Home Depot Hires Illegals

Hey its the return of Auschwitz!

Tough shit, are you looking for a job at H.D.? What problem is it to you? I suppose next you'll be pissed that Whites aren't getting their fair share in the tomato fields.

Just another White guy who has it all and doesn't want anyone else to have a piece of the action.

BTW why did you turn tail and hide for many months? I'll suppose i'll get the no time explanation although about 15 minutes a day is quite sufficient here.

are they paying taxes? who's social security number did they steal to be able to? now the big question, are they here legally? no.

I have no problem with anyone hiring immigrant labor. Hiring illegals is a different matter. If Home Depot is knowingly hiring illegals, or if their hiring practices fail to take reasonable measures to assure a person's status, then Home Depot execs need to face criminal prosecution.

I just want to know if illegals(if they were in fact illegals, we know about the sites Willie draws his material from) were not in these menial positions, would native born Americans take them? I see alot of signs around lately saying help wanted then I hear alot of people bitch about no work available.

OCA said:
I just want to know if illegals(if they were in fact illegals, we know about the sites Willie draws his material from) were not in these menial positions, would native born Americans take them? I see alot of signs around lately saying help wanted then I hear alot of people bitch about no work available.
If the market were actually able to be 'free' then you'd see some of these companies paying appropriate salaries.

SmarterThanYou said:
If the market were actually able to be 'free' then you'd see some of these companies paying appropriate salaries.

Appropriate salaries.......so in your eyes a cashier at H.D. should be making what? 15/hr? If we are not in a free market what should a schlep be making flipping burgers at Mickey D's if we did have a free market?

Also you say we we are not in a free market which would indicate some sort of wage control or freezes,show something that indicates we are not in a free market because in my business nobody tells me what I can charge but rather the marketplace noses me towards a price. I mean I could charge any damn thing I want but i'm not guaranteed to get customers, isn't that the definition of a free market?

OCA said:
Appropriate salaries.......so in your eyes a cashier at H.D. should be making what? 15/hr? If we are not in a free market what should a schlep be making flipping burgers at Mickey D's if we did have a free market?

Also you say we we are not in a free market which would indicate some sort of wage control or freezes,show something that indicates we are not in a free market because in my business nobody tells me what I can charge but rather the marketplace noses me towards a price. I mean I could charge any damn thing I want but i'm not guaranteed to get customers, isn't that the definition of a free market?
the market figures that out. by not enforcing immigration laws, both against the illegals and the business' that hire them, we artificially deflate the job market. Thats how we end up with jobs 'americans' won't do. Now, IF the immigration laws were enforced we'd find the job market would stabilize against the wage market and they would settle somewhere in the middle. Some wages would go up( I don't think you'd see the $15/$20 an hour grocery store worker) and unemployment would go down. You'd also have to remove some of the unemployment protections, im sure that wouldn't bother republicans at all. If unemployment looked less promising than working a fast food counter, you'd see a line of applicants.

SmarterThanYou said:
the market figures that out. by not enforcing immigration laws, both against the illegals and the business' that hire them, we artificially deflate the job market. Thats how we end up with jobs 'americans' won't do. Now, IF the immigration laws were enforced we'd find the job market would stabilize against the wage market and they would settle somewhere in the middle. Some wages would go up( I don't think you'd see the $15/$20 an hour grocery store worker) and unemployment would go down. You'd also have to remove some of the unemployment protections, im sure that wouldn't bother republicans at all. If unemployment looked less promising than working a fast food counter, you'd see a line of applicants.

I was making $14.50 in the grocery store, after 1.5 years. Full medical benefits too. That was 7 years ago.

Kathianne said:
I was making $14.50 in the grocery store, after 1.5 years. Full medical benefits too. That was 7 years ago.
ok, maybe then you WOULD see that much, but why was the salary that high? I would guess it was because there was a demand? or a union?

SmarterThanYou said:
ok, maybe then you WOULD see that much, but why was the salary that high? I would guess it was because there was a demand? or a union?

Meat Cutter's Union. I guess the degree made them put me in the higher paying union. I worked behind the counter, trust me, no one would want me cutting meat! I would have sued for the loss of fingers!

Still the cashiers and baggers were in the $9-11 range after a year. Different union, but they still had paid Blue Cross/Blue Shield, same as us. Double time on Sunday, for first 6 hours, then triple time-both unions. Same with holidays.

Not a job I would 'enjoy' but it did provide insurance when I was substituting, which was a necessity. Thinking of going back this summer.

SmarterThanYou said:

Well how about the agricultural workers? Tomato pickers and such? You know I spent my formulative years through high school in the San Joaquin Valley, America's vegetable store and I guarantee you not one White boy is going to toil in the soil from sunup to sunset in 100 degree temperatures. Even if they were willing and able the wages would be the same as they are now, farmers and ranchers work on thin, I mean thin margins and they pay only what they can afford literally.

Agree with you though on unemployment, I say get rid of it altogether, make lazy bastards work or starve.

But really I don't think immigration legal and illegal has much to do with wages. Its what the marketplace can afford.

OCA said:
Well how about the agricultural workers? Tomato pickers and such? You know I spent my formulative years through high school in the San Joaquin Valley, America's vegetable store and I guarantee you not one White boy is going to toil in the soil from sunup to sunset in 100 degree temperatures. Even if they were willing and able the wages would be the same as they are now, farmers and ranchers work on thin, I mean thin margins and they pay only what they can afford literally.

Agree with you though on unemployment, I say get rid of it altogether, make lazy bastards work or starve.

But really I don't think immigration legal and illegal has much to do with wages. Its what the marketplace can afford.
farmers would have to raise their wages some, its how the system would balance out. Yes, they work on thin margins and the cost of some food would go up, but eventually it would all settle down to what the supply and demand needs of the market would be.

SmarterThanYou said:

You are totally right.

SmarterThanYou said:
farmers would have to raise their wages some, its how the system would balance out. Yes, they work on thin margins and the cost of some food would go up, but eventually it would all settle down to what the supply and demand needs of the market would be.

Listen to me, i'm telling you this from personal experience: farmers cannot and are not going to raise wages, they take out a loan to plant, sell their crop to pay off the loan and the cycle continues year after year, there is nowhere to go for them, it don't pay. At best they can subdivide their land for housing and make some money that way if we take away their laborers, either way us the consumer gets fucked not to mention the economies of some western states.

I say take the illegals already in country(those who have criminal records get deported no questions asked) and grant them immunity and get the citizenship process started quickly, in the meantime you seal up the borders however that may be and get tough on granting new citizenship. Its the only way it is going to happen, mass deportation is out of the question, you know it and I know it.

I had an uncle who was a farmer. I know how it can be. but their cycle is a result of subsidies and a non-free market. I'm not saying that all we have to do is fix one thing and it works. It's going to take correction in all areas, but amnesty is definitely not the answer. If you want to make the statement 'jobs americans don't want' false, you have to fix the entire system. Amnesty ONLY fixes the low wage system, it does not fix the rest of the market.

SmarterThanYou said:
I had an uncle who was a farmer. I know how it can be. but their cycle is a result of subsidies and a non-free market. I'm not saying that all we have to do is fix one thing and it works. It's going to take correction in all areas, but amnesty is definitely not the answer. If you want to make the statement 'jobs americans don't want' false, you have to fix the entire system. Amnesty ONLY fixes the low wage system, it does not fix the rest of the market.

Ok explain to me where the money and the manpower will come from for this deportation of illegals. Amnesty may not be the best answer but it is the only viable answer.

Forum List

Back