American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
lastsuplarge066.jpg

Hollywood Libs Push Boycott of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’

January 24, 2013
By Ben Shapiro

But when it comes to today’s liberals persecuting non-liberal thought in Hollywood, Hollywood doesn’t bat an eyelash.

Take, for example, director Kathryn Bigelow of Zero Dark Thirty. Bigelow is no right-winger – when she made The Hurt Locker, many on the right were upset at what they perceived to be an anti-military bias. But now, the left wants a full-scale awards season boycott against Zero Dark Thirty. Why? The movie depicts American intelligence utilizing harsh interrogation techniques – techniques harsher than those actually used – in order to obtain information about Osama Bin Laden.

This challenges the left’s contradictory view of torture: either torture is so brutal that its immorality outweighs the gains obtained, or torture doesn’t work at all. Bigelow’s film depicts brutal torture – placing terrorists in boxes, hanging people from chains, waterboarding with buckets – but it also shows that the intelligence gathered was valuable in finding Bin Laden. And Hollywood can’t handle that.

While those in Tinseltown like to claim that their ultimate god is the almighty dollar – an odd defense from a group of folks who consider themselves to be leftists – the truth is that they are cause-driven ideologues. And it’s astonishing how little non-liberal content it takes to turn Hollywood against you. Originally, Zero Dark Thirty was slated to be a sycophant session for Obama as bin Laden-killer. Then it was great. But when Bigelow produced an accurate depiction of the role of enhanced interrogation techniques – even as a side point in the main story – the left turned on it. And then the left claims, ridiculously, that there’s no bias in Hollywood.

Hollywood Libs Push Boycott of ?Zero Dark Thirty?

Im pretty sure they made the movie...

BTW no plans to see it. There is enough violence in the world that i have to see to stay informed and work. Id rather not put any violence in my head that doesnt need to be there.

BTW no plans to see it. There is enough violence in the world that i have to see to stay informed and work. Id rather not put any violence in my head that doesnt need to be there.

One would think a well adjusted individual would be able to be fine watching some simulated violence.

I'm all for sitting through any non-fiction movie if it really is factual. If not, it's a waste of time. I hate it when Hollywood takes real stories and changes them to make them easier to digest. In this case, if the torture is depicted accurately and it did result in obtaining intel that helped, it should be recognized as such.

I don't intend to see it. I have little faith that it's an accurate account and I'm willing to bet the scenes of torture were originally designed to cast shame over the politicians who didn't cry over some ruthless terrorists enduring discomfort. It sounds like the movie took it up a few notches from what actually took place.

One would think a well adjusted individual would be able to be fine watching some simulated violence.

Hey, it's the liberals in Hollywood who are boycotting it, so you might have have a point. I can sit through anything but bullshit.

There's been no liberal outcry against "Zero Dark Thirty".

Yeah, I'm sure if there were a liberal outcry, it would be reflected on this forum... which it's not.

I mean shit, look at all the shit that causes a conservative outcry. Threads out the ass for months on the same subject, resurrected and referenced even years after the fact.

I was at first hesitant about this movie, because I am opposed to torture and I don't believe it yields results.
However, there is no need for a boycott. Its a movie. Its fiction. Its not real. Its made up.

If people cannot get that through their heads, there is something wrong with them.

Forum List

Back