Holy shit these people are some sick bastards

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Parents: Dying Girl Kathleen Edward Taunted By Neighbors In Trenton

TRENTON, Mich. - Her family says 7-year-old Kathleen Edward is in the final stages of a degenerative brain disorder diagnosed as Huntington's Disease - the same disease which killed her mother, Laura, when she was only 24.

Neighbors Jennifer and Scott Petkov, who have been feuding with the family, admitted to posting grim depictions of Laura and Kathleen on Facebook. One photo depicts Laura in the arms of the grim reaper, while the other features Kathleen's face above a set of crossbones.

The couple also have a coffin hitched to a pick-up truck in front of the house, which they say is nothing more than a halloween decoration.

Good thing they don't live on my street.

TRENTON, Mich. - Her family says 7-year-old Kathleen Edward is in the final stages of a degenerative brain disorder diagnosed as Huntington's Disease - the same disease which killed her mother, Laura, when she was only 24.

Neighbors Jennifer and Scott Petkov, who have been feuding with the family, admitted to posting grim depictions of Laura and Kathleen on Facebook. One photo depicts Laura in the arms of the grim reaper, while the other features Kathleen's face above a set of crossbones.

The couple also have a coffin hitched to a pick-up truck in front of the house, which they say is nothing more than a halloween decoration.

Good thing they don't live on my street.

Wow. Huntington's killing a 7 year old?

It shows you the regressive nature of the disease and how it strikes earlier each generation.

Very sad and very sick of these people.

Dealing with someone with Huntington's Dementia is not pleasant.

What could have prompted people to do such a thing?

A member of Kathleen's family says the bad blood started about two-years ago after the two families had a falling out over a birthday party at the Rose house. At the party kids were using a "bounce-house" and playing games in the front yard. The source says that Jennifer Petkov texted someone in the Rose family, asking if her kids could come to the event. A response to the text did not come quickly enough and it angered Jennifer. According to the Rose family, she's been harassing them ever since.

Wow. Some people are huge douchers.

A member of Kathleen's family says the bad blood started about two-years ago after the two families had a falling out over a birthday party at the Rose house. At the party kids were using a "bounce-house" and playing games in the front yard. The source says that Jennifer Petkov texted someone in the Rose family, asking if her kids could come to the event. A response to the text did not come quickly enough and it angered Jennifer. According to the Rose family, she's been harassing them ever since.

All I know if it were my daughter, and these were the neighbors, I might wind up in jail on an assault charge.

Already a thread.

Apologies then.

I don't really get why people get so worked up about duplicate threads. Especially if it's an obscure event that isn't at the top of "active topics". I mean, I suppose we could all do a search before we post, but what is the fun in that?

At any rate, here is the original:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...hey-do-not-know-to-die-and-brag-about-it.html

Actually, that looks like a Dante spin off thread. The original seems to have been banished by the mods.

So I did everyone a favor and brought it back it seems! Go me! Yay!

All I know if it were my daughter, and these were the neighbors, I might wind up in jail on an assault charge.

My first patient on my first internal medicine rotation had Huntington's. It was actually, medically, a very interesting case.

The family brought her in because she was completely demented and she had a history of alcoholism so we just assumed that was the root of the dementia. So we replaced her thiamine and she only corrected slightly. None of us could figure it out, until neurology came and saw her and made her get out of bed and the neurologist pointed out her "chorioform movements" to me that are virtually diagnostic of the disease.

We had all missed it, despite all of our workups and daily physical exams, none of us had made her get out of bed and observe her gait. It was a good learning point and also interesting. Kind of like an episode of "House".

At any rate, it was very sad. The disease is autosomal dominant, virtually non-treatable, certainly not curable, and completely degenerative. Her children have a 50% chance of having it. When we broke the news to them, it was pretty tough. You are kind of used to dealing with bad news that only affects the patient, but this is the first time I had to deal with bad news that directly affected the family too.

I have obviously not forgotten it, and I doubt I ever will.

My first patient on my first internal medicine rotation had Huntington's. It was actually, medically, a very interesting case.

The family brought her in because she was completely demented and she had a history of alcoholism so we just assumed that was the root of the dementia. So we replaced her thiamine and she only corrected slightly. None of us could figure it out, until neurology came and saw her and made her get out of bed and the neurologist pointed out her "chorioform movements" to me that are virtually diagnostic of the disease.

We had all missed it, despite all of our workups and daily physical exams, none of us had made her get out of bed and observe her gait. It was a good learning point and also interesting. Kind of like an episode of "House".

At any rate, it was very sad. The disease is autosomal dominant, virtually non-treatable, certainly not curable, and completely degenerative. Her children have a 50% chance of having it. When we broke the news to them, it was pretty tough. You are kind of used to dealing with bad news that only affects the patient, but this is the first time I had to deal with bad news that directly affected the family too.

Yeah, that sounds like tough news to break. Not only is your relative going to die in such a manner, but God is rolling the dice with you as well.

Apologies then.

I don't really get why people get so worked up about duplicate threads. Especially if it's an obscure event that isn't at the top of "active topics". I mean, I suppose we could all do a search before we post, but what is the fun in that?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...hey-do-not-know-to-die-and-brag-about-it.html

Actually, that looks like a Dante spin off thread. The original seems to have been banished by the mods.

Excellent, I am glad you did.

The disease is a "triplet repeat" disorder and works by a CAG expansion on one of the chromosomes. With each generation there are more repeats and the disease becomes more severe and manifests itself earlier each generation which is why her mother died at 24 and she is dying at 7.

The disease is a "triplet repeat" disorder and works by a CAG expansion on one of the chromosomes. With each generation there are more repeats and the disease becomes more severe and manifests itself earlier each generation which is why her mother died at 24 and she is dying at 7.

I get the premise from the context, but CAG expansion? What's that?

Yeah, that sounds like tough news to break. Not only is your relative going to die in such a manner, but God is rolling the dice with you as well.

And the odds aren't very good. And if you come up snake eyes, not only are you going to certainly die, but it's not going to be a pleasant ordeal.

Dementia scares the hell out of me. I hope I just stroke out and go when it's my time to go.

Nucleotide base codes in DNA. A triplet codes for an amino acid that makes up a protein. A person with huntingtons has 36 (if I remember correctly) CAG sequences (CAGCAGCAG etc.) that causes the symptoms that manifest themselves as Huntington's.

It's one of those things you learn about in pathology and don't think you'll ever see as it's relatively rare.

Another good learning point.

And the odds aren't very good. And if you come up snake eyes, not only are you going to certainly die, but it's not going to be a pleasant ordeal.

Dementia scares the hell out of me. I hope I just stroke out and go when it's my time to go.

I'm hoping for a mild case of senility combined with elephantiasis of the penis. That way I can go out to get the mail naked, and look around confused when people scream.

Nucleotide base codes in DNA. A triplet codes for an amino acid that makes up a protein. A person with huntingtons has 36 (if I remember correctly) CAG sequences (CAGCAGCAG etc.) that causes the symptoms that manifest themselves as Huntington's.

It's one of those things you learn about in pathology and don't think you'll ever see as it's relatively rare.

Gotcha.

I'm hoping for a mild case of senility combined with elephantiasis of the penis. That way I can go out to get the mail naked, and look around confused when people scream.

Well there is that........

I would hope that if I were demented, I were pleasantly demented and in a happy place, but what if you are locked in a state of fear or terror?

It would be like Hell. I wonder if we have really done mankind a favor by prolonging life past a point where it should be prolonged.

At any rate, make sure your loved ones know your wishes or someone will decide for you and it might not be a good thing.

Gotcha.

Of course, since it is progressive, these bastards next door might have the same disease and not even know it yet.

Probably not, and as bad as they are I don't wish that on them, but either way you can lay money on the fact that they will one day be sick and at the end of their life and scared at what the end will bring.

These people should be shunned from society. Sadly, their own children will never be invited to any birthday party again. Despicable.

Forum List

Back