Home prices drop 0.5 pct. from February to March Home prices fall 0.5 percent from

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Home prices fall 0.5 percent from February to March, a sign of a softening housing market

On Tuesday May 25, 2010, 9:30 am

NEW YORK (AP) -- Home prices fell in March from the previous month, a sign of a weakening housing market despite historically low mortgage rates and now-expired tax credits.

The Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller 20-city home price index released Tuesday posted a 0.5 percent drop from February.

Prices in 13 of the 20 cities tracked by the index fell month over month. Only six metro areas recorded price gains. One, Boston, came in flat.
Home prices drop 0.5 pct. from February to March - Yahoo! Finance

He's back, the lead singer for the Henny Penny Dancers. Be scared people, be very very scared. Put you money in a mattress, don't buy anything and you'll see, the sky will fall.

home prices went up almost 4% up here in April and sales were up 40%, this april verses April of last year.

the news on this was that the home buyer credits is what generated the housing boom(so to say) for this particular month, because this was the LAST month they were available.

We will see if this home buying trend continues through May.....without any gvt credits....

He's back, the lead singer for the Henny Penny Dancers. Be scared people, be very very scared. Put you money in a mattress, don't buy anything and you'll see, the sky will fall.

I have never left. The Economy has never been in recovery. I have warned people so that they will not lose their savings after having been suckered in to the stock market again. I have posted that over and over and over for your benefit.

If you are too stupid to have any money to invest, this does not apply to you. I strongly suspect that is the case.

home prices went up almost 4% up here in April and sales were up 40%, this april verses April of last year.

the news on this was that the home buyer credits is what generated the housing boom(so to say) for this particular month, because this was the LAST month they were available.

We will see if this home buying trend continues through May.....without any gvt credits....

In San Diego they have gone up, too. I suspect that it does not have lasting power.

The homebuyer tax credit merely reached into the near future and pulled demand forward a bit. If you were considering buying a house in late summer or fall, then the credit influenced you to buy it now instead.

The government is pushing on a string in attempts to keep the debt-stuffed Americans feasting.

Forum List

Back