HOLY TOLEDO! New poll has Trump at 32% WhoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!

OMG this has to be the wildest primary season. RINO'S are running for Extra Strength Immodium AD as I post this thread.

Kick it up notches unknown! Go Donny! Go Donny!

:lmao:

First big post-debate poll shows Donald Trump GAINED 7 points and sits at 32 Daily Mail Online

First major post-debate poll shows Trump GAINED 7 points from the previous week and has backing of 32 per cent of Republicans and GOP-leaning independents
  • Stunning result after Trump attracted criticism over debate performance on Thursday
  • Trump has 32 per cent nationally among registered Republicans and independents who say they lean to the right
  • No one is anywhere near The Donald, with Jeb Bush in second place at just 11 per cent
  • Poll supervised by former Washington Post journalist and shows no one else in double digits

A couple of years ago I read a book by Chris Hedges. In it, at one point he made a declarative statement which said that humans were essentially irrational beings. It really jumped out at me, in part, because over the years I had plenty of experiences with people doing things that seemed completely irrational to me.

Recently, the Greek people took to the streets to celebrate the defeat of a compromise that would have prevented Greece from going over a financial cliff. How nuts are people collectively when they're celebrating the defeat of something that would have essentially saved them from ruination?

But it's not as if this is an isolated incident. Whether it's individuals or groups, people have a tendency to view the world irrationally.

So here we are: Donald Trump is turning the early stages of the GOP nomination process into a mockery of anything serious by making it look like a circus sideshow. He vilifies everyone and behaves like a petulant and truculent child, and conservatives are singing his praises.

In and of itself, this spectacle may very well convince a lot of voters that conservatives are not fit to govern, and conservatives will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Last edited:
In it, at one point he made a declarative statement which said that humans were essentially irrational beings.

You needed a book to tell you that? But really, even the book didn't get it quite right. People are stupid. Being irrational is just a side effect.

Biden creeps people out like that wide-eyed, Sandusky smiled neighbor down the street who always seems eager to put his paws on your pre-teen daughters.

When your kids go out selling girl scout cookies or trick-or-treating door-to-door you always remind them to skip that house.

Uncalled for and inane.......Be a critic of Biden's policies, but these baseless accusations of a decent guy makes you look real petty.

Megyn Kelly is not even qualified to make any comment on Donald Trump. She is way over her head on this.

After high school, she pursued an undergraduate degree in political science at Syracuse University, and earned a J.D. from Albany Law School in 1995.

And where did you study law and political Science?

You libs really don't get it. I really should call you progressives because a classical liberal would understand what we are all jaked about.

Win or lose is not the point. The Donald is shaking the RNC up. The Donald isn't taking any shit from the establishment. Nor the media.

Long overdue that someone shook the political pillars of heaven and hell and Trump is pulling it off.

Damn you progressives are lamo. Abbie and Jerry would be ashamed of you.

Look who you have running your party. Pfffffffffffffft. Old white people who are just as locked in as the RINO'S.

You should be looking for a mover and a shaker on your side of the aisle too.

We're in the 7th year of a presidency that the RWnuts like you thought was impossible,

because of your delusions about the US being a center/right country.
all polls/studies show its a right center country. Not only that your own logic dismisses your premise. Recently we took over the house/congress. GWB just had 8 years.

Recently we took over the house/congress. GWB just had 8 years.

I know that you're smart and unbiased enough to also admit this:

1. Presidential election cycles bring on much different results than mid-term ones.....and,
2, Give the less than stellar performance of a GOP congress results may surprise you in 2016 (how many senate seats does the RNC have to defend?)

In and of itself, this spectacle may very well convince a lot of voters that conservatives are not fit to govern, and conservatives will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Seeing how MOST of the voters ARE Conservative, I don't see it convincing them they aren't fit to govern.... I DO see it telling liberals they can't govern because they lost their elections and have to go home... they won't be convinced they aren't fit to govern.

the math is simple. In the US there are more takers than givers, so of course the dems won the last two elections. Promise this, promise that. No responsibility= votes from the dead beats. Of course there are dead beats on the Conservative side; but not as many.

Democrats better get ready! Thats not the only poll!
2B406E8900000578-3192762-CRUSHING_IT_The_real_estate_billionaire_picked_up_7_points_after-m-1_1439234581590.jpg
In talking with friends,Trump crossed the aisle and has the support of some Democrats! They plan on voting for him.

Please help me understand this:

All of you who are cheering for Trump (including me, BTW) are stating that he is "giving it" to RINOs.......

However, Trump is FOR single payer HC; FOR a woman's right to choose (pro-choice) and Trump is FOR curbing excesses of the 2nd amendment.

So, who really is the RINO??
We have to remember that the president does not make those changes, Congress does. Unless your name is Barack.

In it, at one point he made a declarative statement which said that humans were essentially irrational beings.

You needed a book to tell you that? But really, even the book didn't get it quite right. People are stupid. Being irrational is just a side effect.

The point that was striking was that Hedges was not writing about the fact that SOME people are irrational which everyone knows. He was talking about people in general which he essentially implied was true of ALL people, at least at one time or another.

Let's use the modern day example. Climate change is a good place to start. Regardless of how climate change ultimately plays out, it's an undeniable fact that greenhouse gas levels have been rising since the industrial age and can scientifically attributed to human activity which is burning more fossil fuel at the very same time that we're collectively mowing down more forests even as industrialization is picking up and the world population is soaring which translates to more people engaging in the very activities which is raising CO2 levels. Yet the deniers won't have any of it in much the same way that the Catholic church would not pay heed to the heliocentric theory of the solar system. Same shit, different century.

He's going to continue to surge as long as he keeps hitting on the issues such as illegals. I have to give him credit on that stance

we all know the problems but trump does not have real solutions that can pass congress or the courts.

Create jobs? He keeps firing those who work for him.

No increase in national income not money to pay for shipping imigrant in or out. No money to create higher paying jobs that people can actually live on. He does not budget money, he throws money at problems and makes them shinier and more austentatious and gaudy

PR is not a solution. He knows PR, not actually working and solving social and government problems. He can't out bluster Putin and ayatollah to bring them to heal.

He is a show man, not a politician
He has created more jobs than any other business man, except say Bill Gates.
Of course he budgets money in his businesses, and he doing fine in personal wealth.
What I like most is his ability to deal for the US if he gets elected.

Seeing how MOST of the voters ARE Conservative, I don't see it convincing them they aren't fit to govern.... I DO see it telling liberals they can't govern because they lost their elections and have to go home... they won't be convinced they aren't fit to govern.

No, most voters aren't conservatives. Most voters are moderates and liberals.

mabtswnh2kqp0bmq4g9tqa.png

We've been through this. You literally hallucinate conservatives that don't exist, and ignore anyone who self identifies as a moderate or a liberal as 'actually' being a conservative.

That's not how reality works.

Last edited:

No, most voters aren't conservatives. Most voters are moderates and liberals. We've been through this. You literally hallucinate conservatives that don't exist, and ignore anyone who self identifies as a moderate or a liberal as 'actually' being a conservative.

That's not how reality works.

41% of this country are moderates like me ;)

Conservatives are only around 30%!

Yet, they think they own this country and want to cut the shit out of our funding for infrastructure, science institutions and education. What a bunch of morooons!

Who ever that wins the primary is going to have to answer to us moderates.

Moderates and liberals make up about 57% of the electorate. Conservatives 38%.

You don't have to be a math major to realize that 38% isn't 'most Americans'. In terms of size though, conservatives are the largest, moderates are second, liberals are third. Though liberals are gaining ground.

OMG this has to be the wildest primary season. RINO'S are running for Extra Strength Immodium AD as I post this thread.

Kick it up notches unknown! Go Donny! Go Donny!

:lmao:

First big post-debate poll shows Donald Trump GAINED 7 points and sits at 32 Daily Mail Online

First major post-debate poll shows Trump GAINED 7 points from the previous week and has backing of 32 per cent of Republicans and GOP-leaning independents
  • Stunning result after Trump attracted criticism over debate performance on Thursday
  • Trump has 32 per cent nationally among registered Republicans and independents who say they lean to the right
  • No one is anywhere near The Donald, with Jeb Bush in second place at just 11 per cent
  • Poll supervised by former Washington Post journalist and shows no one else in double digits
This is FANTASTIC news!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The point that was striking was that Hedges was not writing about the fact that SOME people are irrational which everyone knows. He was talking about people in general which he essentially implied was true of ALL people, at least at one time or another.

The Tommy Lee Jones explanation. Individuals are smart. People are dumb and irrational. Supposedly, in groups, pretty much all people revert to their basic herd instincts. Personally, I would counter argue that in reality, it really is that some people are stupid and irrational, but also that since they are the majority, they control. Meanwhile, more reasonable minds will get drowned out and go unnoticed against the backdrop, creating the illusion of uniform irrationality. There's also the phenomenon of the dissenting follower; just because someone goes along with what the majority are doing doesn't mean that they subscribe to the irrationality of the crowd, instead there may be many people who pragmatically conclude that inclusion in an irrational majority may be more advantageous, or less risky, than taking an alternate and more rational road in isolation.

In any event, I think that this is only tangentially related to the Trump phenomenon. In another thread I recently described Trump as a flash-in-the-pan, and went on to describe that class of people as being leaders amongst lower intellectual classes. Trump appeals directly to people's most base yearnings. Much like a person might crave a candy bar, or a 15 year old boy might crave a hand job, Trump taps into a hunger that can be very powerful amongst a wide array of people at first, but that is ultimately shallow and tends to expire relatively quickly when indulged. A candy bar will not cure a starving man, and a hand job will not satisfy the human need of companionship. With time, the field of people who continue to be enamored with such a figure will necessarily narrow.

Forum List

Back