Holy Shit! I was wrong!!

As it's such a rare occurrence ( :lol::lol::lol:) for people to admit when they are wrong, I thought I'd start a thread to announce it.

What I was wrong about: My view has, for years, been that the libertarians are right about businesses being able to discriminate. My view has been that most Americans are decent, honorable people who would not tolerate doing business with racists. During the recent forum discussion, that was my stance. Well, I had a conversation with a poster on here - since PMs are confidential - I won't go into it or name the poster who that conversation was with. However, having spent a few hours contemplating that discussion I now see that the risks are too great. I have absolutely no desire to see this nation go back to a time that, while I didn't live through it myself, I have no wish to see us return to. Racism is just too important to make assumptions about how Americans would handle such a step.

So, I started this thread to say thank you to that poster for having the courage to challenge my views with intelligence and consideration.

And to my fellow Americans - I wish to hell you would get past seeing the color of someone's skin and just see the person they are.... good or bad.

(I also started it because some moron male poster here said that women never admit when we're wrong. Well, this woman does. She does not see it as weakness - quite the opposite.)

I shall now resume my usual, somewhat caustic, posting style.

Thank you.

I absolutely love it when I am wrong. It makes me feel grounded and good. :lol:

I love it when others are wrong too..... LOL JK

As it's such a rare occurrence ( :lol::lol::lol:) for people to admit when they are wrong, I thought I'd start a thread to announce it.

What I was wrong about: My view has, for years, been that the libertarians are right about businesses being able to discriminate. My view has been that most Americans are decent, honorable people who would not tolerate doing business with racists. During the recent forum discussion, that was my stance. Well, I had a conversation with a poster on here - since PMs are confidential - I won't go into it or name the poster who that conversation was with. However, having spent a few hours contemplating that discussion I now see that the risks are too great. I have absolutely no desire to see this nation go back to a time that, while I didn't live through it myself, I have no wish to see us return to. Racism is just too important to make assumptions about how Americans would handle such a step.

So, I started this thread to say thank you to that poster for having the courage to challenge my views with intelligence and consideration.

And to my fellow Americans - I wish to hell you would get past seeing the color of someone's skin and just see the person they are.... good or bad.

(I also started it because some moron male poster here said that women never admit when we're wrong. Well, this woman does. She does not see it as weakness - quite the opposite.)

Thank you.

What I love more is ADMITTING that I am wrong.

If you are wrong and you don't admit it, you have left a whole bunch of ammo on the table for your opposition to use against you.

When you are wrong and you admit it, you just blew up all that ammo.

Thank you.

What I love more is ADMITTING that I am wrong.

If you are wrong and you don't admit it, you have left a whole bunch of ammo on the table for your opposition to use against you.

When you are wrong and you admit it, you just blew up all that ammo.

Well I took admitting it as a given. It feels good to say it. Aso if you have wronged another, it is good to say it and then ask for forgiveness.......Closure, with each a better person for it all..

Apparently, starting a thread to admit you are wrong about something is 'crowing'... at least according to Ravi.

Since she was actually part of the conversation where a poster claimed that no woman ever admits she is wrong, I figure Ravi didn't get the joke. Evidence therefore suggests that Ravi is more interested in point scoring than anything else.

Holy Shit! An attention whore:

fat-wonder-woman-attention-whore.jpg

In point of fact, there are many people in our society who are racist as hell and who WANT to be able to discriminate on the basis of race. They don't think that "the free market" is going to refuse to do business with a business that discriminates; in fact, they are pretty sure it wouldn't affect such an outfit's business at all.

They just want to be free to discriminate. They are, well, racists.

And more than a few of them post right here on this Board.

Forum List

Back