HOLY COW--Look at the purple UNION shirts campaining for SCOTT BROWN in MASS!

I sure am subsidizing some one who gets tax breaks that I do not get, but I forget as long as it is wealthy people and not working people getting these breaks cons and Republicans are all for them.

Again.... I call bullshit. You're not "subsidizing" anyone who's not receiving money from the public treasury. And in display of the usual liberal hypocrisy... you've apparently got nothing to say about the ones who ARE. You think expenses aren't tax-deductible at GM?... that bonuses paid out at Fanny and Freddie aren't big? C'mon. Get real.

The people who should complain about big corporate expense accounts are shareholders. But in this day and age of 401ks and IRA's nobody has any clue as to where they're actually invested.

From Barry, himself, Audacity of Hope, p62:
In 1980, the average CEO made forty-two times what an average hourly worker took home. By 2005, the ratio was 262 to 1.

Of course, in his usual short-sighted style, he goes on to claim the reason is because it's "cultural", an "ethic of greed"... and never bothered to ask himself what's different between 1980 and 2005.

(Here's something that'll please your little selfish statist heart though. If you go back far enough, you'll find Reagan, himself, instrumental in bringing about 401ks. He apparently realized his mistake fairly quickly, but it was too late by then.)

Where was I selective about fat cats? I never even mentioned GM or Fanny and Freddie , that you inserted by yourself.

FDR saved the nation and is the greatest President of the 20th century and maybe greatest ever.

Bwhahahhahahahahhhha!!! :lol::lol::lol::rofl::lol:
What's our unfunded liability again...??? ...something like 106 TRILLION?

Good one. FDR... biggest, bestest spender EVER!!!

FDR saved the nation and is the greatest President of the 20th century and maybe greatest ever.

Bwhahahhahahahahhhha!!! :lol::lol::lol::rofl::lol:
What's our unfunded liability again...??? ...something like 106 TRILLION?

Good one. FDR... biggest, bestest spender EVER!!!

Yeah the alternative of milllions of Americans starving and going homeless during the depression was a much better alternative.

Where was I selective about fat cats? I never even mentioned GM or Fanny and Freddie , that you inserted by yourself.

So, what you're telling us then... is that you acknowledge and disagree with the Obama administration's handling of these particular corporate entities? :eusa_eh:

You better watch out... next thing you know, you'll have to admit to seeing the political bias in it. :lol:

So, what you're telling us then... is that you acknowledge and disagree with the Obama administration's handling of these particular corporate entities? :eusa_eh:

You better watch out... next thing you know, you'll have to admit to seeing the political bias in it. :lol:

I was against the bail outs of the big companies, more so the banks and financial houses because at least the gm bail out saved some good blue collar type jobs.

Surprising but obvious too, people do not like to hear they will have their healthcare changed or costs will be added. Mass has 97% coverage now. I see it as normal human selfishness and self centered-ness. You'd think union people would consider a stronger do unto others ethic, but I guess that expects too much.

I admire those Union workers, they just got a backroom deal on the healthcare plan, exempting them from paying taxes on their cadillac insurance plans that everyone who is non-union is going to have to pay. Do unto others????? Self centered and selfishness, obviously not these people. :cuckoo:

Yeah the alternative of milllions of Americans starving and going homeless during the depression was a much better alternative.

Did you fail to note that we're still dogged by the progressive policy of "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Obama's progressive (read... fascist) incrementalism is no different. Whatever collectivist legislation he sticks us with... we'll play hell dislodging. That's why it's INSANE to ever give up even the smallest jot of Liberty.

Oh puleeze. What party was our only 4 term president, again?

My father-in-law's parents came from Austria, homesteaded on the northern plains of North Dakoda, they at first lived in a Sod Hut, worked hard, built a farm, raised 13 children there, paid for everything in CASH. When the depression hit and FDR came out with his policies, they were not able to borrow money for seed because they did NOT owe anyone. They lost the farm and all that they had worked so very hard for all those years. He penalized the responsible people and gave to the irresponsible. My father-in-law hated FDR.

Did you fail to note that we're still dogged by the progressive policy of "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Obama's progressive (read... fascist) incrementalism is no different. Whatever collectivist legislation he sticks us with... we'll play hell dislodging. That's why it's INSANE to ever give up even the smallest jot of Liberty.

:cuckoo:

Oh puleeze. What party was our only 4 term president, again?

My father-in-law's parents came from Austria, homesteaded on the northern plains of North Dakoda, they at first lived in a Sod Hut, worked hard, built a farm, raised 13 children there, paid for everything in CASH. When the depression hit and FDR came out with his policies, they were not able to borrow money for seed because they did NOT owe anyone. They lost the farm and all that they had worked so very hard for all those years. He penalized the responsible people and gave to the irresponsible. My father-in-law hated FDR.

Many of those with Austrian ancestry hated Roosevelt.

You need to read an historical account of the depression. It's called, " The Forgotten Man," it is an historical account of exactly what happened with dates and time lines, what they unemployment rate was, what policies were enacted, etc. It also shows that many of FDR's cabinet went to see what Stalin was doing in Russia and they were impressed with it. It is also very clear with the dates, the unemployment rates etc. just what got us out ot the great depression and it was World War 11.

You need to read an historical account of the depression. It's called, " The Forgotten Man," it is an historical account of exactly what happened with dates and time lines, what they unemployment rate was, what policies were enacted, etc. It also shows that many of FDR's cabinet went to see what Stalin was doing in Russia and they were impressed with it. It is also very clear with the dates, the unemployment rates etc. just what got us out ot the great depression and it was World War 11.

An opinion piece is not a historical account it is some one's opinion on historical events and actions.

I was against the bail outs of the big companies, more so the banks and financial houses because at least the gm bail out saved some good blue collar type jobs.

I'm out of time today... and the laundry list of EVERYTHING that stunk about how Obama handled the automakers is too long to get into. Suffice to say, that these manufacturers still managed to lay off ALOT of people and also move plants overseas.

Check out Spring Hill, TN for one, where the Saturn plant they relied so heavily on went belly-up. Initially, Roger Penske stepped in to buy it up, but then GM refused to give him manufacturing support past 2011. Now, that whole little town and all the dealerships relying on Saturn are in the shitter.

This isn't about "blue collar" jobs. It's about picking winners and losers... and, as always, keeping the unions coming out for Democrats. Note that it's the unions who get the life boats... not the "blue collar" joes.

I'm out of time today... and the laundry list of EVERYTHING that stunk about how Obama handled the automakers is too long to get into. Suffice to say, that these manufacturers still managed to lay off ALOT of people and also move plants overseas.

Check out Spring Hill, TN for one, where the Saturn plant they relied so heavily on went belly-up. Initially, Roger Penske stepped in to buy it up, but then GM refused to give him manufacturing support past 2011. Now, that whole little town and all the dealerships relying on Saturn are in the shitter.

This isn't about "blue collar" jobs. It's about picking winners and losers... and, as always, keeping the unions coming out for Democrats. Note that it's the unions who get the life boats... not the "blue collar" joes.

The unions are the blue collar joe's, and though the Democrats are not perfect they are not anti labor like the Republicans are.

But....

This whole time people have been telling me that Union Members are liberal scum that march in lockstep with the Democrats!

Is someone actually suggesting that Union members think for themselves and don't always toe the party line?

Personally, I think a union member voting for a Republican is akin to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders, but hey to each their own.

Also, before anyone get's too worked up, I counted about five purple shirts.

Might be a reach to say that the union is supporting Brown.

That's between the "big businessman" and his employer. They can do what they want. It's a matter between them and their shareholders. A private business has no obligation to pay your rent or buy you lunch.

Oh for fuck's sake.....

He never said they did. He just pointed out that corporate welfare exists and aspects of the law have been crooked to support the white collar welfare recipients.

But....

This whole time people have been telling me that Union Members are liberal scum that march in lockstep with the Democrats!

Is someone actually suggesting that Union members think for themselves and don't always toe the party line?

Personally, I think a union member voting for a Republican is akin to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders, but hey to each their own.

Also, before anyone get's too worked up, I counted about five purple shirts.

Might be a reach to say that the union is supporting Brown.

Tuesday night I plan on getting my popcorn & beer out--& that night I will be watching the "dumb down America channel" aka MSNBC--to watch Criss Mathews pea down his leg--:lol::lol::lol:

An opinion piece is not a historical account it is some one's opinion on historical events and actions.

Try googling the book you will notice all titles like this one-- all claiming HISTORICAL.http://blogcritics.org/books/article/book-review-the-forgotten-man-a1/

http://blogcritics.org/books/article/book-review-the-forgotten-man-a/

The Forgotten Man is an important political and historical work. It is a timely rumination for voters in the current economic climate and should be on the read list for every informed American citizen before they take to the voting booths in November.

Did you happen to notice the word," HISTORICAL". It's a difficult read, but I read it. It's more of a study on the Great Depression.

Last edited:
The unions are the blue collar joe's, and though the Democrats are not perfect they are not anti labor like the Republicans are.

No. They aren't. They're just another voting bloc for the DNC, sprinkled liberally with bullshit down on the Democrat Plantation so their votes and campaign contributions can be harvested every two years.

It's beyond imagination to believe that every working man in this country belongs to some kind of labor union, and yet... it's alway the fucking unions in the lifeboats while Blue-Collar Joe is left to drown.

Tuesday night I plan on getting my popcorn & beer out--& that night I will be watching the "dumb down America channel" aka MSNBC--to watch Criss Mathews pea down his leg--:lol::lol::lol:

I guess we'll see what happens. I am not frothing at the mouth over it either way.

I just wish cons would decide if they love or hate organized labor.

That's all.

Forum List

Back