Holy crap! Fire tornado spotted in California!

fire-tornado-kpix.jpg

If California doesn't tell the tree huggers to fuck off and begin once again to clear dead trees and debris from the woods and hills it will continue to burn....manage the forest not turn your back on it and expect nature to do it....

Its amazing to watch California...they send in tree trimmers and they leave the cuttings on the ground right below the dead tree so nature can mulch it and wonder why their fires burn so hot that they can't put the damn things out....they don't cut fire breaks into the hillsides anymore because they were ugly....well how does a burnt hillside look to ya....?
We must manage the forests and the undeveloped lands...we must push back on the theory that left alone a forest will be just fine...its nonsense!!!!

Its amazing to watch California...they send in tree trimmers and they leave the cuttings on the ground right below the dead tree so nature can mulch it and wonder why their fires burn so hot that they can't put the damn things out....they don't cut fire breaks into the hillsides anymore because they were ugly....well how does a burnt hillside look to ya....?
We must manage the forests and the undeveloped lands...we must push back on the theory that left alone a forest will be just fine...its nonsense!!!!

I learned this stuff as a FFA member back in high school with was in the 1970's!

Yellowstone 1988 fire is an excellent example of what happens when the forest is loaded up with excess material.

I learned this stuff as a FFA member back in high school with was in the 1970's!

Yellowstone 1988 fire is an excellent example of what happens when the forest is loaded up with excess material.
Exactly right...

If California doesn't tell the tree huggers to fuck off and begin once again to clear dead trees and debris from the woods and hills it will continue to burn....manage the forest not turn your back on it and expect nature to do it....
yep....i lived there for 50 years and years ago the forestry dept wanted to clear all that shit out and were stopped by the conservationist .....and the continuing drought has added to the problem with all the dead and dry stuff out there....

Forum List

Back