Holy Shit is this a classic!!!!

I loved Gilligan's Island, but even as a kid had some serious questions. Like, why did Ginger and the Howells bring about 47 suitcases for a three hour tour? Why were all the clothes clean, pressed and without wear and tear?

But mostly, why didn't they ever kick the shit out of that rescue wrecking Gilligan?

I loved Gilligan's Island, but even as a kid had some serious questions. Like, why did Ginger and the Howells bring about 47 suitcases for a three hour tour? Why were all the clothes clean, pressed and without wear and tear?

But mostly, why didn't they ever kick the shit out of that rescue wrecking Gilligan?

Hell,if you were determined you could swim back to civilization after a three hour tour!

Hell,if you were determined you could swim back to civilization after a three hour tour!

Not me. I'm not a strong swimmer. I'm more of a floaty kind of gal.
But I bet I could have made a lil yacht out of coconuts and coconuted my way the hell out of there.

Not me. I'm not a strong swimmer. I'm more of a floaty kind of gal.
But I bet I could have made a lil yacht out of coconuts and coconuted my way the hell out of there.

At the very least you could have made a radio from those coconuts.

And the movie star taking sequin dresses on a 5 hour tour....bothered me too.

hour tour!!!!
And the movie star taking sequin dresses on a 5 hour tour....bothered me too.

Thats a three hour tour!!!
Even more ridiculous!!!

The original series was as insulting as a minstrel show in blackface but the targets were White so it didn't matter. Mid 20th century and a rural White family was so profoundly ignorant that they never saw a freaking swimming pool? Don't get me started on Hee Haw.

I find it sort of weird watching old tv shows and especially movies in which all, if not most, the actors are dead. Kind of like experiencing time travel. One of my favorite movies is Being There and that sure takes me back to life in 1979, 3 years out of college.

Beverly Hillbillies had some noted actors. Fun watching an old movie on YouTube from the 30's, 40's and 50's and coming across Buddy Ebsen, Irene Ryan and Raymond Bailey. Mostly remember Bailey from the movies playing roles without wearing the wig.

Forum List

Back