Home Depot Founder: Obama's Regulations Are Killing Businesses

I liked Home Depot when they first opened up. Knowledgeable, adult sales help who actually knew what they were talking about.

Now it's just a bunch of dumb-ass kids who don't know shit about what they're selling and run the other way when they see you coming.

I suspect they'll be going the way of Rickles and Pergament before long.

Making it impossible for small businesses to profit is what led to the explosion of economic powerhouses like Home Depot and Walmart.

Shut industry down, guess what? OUTSOURCING.

That's the way its always been,Monkey Wards or Woolworth didn't adapt,they are gone,just as countless other Giants of the industies that didn't.

we have 2 lOWES A HD and countless other small lumber hardware places,the savy ones reinvented themselves and are doing fine right along with the big guys,they learned that offering different services then the big box guys works just fine.

He's always been a rightwing hack.

Home Depot has been sliding down the toilet for a few years and it has nothing to do with Obama.

Actually I recently started going to Home Depot instead of Lowes because of customer service.

You must have a good one then.

The one near me is a real shithole.

Different management. I still occasionally go to the Lowes in PA. But refuse to shop in the one that's closest to me. I don't mind the extra 5 minutes to HD or 8 Minutes to PA.

Home Depot is the place to 'hire' cheap labor, so contractrors and slum lords as well as some homeowners don't have to pay into Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, UE Insursnce, etc etc.. Maybe the founder ought to police his own parking lot before he offers critiscism of anyone else.

If you're opposed to illegal immigrants you ought to boycott Home Depot.

Yeas, because we all know THAT will certainly end the illegal immigration problems in this country. :cuckoo:

Home Depot is the place to 'hire' cheap labor, so contractrors and slum lords as well as some homeowners don't have to pay into Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, UE Insursnce, etc etc.. Maybe the founder ought to police his own parking lot before he offers critiscism of anyone else.

Yeas, because we all know THAT will certainly end the illegal immigration problems in this country. :cuckoo:

Ooooooo! Good answer! :lol::lol::lol:

Home Depot doesn't have a whole lot of choice about "policing its parking lots" in many areas, because liberals have mangled the laws there so badly that trying to move along those illegals loitering around out there would just get HD sued for discrimination.

Hilarious, how about showing some proof of these "illegals" that are surrounding the poor defenseless Home Depot :lol:

:eusa_liar:

Have you always been an ignorant pissant, or did you take lessons especially for our entertainment? NOW you suddenly want to pretend that illegal day laborers don't loiter in Home Depot parking lots . . . for what purpose? Just to be contrary?

News article on Illegals arrested at Home Depot - Topix

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5TWJaC7ZMs]‪Home Depot / illegal laborers‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Day Laborer Battle Runs Outside Home Depot - New York Times

If you're planning to ask for proof that the sky is blue or water is wet next, you can go screw yourself. Dumbass.

Anyway what do you expect from a guy like Obama with his "work" history.

Instead of running a business and actually meeting a payroll and navigating the labyrinth of government regulation and red tape he spent his so called career teaching people how to get more shit from the government.

Best Post of the Dayum Day..

I'm outta rep but I'll remember...

While President Obama insists only a “balanced” approach to the debt crisis that includes higher taxes is acceptable, the founder of one of America’s most successful retail businesses claims the president doesn’t have a clue about the economy. Home Depot founder Bernie Marcus told Investors Business Daily in an interview yesterday the president hasn’t the faintest idea of how jobs are created, but businessmen are intimidated into silence about the administration’s faulty policies. According to Marcus:

They are frightened to death — frightened that they will have the IRS or SEC on them. In my 50 years in business, I have never seen executives of major companies who were more intimidated by an administration.

Home Depot Founder: Obama
Pffft. What does a business owner know about owning a business? Obama says everything's just fine, so everything's. Just. Fine.

Right, USMB lefties?

Home Depot doesn't have a whole lot of choice about "policing its parking lots" in many areas, because liberals have mangled the laws there so badly that trying to move along those illegals loitering around out there would just get HD sued for discrimination.

Hilarious, how about showing some proof of these "illegals" that are surrounding the poor defenseless Home Depot :lol:

:eusa_liar:

Have you always been an ignorant pissant, or did you take lessons especially for our entertainment? NOW you suddenly want to pretend that illegal day laborers don't loiter in Home Depot parking lots . . . for what purpose? Just to be contrary?

News article on Illegals arrested at Home Depot - Topix

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5TWJaC7ZMs]‪Home Depot / illegal laborers‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Day Laborer Battle Runs Outside Home Depot - New York Times

If you're planning to ask for proof that the sky is blue or water is wet next, you can go screw yourself. Dumbass.

Understanding that there are day laborers and illegals at some Home Depots and Lowes and probably other hardware stores here and there, does not mean that they are at all the stores or even the majority of them. Ir that the stores condone or support them. It's still the lack of enforcement by the government that is to blame.

You sound like a union thug. You would rather beat a scab worker over the head who was just trying to put food on his table than give up a nickle of your outrageous defined benefit pension.

While President Obama insists only a “balanced” approach to the debt crisis that includes higher taxes is acceptable, the founder of one of America’s most successful retail businesses claims the president doesn’t have a clue about the economy. Home Depot founder Bernie Marcus told Investors Business Daily in an interview yesterday the president hasn’t the faintest idea of how jobs are created, but businessmen are intimidated into silence about the administration’s faulty policies. According to Marcus:

They are frightened to death — frightened that they will have the IRS or SEC on them. In my 50 years in business, I have never seen executives of major companies who were more intimidated by an administration.

Well--like Mitt Romney stated--"You actually have to work in the private sector before you know how to create a private sector job.":lol:

That Obama is anti-business is not even debatable. Go into any small business and talk politics..........they hate this guy. I even talk to Pakastani shop owners near me who get it and call him a mofu. Funny as hell...........

There are no panacea's and sarcasm does nothing to improve debate or add solutions to common problems. Sarcasm is a sign of arrogance and ignorance, or as Thomas Carlyle one said, "Sarcasm I now see to be, in general, the language of the devil; for which reason I have long since as good as renounced it."

HD is a magnet for undocumemted workers, including native born US Citziens with warrants out for their arrest. For the founder of HD to offer criticism of others opens the door for he and his business to scrutiny.

Well--like Mitt Romney stated--"You actually have to work in the private sector before you know how to create a private sector job.":lol:

Or in Romney's case, how to terminate employees to create profit for the business and himself. Do your homework.

You sound like a union thug. You would rather beat a scab worker over the head who was just trying to put food on his table than give up a nickle of your outrageous defined benefit pension.

Kiss my ass, I was a member of the executive managment and had many a battle with business agents on working conditons. That said, I will never and have never crossed a picket line.

There are no panacea's and sarcasm does nothing to improve debate or add solutions to common problems. Sarcasm is a sign of arrogance and ignorance, or as Thomas Carlyle one said, "Sarcasm I now see to be, in general, the language of the devil; for which reason I have long since as good as renounced it."

HD is a magnet for undocumemted workers, including native born US Citziens with warrants out for their arrest. For the founder of HD to offer criticism of others opens the door for he and his business to scrutiny.

I have to laugh at anybody who lives in SanFransisco giving any advice to anyone on public policy issues. C'mon........the city is methodically kicking blacks out of homes in the city and you cant walk a city block without seeing a homeless person taking a dump behind a bush 8 feet from the curb. Public nudity is accepted and acts of lewdness can be seen on any street corner. Place is a toilet bowl........not to mention every k00k and his brother comes to to live from places all around the globe. A city where the hyper-eccentric thrive.

Last edited:

Kiss my ass, I was a member of the executive managment and had many a battle with business agents on working conditons. That said, I will never and have never crossed a picket line.

So you believe a lucky few connected people should have a job for life followed by a golden retirement while others starve?

Forum List

Back