Hollywood Is Taking Beating At Box Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pale Rider said:
Clay... your colors REALLY show through in this post, and it's one of the BEST examples of liberal psycho-babble I've ever seen. This is exactly why I have such a hard time talking to liberals sometimes. PSYCHO-BABBLE!

It's very reminiscent of slick willie saying, "that depends on what the definition of IS, is".
Glad I'm good at something!

Abbey Normal said:
I agree, Bonnie. My epiphany for movies came watching American Beauty. It is an excellent example of Hollywood's penchant for making movies where the white suburban married male is ignornant, shallow and immoral, and needs to learn what is truly important in life, while the gay character ( or poor, or black, etc.) has his head on straight and can teach the suburban guy so much. Once your eyes are opened to this not-so-subtle agenda, you start to notice it in many of the movies that Hollywood not only produces, but nominates for honors year after year.

I'm hip, Abbey. My epiphany was "Blazing Saddles" (showing my age, ha ha). I just kept muttering to myself, "God, how they HATE us!"

Wow. Are you so scared a Democrat will never be president again you are willing to put countless lives at risk? - Jimmyeatworld, USMB member.

Off-topic for a moment, but, kudos to Jimmyeatworld for this quote, and kudos to Musicman for calling attention to it. This and Bonnie's are my fav signature lines.

The ClayTaurus said:
Glad I'm good at something!

Liberal psycho-babble used to irritate the hell out of me. Now it just makes me laugh. So feel free to keep it up, laughing is good for ones health. :happy2:

Kathianne said:
Pale, it seems you picked a 'hot topic', :laugh:

Adam's Apple said:
A hot topic it is! Here's another commentary on Hollywood's plight from Wes Pruden, editor-in-chief of The Washington Times.

Horror in Hollywood: It's Not a Movie
By Wes Pruden, The Washington Times
December 30, 2005

http://www.washtimes.com/national/pruden.htm

Good article A.A. Thanks.

Quote from article:

But the idea is dawning on the little minds of Hollywood that maybe the great gullible moviegoing public is fed up with junk -- the endless car chases, the mechanical sex, the gore and guts, the mindless plots and maybe even the relentless sneering at red-state values. Hollywood has forgotten how to tell a story, or to recognize one. One screenwriter who must remain anonymous so he can continue to lunch in this town says that's why there are so many remakes.

Pale Rider said:
Liberal psycho-babble used to irritate the hell out of me. Now it just makes me laugh. So feel free to keep it up, laughing is good for ones health. :happy2:
It's good to laugh. Getting irritated gets you nowhere.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's good to laugh.

True.

The ClayTaurus said:
Getting irritated gets you nowhere.

Untrue. How do pearls come to be?

Left to my own devices, I would lay around, stay high, laugh, and never worry about a thing. But, this is not the recipe for a productive life. I can't say I rejoice in setbacks, aggravation, and adversity. But, they do serve to get me off my ass!

The ClayTaurus said:
It's good to laugh. Getting irritated gets you nowhere.

So Clay,
You're intentionally soliciting laughs, that explains a lot about your posts. I must admit that I have been irritated that someone could post such sophomoric opinions but now I see that they were all just for a laugh. . . good one. You'll have to excuse me for not catching that sooner, after all I am an old, feeble, frightened man. :laugh:

sitarro said:
I must admit that I have been irritated that someone could post such sophomoric opinions...
You should stop looking in the mirror.

I know, I know, sophomoric. I can't help it, it's my backwards hat talking again.

Go ahead and talk down to me more; I like to laugh! Good job spelling all the words right this time!

musicman said:
True.

Untrue. How do pearls come to be?

Left to my own devices, I would lay around, stay high, laugh, and never worry about a thing. But, this is not the recipe for a productive life. I can't say I rejoice in setbacks, aggravation, and adversity. But, they do serve to get me off my ass!

True. I meant getting irritated at things like message board posts. Half the time, that's all anyone ever intends to get out of their posting anyways - irritation on behalf of someone else. If you never get irritated, the other person can't win.

Apologies on my generality.

The ClayTaurus said:
True. I meant getting irritated at things like messageboard posts. Half the time, that's all anyone ever intends to get out of their posting anyways - irritation on behalf of someone else. If you never get irritated, the other person can't win.

Apologies on my generality.

So that's what I'm supposed to be doing. And here I thought intelligent debate was the order of the day.

duh_Garfield.jpg

The ClayTaurus said:
You should stop looking in the mirror.

I know, I know, sophomoric. I can't help it, it's my backwards hat talking again.

Go ahead and talk down to me more; I like to laugh! Good job spelling all the words right this time!

Clay Taurus..........USMB Spelling Monitor, very impressive title.

sitarro said:
Clay Taurus..........USMB Spelling Monitor, very impressive title.
I only critique such things when being lectured by tinhorns. Especially when being lectured without provocation. You see, it's called hypocrisy, and it's annoying. Kind of like tall people who find twisted humor in belittling those shorter than them. Or shorter people whining about it.

The ClayTaurus said:
I only critique such things when being lectured by tinhorns. Especially when being lectured without provocation. You see, it's called hypocrisy, and it's annoying. Kind of like tall people who find twisted humor in belittling those shorter than them. Or shorter people whining about it.

Damn... I'm 6' 3" in my cowboy boots. Does that mean I have to feel bad if I call somebody 'punk' from now on?

Probably ain't gonna' happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back