Hollywood movies, TV shows, TV commercials are a lot more white than real people...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I was in a bank the other day and realized I was the only white person. And that experience is becoming increasingly common here in Las Vegas, and in California it was true many decades ago.

Hollywood still hasn't caught on. In your typical movie, TV show, and commercial you mostly see white faces, with an occasional minority playing a minor character somewhere to the side of the screen. Usually that minority is black because they've broken into Hollywood. Only seldom is it a Hispanic, and then he or she is the gardener or a maid. Asians are almost never seen, but remain in the ghetto of martial arts movies and movies about ancient China and Japan.

I saw a commercial for Jeep that illustrated this perfectly. An old white couple is shown driving a blue Jeep. A young white couple is shown driving a different blue Jeep. The old white couple and young white couple are seen interacting with each other, but maybe it's the same couple separated by time? At one point, the old white couple throw the keys to the Jeep to a couple that has a black man and an Asian woman. They are seen only briefly.

The commercial ends with a couple of white children, boy and girl, holding hands on the beach.

I was in a bank the other day and realized I was the only white person. And that experience is becoming increasingly common here in Las Vegas, and in California it was true many decades ago.

Hollywood still hasn't caught on. In your typical movie, TV show, and commercial you mostly see white faces, with an occasional minority playing a minor character somewhere to the side of the screen. Usually that minority is black because they've broken into Hollywood. Only seldom is it a Hispanic, and then he or she is the gardener or a maid. Asians are almost never seen, but remain in the ghetto of martial arts movies and movies about ancient China and Japan.

I saw a commercial for Jeep that illustrated this perfectly. An old white couple is shown driving a blue Jeep. A young white couple is shown driving a different blue Jeep. The old white couple and young white couple are seen interacting with each other, but maybe it's the same couple separated by time? At one point, the old white couple throw the keys to the Jeep to a couple that has a black man and an Asian woman. They are seen only briefly.

The commercial ends with a couple of white children, boy and girl, holding hands on the beach.

Don't know what planet you are on, but in every newer movie, TV show and commercial I see, not only are minorities there, they are there in disproportionately higher numbers than reality! To believe television and Hollywood, every person on this planet has a bi-racial marriage, with exactly 3 women and four guys as best friends, 1/4 of them Black, 1/4 Asian and the other 1/4 gay. Plus one token old person.

Most cmmercials I see have mostly black people as well as an urban theme. And mostly the jingles which accompany the mare urban themed.

It depends on where you;re watching tv, really. If you're in the midwast, then, you'll see commercials conform to the target demographic.

Most cmmercials I see have mostly black people as well as an urban theme. And mostly the jingles which accompany the mare urban themed.

It depends on where you;re watching tv, really. If you're in the midwast, then, you'll see commercials conform to the target demographic.
I am pretty sure they are all the same everywhere.

He just thinks there too many white people in commercials because there aren’t any white people besides those in nursing homes in the Southwest.

Is this the commercial you are referring to?

Jeep Wrangler TV Commercial, 'Songland: Young' Song by Old Dominion [T1]

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

The American southwest is being reabsorbed by Mexico. Faster than the rest of the country.

Okay why are you folks watching commercials? Why is no one DVR'ing their shows and then skipping through the ads?

I'm perplexed here

you must be color blind

Okay why are you folks watching commercials? Why is no one DVR'ing their shows and then skipping through the ads?

I'm perplexed here
What shows are you watching?

TV is complete garbage.
Yeah right. TV is "complete garbage." Why would you ask about what shows sweetsue92 is watching if you don't watch complete garbage? You have to have some knowledge of Complete Garbage to know that TV Is Complete Garbage and to have a reference from with which to make a statement like that.

There are a lot of very informative TV shows out there, pb&j. Fuck Off.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I'm perplexed here

TV is complete garbage.
Yeah right. TV is "complete garbage." Why would you ask about what shows sweetsue92 is watching if you don't watch complete garbage? You have to have some knowledge of Complete Garbage to know that TV Is Complete Garbage and to have a reference from with which to make a statement like that.

It was a rhetorical question, dumbass.

TV is most certainly complete garbage.

I'm perplexed here

TV is complete garbage.

If it was a rhetorical question, you would not have had to repeat yourself. You get that, right?

Funny. No it was not.

A couple years ago I was at a bank in Westport, the town I lived in for some 40 years, and 2 darkies a male and female stood up and approached me like I was a possible bank robber. I assumed they were security but had every right to confront the darkies. Anyhow, courts are dominated by the darkness, so what is the point. Crazy fucking times to be a law abiding Whitey (a person of color, not darkness).

A couple years ago I was at a bank in Westport, the town I lived in for some 40 years, and 2 darkies a male and female stood up and approached me like I was a possible bank robber. I assumed they were security but had every right to confront the darkies. Anyhow, courts are dominated by the darkness, so what is the point. Crazy fucking times to be a law abiding Whitey (a person of color, not darkness).
Don't leave us hangin', snout. What about the rest of the robbery story?

I'm perplexed here

TV is complete garbage.

If it was a rhetorical question, you would not have had to repeat yourself. You get that, right?

Funny. No it was not.
I didn’t repeat myself....

Asking “what shows are you watching” is the same in this context as asking “why are you such a moronic simpleton”?

TV is garbage. Watching anything today for enjoyment or heaven forbid, information is a clear indication of a mental deficiency.

Forum List

Back