: See the two posts above mine. It's ok to violate a persons civil liberties, their civil rights, not allowed a lawyer, dragged in front of a Grand Jury, because they are suspected of damaging property and don't agree with the things I do. I wonder if the guy above me read the part where the girl wasn't even in Seattle when she supposedly damaged property.

I wonder if you read the part where the police also confiscated computers and cell phones.

You do not have to be physically present at the scene of the crime to have conspired with others and planned a riot. Maybe she was too cowardly to actually participate and just helped plan and/or coordinate the destruction of property.

Wow, computers and cell phones. that proves they are guilty, only criminals have computers and cell phones.

Hey, dipshit. Their homes were raided because they are suspects in vandalism which occured on May Day.

From your link:

Reportedly, the FBI search warrant was for black clothing, paint, sticks, computers and cell phones, and ‘anarchist materials or literature.’

At least eight people had been arrested by early evening. May Day arrests also were reported in Portland, Ore., and New York.

Tell me something, stormtrooper, how does a vandalism charge rate a SWAT team to search for black clothing and paint sticks?

First of all, the vandalism and other crimes did involve banks. That's federal.

Secondly, just because some link says that the crimes included vandalism and tire slashing doesn't mean that all that was involved was minor vandalism. If the investigation involved concerns with OTHER crimes -- possibly violent ones -- that would certainly lead to a desire to investigate vigorously and that includes getting warrants.

What we DON'T know about the case is voluminous. It could be answered if only we could see the warrant applications -- which we have not. I would guess (playing the hunch here) that the warrant application would provide some interesting insights into why the Feds (not a swat team) got involved.

We don't even know why the black clothing was considered to be potentially useful evidence. But that doesn't mean it wasn't.

Hm. Love your brilliant tie in's there...they had black clothing and there was vandalism by people in black clothes.More than likely they were 2 of about 100 or more people in black yet they get raided by the FBI over VANDALISM....you really swallowing that shit? REALLY!? Give me a fucking break...oh and I wear black clothes and go to political rallies to...that make me a target for the FBI aka federal bureau of idiots aka federal bureau of incineration.Believe me the books I own would scare the FBI more than what those 2 kids have.
So let's recap
we have black clothes when 100's of people were wearing them
We have vandalism at a rally where 100's of people were at

so we have 2 people raided by the FBI over vandalism....yep makes perfect sense...believe that shit I got ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you.

Black clothing, paint and...computers and cell phones. Guess which items will be the most damning?

I'll give you a clue. They aren't black, and they aren't books. You got yourself all heated up over the wrong shit, fool. You blinded yourself with your own smoke and mirrors! BWA-HA-HA!

The story did not say they found anything, just that the warrant authorized a search for those things. Nice of you to reflexively defend the state though, even without evidence. Can you explain how people having paint and clothing proves they are guilty? Does that make painters terrorists?

If there was real anarchy, the way anarchists want, then anyone could go into their home, take their stuff and beat the crap out of them so why are they complaining?

Actually, it doesn't.

Wow, computers and cell phones. that proves they are guilty, only criminals have computers and cell phones.

I can clean a computer - remove any trace of data. No CSI recovery BS, completely gone with a zero bit overwrite.

But an iPhone is Apple, as in a thousand times more evil than DHS Apple. Anything these two ever said or typed on their iPhone will be on Apple servers. They could be screwed.

From your link:

Tell me something, stormtrooper, how does a vandalism charge rate a SWAT team to search for black clothing and paint sticks?

First of all, the vandalism and other crimes did involve banks. That's federal.

Secondly, just because some link says that the crimes included vandalism and tire slashing doesn't mean that all that was involved was minor vandalism. If the investigation involved concerns with OTHER crimes -- possibly violent ones -- that would certainly lead to a desire to investigate vigorously and that includes getting warrants.

What we DON'T know about the case is voluminous. It could be answered if only we could see the warrant applications -- which we have not. I would guess (playing the hunch here) that the warrant application would provide some interesting insights into why the Feds (not a swat team) got involved.

We don't even know why the black clothing was considered to be potentially useful evidence. But that doesn't mean it wasn't.

First of all, I didn't say anything about federal, I asked about how vandalism charges rate an armed SWAT team.

Second of all, SWAT means Special Weapons and Tactics. These are quasi military units intended to respond to hostage situations, not be used for search warrants. If they had expected to find a weapons cache or meet heavy armed resistance it would justify using the tactics they used. If they actually expected that, it should have been in the warrant. That is the issue I have with this story, not whether the warrant was justified in and of itself.

The tactics were wrong, SWAT teams are used for things they should stay out of, and that gets people killed. I object to the government killing people.

Dissent isn't a Libertarian, he is a Chomskyite - a communist.

Oh I can't wait for him to prove this wonderful bit if information...this ought to be mind blowing...seeing how I am not a communist,but hey since when has the truth stopped idiots like uncensored..

Ahhh...

Oh I can't wait for him to prove this wonderful bit if information...this ought to be mind blowing...seeing how I am not a communist,but hey since when has the truth stopped idiots like uncensored..
If there was real anarchy, the way anarchists want, then anyone could go into their home, take their stuff and beat the crap out of them so why are they complaining?
And we would have the right to protect our property as we see fit not by some governments laws used to restrict our individual rights.

what a load of H.S.
Pretty telling that O.P. is just trying to stir some sh oout of nothing when he zeros in on the books and conveniently overlooks the vandalism and crime.

grow up - get a life

Forum List

Back