Home at last!

Bootneck

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2008
England
Hi folks! First off, I want to thank all my friends here at USMB for the thoughts and prayers you sent to us whilst we were away. Especially EZ who made sure my mail box was rarely empty. You may consider these to be small things, but let me assure you that when you are far from home in a hostile environment, knowing that we are thought of and supported by the people back home is one hell of a moral booster. Bless you all.

Before I left, EZ and I started a thread, 'Let's never forget our wounded and fallen'. Please read it and think of those less fortunate than me, who return maimed for life, or don't return at all. And think of those who bear the wounds you'll never see. The wounds that can be even more soul destroying than physical injuries. And next time you meet a veteran, shake him by the hand and thank him.

I dedicate this song to all who made the ultimate sacrifice, particularly two brave brothers whom I shall never forget.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvyi0PQRu8Q&feature=related[/ame]

"Greater love has no man than this, to lay down one's life for his friends."

Glad your back.

Glad your sober.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Men like you are the giants of our nations. We're blessed to have you guys watching out for us.

Hi folks! First off, I want to thank all my friends here at USMB for the thoughts and prayers you sent to us whilst we were away. Especially EZ who made sure my mail box was rarely empty. You may consider these to be small things, but let me assure you that when you are far from home in a hostile environment, knowing that we are thought of and supported by the people back home is one hell of a moral booster. Bless you all.

Before I left, EZ and I started a thread, 'Let's never forget our wounded and fallen'. Please read it and think of those less fortunate than me, who return maimed for life, or don't return at all. And think of those who bear the wounds you'll never see. The wounds that can be even more soul destroying than physical injuries. And next time you meet a veteran, shake him by the hand and thank him.

I dedicate this song to all who made the ultimate sacrifice, particularly two brave brothers whom I shall never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvyi0PQRu8Q&feature=related

Welcome home Bootneck! I make it a point to think of our soldiers every day and when one comes into my gallery, often with artificial limbs and walking aids, I fight the tears as I tell them "thank you" and even though discounts are not allowed, I always give them a 10% one if they purchase something.

Thanks for the good post. You are a changed man and in the most positive way. You are filled with gratitude for even the smallest of things. May you be well in every way and enjoy a long life and great bounty.

In kindness,

Aqua*

I was just thinking about you this morning on the way home from Church wondering when you were due back.

Glad you're home and safe.

Thank you for your service.

Immie

Welcome home, thank you for your service and lets all remember to fully fund all of the support structure for these returning heros for LIFE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvyi0PQRu8Q&feature=related

I don't know you, but know Of you......and as a fellow leatherneck even if separated by a national boundary, in the grand scheme of things, we are one;

But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile....

Same here, I don't know you...but it would be hard to become a member here without knowing of you.
Welcome back...I sincerely hope your return and adjustment to civilian life finds you in good shape

Thank God, you are finally home safe! (releases breath)

Welcome home Bootneck! Your initial post, has made me tear up, and count my own blessings including that there are fine men and women like you, and the many others.

My prayers for those that have lost a part of themselves, both internally and/or externally.

:beer:

(Now we need CW to return home as well!)

Thank God, you are finally home safe! (releases breath)

Welcome home Bootneck! Your initial post, has made me tear up, and count my own blessings including that there are fine men and women like you, and the many others.

My prayers for those that have lost a part of themselves, both internally and/or externally.

:beer:

(Now we need CW to return home as well!)

Good point! We must not forget our other hero from the forum, who is still out.

Forum List

Back