HOLY TOLEDO! New poll has Trump at 32% WhoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by tinydancer, Aug 10, 2015.

1. jasonnfree

jasonnfree Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,846
    USA's involvement in the middle east has been altruistic then? Explain that one and I'll stop considering you the apprentice, not the boss.

2. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    Back up... We haven't "established" anything. The motive of every poster is to sway opinion, whether that is ever accomplished here or not. Are you posting just to see yourself post? No, you want to change my mind. Whether you change my mind or not, it doesn't change your motive.

Okay... so now, let's swap places for a second... Let's imagine the following scenario: Hillary goes to jail, Bernie has a heart attack and Joe goes (more) cray-cray, so the Dems have to run find a new formidable candidate to face Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee... They decide Rosie O'Donnell is that person! Well, some of them do anyway... others are still split, some want to still nominate crazy Joe.. but Rosie is rising in the polls and looks invincible. As a person who doesn't want the Democrats to win, I am going to save all my comments about Rosie until she is the nominee. The last thing I would want the Democrats to do is come to their senses and nominate someone who can actually win the general. If I say anything at all, it will be to tear down the opposition of Rosie... so that she will win and then ultimately lose.

There is no twisted logic here, it's basic common sense. Why would I want to change anyone's mind on Rosie before she won the nomination? If I was sure that she would lose the general election, then she is precisely who I hope they nominate. The ONLY reason I might have for not being the biggest Rosie fan in the world would be if I was afraid others might be scared away from her because of my support. I would have to be very careful not to become too much of a Rosie cheerleader.

3. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,446
    If you think your posting on this message board is going to have any real impact on any presidential primary, you have an incredibly over-inflated opinion of yourself. :lol: If you think most people posting here think of a potential effect on primaries, I think you are very wrong about the motivations/beliefs of posters here.

This is only common sense if you actually think you might change enough opinions by posting on US Message Board to change the outcome of a presidential primary. As I already said, I find it unlikely that there are many posters here who believe that is a possibility with their posts.

As far as establishing things, I asked if you thought a few posters on this board would influence the outcome of the Republican presidential primary. You said no. That certainly seemed to establish your opinion on the matter.

4. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    I don't understand what you mean by altruistic involvement. We are involved in the middle east because there are US interests in the middle east and we have allies there who we've promised to support. Furthermore, it is the home-place of an enemy who formally declared war on us 20 years ago. We're not leaving, we're not going away, and we can't do so because of our interests there and our alliances with allies. It doesn't matter anyway, our presence there is not the problem... it's our existence. You are buying into a lie told to us by our enemy... that it's about our presence there. Wake the fuck up... it's NOT.

Radical Islamic terrorism is not going to ever stop because we ignore it or pretend it doesn't exist. That strategy fails miserably, as we are now seeing with the emergence of ISIS in the wake of our new "indifferent" policy. The movement will continue to grow, continue to foment hate and promote death to America. We will continue to see more and more violent acts and heinous atrocities on humanity perpetrated by this enemy. This isn't a video game we can turn off when we don't like how things are going. This isn't a reality TV program where we can change the channel if it becomes to much to watch. It's not even a failed liberal social program we can point to republicans and blame the failure on. These people have been at war with us for 20 years... seems like you would have gotten the message on 9/11/01... but apparently, you are really stupid.

5. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    I never said anyone posts thinking it's going to have real impact. I said it is the motive behind every post to change someones opinion. Each time you hit the reply button, you are about to try and change someone's mind.. it doesn't matter how successful you are or think you will be. That doesn't change your motive.

6. jasonnfree

jasonnfree Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,846
    "Our interests" are the oil companies operating there for profit. They sure aren't worried about you and you shouldn't worry about them either They won't give you a discount at the gas pump for shilling for them I'm here to tell you. You could be a real sucker and join the millitary to fight their battles, almost die for the effort, and you still wouldn't get a bonus from exxon or a discount at the gas pump. These oil companies use the U.S. military to protect their interest there (which are not your interests as you've been led to believe). How would you like it if Red China came to this country of ours to mine for minerals or whatever, and interfered in our political affairs, including establishing some military bases here and stir up wars between us and Canada. You might be a little irritated to, like the Arabs are. You neocons didn't stay out of other countries' affairs like George Washington and I advised, so the chickens are now coming home to roost. Only an apprentice you are, not even a journeyman, much less a boss.

7. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,446
    *sigh*

OK, if a person doesn't expect their posts to have a real impact on presidential primaries, why would they avoid bashing Trump if they don't like him or think he's foolish? Your rationale was that they wouldn't try to upset his candidacy if they really think he's so silly and unelectable, but if a person doesn't think their posts will have any real impact on whether or not he's elected, why worry about that? It's a complete contradiction. Either a poster believes what they say on this message board can have a real impact on the primaries or national election, and therefore if they want Trump to be the Republican candidate they should support him or at least not try to break him down, or a poster doesn't believe what they say on this message board can have a real impact, so why not bash the man if you dislike him or find him ridiculous? You seem to want it to work both ways.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,446
    As I recall, nearly everyone in congress voted to approve the invasion of Iraq. Are you saying that nearly the entirety of congress is made up of neocons? I ask this honestly because I don't know how you are defining the term.

9. idb

idb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,407
    You disagree that Trump is spanking Fox and the GOP?

10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,111
    Spanking?LOL.

I think he's an irritant, that's all. He's deflecting from serious, considered discussion and going for the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately, people with the lowest common denominator brains are taking this guy seriously.

The sensible thing would be for the GOP candidates and Fox to just ignore him completely. He's an attention getter, and without the attention, he will give up. He is not a serious presidential contender: I think even he knows that despite the fact so many conservative voters seem to think he is. He is making fools out of such people.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1