Holy Land amusement park???

I still say Japan leads the world in having the most bizarre tastes/culture ever.
And they don't have to even touch religion to get their bizarreness.

"We were given tremendous promotion by the fact that there were a few voices that didn't want to see us open the facility," Rosenthal said. "Consequently, the media got wind of that and I wound up being on most of the networks. Good Morning America, Good Night America, Good Afternoon America, The O'Reilly Factor. I had people coming from Russia, from Israel, from South America, from Europe. Out of that event we received what had to be many millions of dollars worth of publicity."

When will people learn that controversy sells, and that if you want something to go away, loudly proclaiming it to be the scum of the Earth will only generate free publicity?

Last edited:
I still say Japan leads the world in having the most bizarre tastes/culture ever.
And they don't have to even touch religion to get their bizarreness.

"We were given tremendous promotion by the fact that there were a few voices that didn't want to see us open the facility," Rosenthal said. "Consequently, the media got wind of that and I wound up being on most of the networks. Good Morning America, Good Night America, Good Afternoon America, The O'Reilly Factor. I had people coming from Russia, from Israel, from South America, from Europe. Out of that event we received what had to be many millions of dollars worth of publicity."

When will people learn that controversy sells, and that if you want something to go away, loudly proclaiming it to be the scum of the Earth will only generate free publicity?

I'm not saying the park should go away. If people want to waste their money and scare their kids with such over-the-top crap, that is their right. PT Barnum was 100% correct.

Is it really any wierder than the "Magic Kingdom" known as DisneyLand?

How so?

Did you see the picture of the bloody Jesus walking around the park?

The Bible isn't exactly kid friendly (then again neither is Shakespeare but a Shakespeare park would also be bizarre).

Christian theme park a holy land experience - USATODAY.com

I don't care how religious you are, this is bizarre.

Truth is strange than fiction!

"Audience members are encouraged to participate. Jesus walked among them with a wireless microphone, calling children and picking one up."

When I was about 9 I saw my first crucifixion statue in the Basilica of Notre Dame in Montreal. I was terrified and sickened by it and never forgot it. I am amazed that people would actually bring kids to this park to watch a renactment of Christ being tortured.

Truth is strange than fiction!

"Audience members are encouraged to participate. Jesus walked among them with a wireless microphone, calling children and picking one up."

When I was about 9 I saw my first crucifixion statue in the Basilica of Notre Dame in Montreal. I was terrified and sickened by it and never forgot it. I am amazed that people would actually bring kids to this park to watch a renactment of Christ being tortured.

Damn, I was going to make a joke and say they would have that there but it's actually true. :eek:

Tis true.

I wonder if they are going to add a ride where people can take turns being nailed to a cross and stand there for a few hours.

They can call it "The Christ Experience". :eusa_whistle:

Sad part is, you'll probably find a few willing participants in this day and age.

Is it really any wierder than the "Magic Kingdom" known as DisneyLand?

How so?

Dancing bears and singing mice are a whole lot different than an attraction depicting and celebrating graphic human torture.

Tis true.

I wonder if they are going to add a ride where people can take turns being nailed to a cross and stand there for a few hours.

They can call it "The Christ Experience". :eusa_whistle:

Sad part is, you'll probably find a few willing participants in this day and age.

No doubt. Don't some Opus Dei members wear hair shirts and cilices? I remember reading a while back about some rural Catholic offshoot cult in New Mexico that still practiced self flagellation and other medieval penitential rituals during religious processions in the '30s. I don't know if that cult still exists.

I'm surprised the Atheists haven't shut them down yet.

As I said before they shouldn't try because that would only generate free publicity.

Although the park's existence (as far as I'm aware) doesn't break any laws so they couldn't shut it down.

As I said before they shouldn't try because that would only generate free publicity.

Although the park's existence (as far as I'm aware) doesn't break any laws so they couldn't shut it down.

Why would atheists have any desire to shut it down?

Forum List

Back