Home ownership is GREAT

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I don't get it why people hate door to door salesmen, sometimes they really make my day.

I had cable companies in an all out war with each other for my business.

I started with a $145 bill, and now I pay $75 a month and after the 2-year promotion is over, I'll make them War it out again.

Yesterday, I was steaming clams for the family outside and a guy approached me. He offered me garbage pick-up for $21 a month, and 2 free months. I was paying $31. Hopped right on it. I'll be glad to answer the old company when they knock on my door!~ :D

I'm supposed to be paying the county $4/month for garbage pick up. I've been here 18 months and have yet to see a bill.

That's a nice deal. May or may not want to be an honest dude and let them know though, lol.

I'm supposed to be paying the county $4/month for garbage pick up. I've been here 18 months and have yet to see a bill.

That's a nice deal. May or may not want to be an honest dude and let them know though, lol.

If they decide to bill me, $72 won't hurt much, besides, I already pay $189/year in property taxes.

yup $189. How's THAT make you feel?

If they decide to bill me, $72 won't hurt much, besides, I already pay $189/year in property taxes.

Makes me feel like you either live in an actual garbage can - thus the "steal" on garbage pick-up...............

or, could offer expla. to your low taxes and hook a brother up.

Hmm I pay 2400 in property tax.
Have to educte everyone elses children I suppose.

You probably will get a retroactive bill when their computer catches up with you.

It's funny how slow their dumbasses can be sometimes.

I got a ticket from 2007's bill in the mail about 6 months ago. I fired it in guilty in 2007 right when I got it.

They shouldn't be able to just "hit" people with a bill that LATE and then tell my ass that I have "x-days" to pay the dumb fucking thing. Give me a fucking break, (or a slight fracture to the knee-cap with some blue balls.)

Makes me feel like you either live in an actual garbage can - thus the "steal" on garbage pick-up...............

I live in Alabama. The base sales tax rate is 9% and local governments can charge another 0.5 or 1%. Alabama gets most of it's revenue for that.
Last year, my taxes were almost $600. This year I qualify for a homestead exemption and the mill rate dropped a bit in my county, so I lucked out.
There is 1,600 square feet under roof plus another 500 ft/sq of deck that wraps around 3 sides with a gazebo off one corner. It sits on 3.5 acres.
The house sold for $210K in '06 and I bought it in a cash deal from Fannie Mae last February for less than half of that.

Where do you live?

I live in Alabama. The base sales tax rate is 9% and local governments can charge another 0.5 or 1%. Alabama gets most of it's revenue for that.
Last year, my taxes were almost $600. This year I qualify for a homestead exemption and the mill rate dropped a bit in my county, so I lucked out.
There is 1,600 square feet under roof plus another 500 ft/sq of deck that wraps around 3 sides with a gazebo off one corner. It sits on 3.5 acres.
The house sold for $210K in '06 and I bought it in a cash deal from Fannie Mae last February for less than half of that.

Where do you live?

I live in Latham, NY.

I sit on 1/3 of an Acre, and my house (inside) is 1, 800 sq. feet of living space upstairs, and I think roughly 800 down.

My taxes are $3200 a year on property.

You probably will get a retroactive bill when their computer catches up with you.

It's not like the guys on the truck keep records of who's trash they pick up.
I tipped them a fifty last Christmas, so I doubt if they'll go out of their way to turn me in.
If and when they bill me, I'll pay up without question.

Where do you live?

I live in Latham, NY.

I sit on 1/3 of an Acre, and my house (inside) is 1, 800 sq. feet of living space upstairs, and I think roughly 800 down.

Damn! The house I had in Shelton CT was assessed at $250K and was 2800 square feet and I paid 48 hundred. I know how you feel.
CT sales tax was 6% and food and children's clothing was exempt.
In Alabama, we pay sales tax on everything.

I tipped them a fifty last Christmas, so I doubt if they'll go out of their way to turn me in.

I dont care what your politics are.

You tipped the garbage dudes on xmas, you're an alright dude.

Direct all of your haters my way, so that I may relinquish their relevance in life.

Where do you live?

I live in Latham, NY.

Been through Latham a number of times. I used to hunt just south of Warrensberg.

I dont care what your politics are.

You tipped the garbage dudes on xmas, you're an alright dude.

Direct all of your haters my way, so that I may relinquish their relevance in life.

I only have one member with a bug up his butt about me, and he's to stupid to figure out his ban has been lifted, but thanks for the offer.

My deck the moment we finished the gazebo roof. That's my wife's ex standing on the roof:

Attachments

• $done_sm.JPG
    $done_sm.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I don't get it why people hate door to door salesmen, sometimes they really make my day.

I started with a $145 bill, and now I pay $75 a month and after the 2-year promotion is over, I'll make them War it out again.

Yesterday, I was steaming clams for the family outside and a guy approached me. He offered me garbage pick-up for $21 a month, and 2 free months. I was paying $31. Hopped right on it. I'll be glad to answer the old company when they knock on my door!~ :D

So YOU are the fucking one.

I have often wondered who the fucking zero-sales-resistance idiots were who are the fucking reason fucking door-to-door salesmen knock on my fucking door.

Now I fucking know.

Last edited:

So YOU are the fucking one.

I have often wondered who the fucking zero-sales-resistance idiots were who are the fucking reason fucking door-to-door salesmen knock on my fucking door.

Now I fucking know.

Why would I say no to saving money? That's nonsensical.

Home ownership is GREAT

It is if you're one of the people not drowning in lost equity due to the housing crash. I had to pass up a better job out west earlier this summer because I can't sell my house for what I owe on it. Sometimes I almost feel like I live in a very lavish prison.

Home ownership is GREAT

It is if you're one of the people not drowning in lost equity due to the housing crash. I had to pass up a better job out west earlier this summer because I can't sell my house for what I owe on it. Sometimes I almost feel like I live in a very lavish prison.

I'm not, and I'm gaining equity.

Did you do a cost/benefit ratio when comparing what you had owed, to what your income increase would have been?

Forum List

Back