Holy Crap!!!!!!

Originally posted by acludem
Taxes aren't really the issue. It's time to find alternatives to fossil fuel. It's time to stop buying massive gas guzzling SUVs when a smaller, fuel efficient car will do, and yes this includes John Kerry. It's time to start working on lowering our dependence on oil and gas. Sure lowering taxes may save us a few cents at the pump for awhile, but you know that the oil companies will simply raise prices and pocket the profits.

acludem

Again, you know not for which you speak.

If you think it is time to conserve, how do you think that LOWERS prices? How do you think that does ANYTHING worth while economically?

-And taxes ARE the issue with economics. When the tax breaks offset your entire gas purchases for the year, they ARE important.

In addition, alternatives ARE available. The big automakers, government, and fuel companies don't want you to use the best there is, though, because they don't make money.

Uhm, New Guy, basic economics lesson for you: law of supply and demand. Supply goes down, demand stays the same, price goes up (that's what's happening with gas right now). Supply goes down, demand goes up, price goes way, way up (actually, this is closer), demand goes down, supply goes up, price goes down. demand goes down, supply goes down, prices stay the same.

If we reduce our demand for oil, OPEC will lower prices, otherwise they lose money.

acludem

Originally posted by NewGuy
What?

It is MY DEMAND that keeps the prices as low as they are for you other guys! :D

In reality, the reason I have cruddy gas mileage is the power.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

The tax breaks make up for it though. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Actually, that's not correct. At a constant supply, higher demand = higher prices.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Actually, that's not correct. At a constant supply, higher demand = higher prices.

True, but I was being funny.

IF we would actually produce with our domestic reserves, the price would be offset, though.

Originally posted by acludem
Uhm, New Guy, basic economics lesson for you: law of supply and demand. Supply goes down, demand stays the same, price goes up (that's what's happening with gas right now). Supply goes down, demand goes up, price goes way, way up (actually, this is closer), demand goes down, supply goes up, price goes down. demand goes down, supply goes down, prices stay the same.

If we reduce our demand for oil, OPEC will lower prices, otherwise they lose money.

acludem

you forget our domestic reserves. -And I never disagreed with the fact of supply and demand.

My point originally was to be joking with my mileage and a "supply and demand" humor bit.

My point secondarilly was that my tax breaks offset my entire cost for fuel in the first place, so my MPG is practically irrelevant.

:D

Originally posted by NewGuy
What?

It is MY DEMAND that keeps the prices as low as they are for you other guys! :D

In reality, the reason I have cruddy gas mileage is the power.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

The tax breaks make up for it though. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's true folks, flagrant consumption increases our "buying power".

But large customers can negotiate volume discounts.

That's true, but that's because overhead costs are cut in the process, and the supplier can afford to give a per unit discount and still maintain the same profit margin. Because costs are lowered, the supplier can deliver more units and therefore lower the price.

That's true, but that's because overhead costs are cut in the process, and the supplier can afford to give a per unit discount and still maintain the same profit margin. Because costs are lowered, the supplier can deliver more units and therefore lower the price.

Yes. I was sure you knew ALL about it.;) It was for "the others".

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
capt.cajme10205111903.gas_prices_cajme102.jpg

Meh, I'm too poor to afford a car anyway.:(

give yourself some time gop guy - lots of us didnt own a car at your age. Unfortunately I had one at 15 because I had to get a hardship lisence when I was 15 - I say unfortunately because I didnt have the car to do what I wanted or needed, I had it to do what my family needed me to do.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
give yourself some time gop guy - lots of us didnt own a car at your age. Unfortunately I had one at 15 because I had to get a hardship lisence when I was 15 - I say unfortunately because I didnt have the car to do what I wanted or needed, I had it to do what my family needed me to do.

I walked and rode a bike until I could afford one at age 20.

I got a permit at 16, but couldn't even get a license until 19 because nobody would let me use their car.

After I got a car, I began to realize it wasn't so great after all when you figure out all the expenses.

I had more money when I rode my bike.

New Topics

Forum List

Back