Home-Grown Terror

That's right, genius. The country is at war. Not just one or two people. We're all at risk, not just the pres you hate. We live in a republic, not an anarchist state.

there was a declaration of war ! I must of missed that .. against what country ? did you mean the "war" on terror..that's not really a war..its like the war on drugs or the war on poverty? or do you mean the invasion and occupation of Iraq ?

there was a declaration of war ! I must of missed that .. against what country ? did you mean the "war" on terror..that's not really a war..its like the war on drugs or the war on poverty? or do you mean the invasion and occupation of Iraq ?

Semantics. The US is currently engaged in military hostilities in two foreign nations. Call it what you will.

I LMAO every time I hear Korea described as a "police action" and/or that the Vietnam War was not a "war." Go to the nearest VFW or US military base and tell 'em that. Your popularity will soar. :badgrin:

a war by any other name..words are important and they are chosen for very specific reasons to call it a war but not declare it a war is a propaganda and deception..very much like vietnam or Korea

a war by any other name..words are important and they are chosen for very specific reasons to call it a war but not declare it a war is a propaganda and deception..very much like vietnam or Korea

Wrong. Congress approved them all. Making them legal and authorized. That is all the Constitution requires.

Wrong. Congress approved them all. Making them legal and authorized. That is all the Constitution requires.

Wrong. Congress has the power to DECLARE WAR, not authorize the president to invade whenever he's good and ready.

An official War Declaration, declared by Congress. Not an authorization for the president to declare whatever the fuck he wants to declare.

Haven't you ever even wondered WHY we stopped doing official declarations? I mean, you never wondered why we create legislation to circumvent using a congressional declaration?

It puts the accountability into the executive branch, which has a maximum of 8 years for an administration. After the Bush admin is done, or past admins in other undeclated wars, the accountability is gone if there was ever anything uncovered that proved contempt for the constitution. The members who DID vote for the "authorization" can always claim they merely "made a bad decision".

With an official congressional declaration, the accountability is in the legislative branch, and the entire congress is accountable. It is a formal declaration, endorsed by congress.

But you don't understand that, nor do you care, because you simply agree with the war and would rather argue anything in it's favor and support, then to be unbiased and look at it in terms of legality and accountability.

Whether you support the war or not, you should still care about the constitutional legality of it.

If you are interested in this topic see book and video.

http://www.alternet.org/rights/68399/

"An interview with author Naomi Wolf, whose new book, "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot," may confirm your worries about democracy in America.

If you think we are living in scary times, your worst fears may be confirmed by reading Naomi Wolf's newest book, The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot. In it, Wolf proves the old axiom that history does repeat itself. Or more accurately, history occurs in patterns, and in order to understand where our country is today and where it is headed, we need to read the history books."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjALf12PAWc[/ame]

True, but the politicians choosing the words are playing the same game. Rather than for deception though, it provides a legal out since the judiciary is the world's absolute worst at playing literalist games with the law and definitions.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed there wasn't a coherant thought in her entire post.....

So I wasn't the only one who noticed there wasn't a coherant thought in her entire post.....

Is there ever? If it wasn't for her conveniently having a personal relationship with every single thing involving life itself, she wouldn't even have an opinion around here.

are rambling about youself again jilliain..you know i am a big fan..so dont take it the wrong way..but take the rest of day off and give the brain a rest..ok

No you misunderstood her. She was more or less getting your back. She was saying that she too noticed that Alliebaba's post didn't contain a coherent statement.

I agree with him. FOX trumping up these dopes as actual terrorists is nothing but fear mongering.

I agree that they play it up quite a bit (as well as every other media station), but what else would they be? Just law-abiding American citizens? Or law-abiding immigrants? Is it all a big sham? Terrorists really don't exist...and this is just a hollywooded production to make us think that terrorism exists? I guess the Spanish government is also playing this game on their citizens when they bombed their own rail system and killed hundreds (note sarcasm :rolleyes: )It's obvious they are deserving where they're at in some way or another. I'll agree that FOX usually plays things up the same as any other station, but these guys are not on trial for stealing bubble-gum from the local convenient store.

I agree that they play it up quite a bit (as well as every other media station), but what else would they be? Just law-abiding American citizens? Or law-abiding immigrants? Is it all a big sham? Terrorists really don't exist...and this is just a hollywooded production to make us think that terrorism exists? I guess the Spanish government is also playing this game on their citizens when they bombed their own rail system and killed hundreds (note sarcasm :rolleyes: )It's obvious they are deserving where they're at in some way or another. I'll agree that FOX usually plays things up the same as any other station, but these guys are not on trial for stealing bubble-gum from the local convenient store.

You've been reading American Hero? :D

You've been reading American Hero? :D

You stance on this is ignorant. Lets hope YOUR police are not as stupid as you seem to want them to be when it comes to terrorism.

" they plan to blow up buildings?" "But they only PLANNED it, they haven't actually gotten the explosives yet, just a prank ya know, just a silly College prank." " get back to me when the buildings go boom, then we will know who to arrest after all."

Forum List

Back