Hollywood and Racism

Mr. Sauerkraut

Dec 23, 2010
Heart of Germany
HI there

How do you feel by watching a hollywood movie from the present in which all blacks are dumb, evil or both and all young, blonde, smart americans are the good and the clever charakters? I noticed that last in the movie "Chaos" with Jason Stratham ans Welsey Snipes.

I made my master degree in media studies but this isn´t sufficient to recognize that there is still a strong and evident racism by the responsible descision makers of Hollywood movies.
It´s not that placed on the first look on the surface like it was in these "blaxploitation" movies from the 70ths. But it isn´t hidden that deep in the subtext that anybody could denie it.

I notice now that the Blacks aren´t the all-time-evil was they´re were (that are the muslims now). But they transformed to an archetype of an parvenu who crosses ethic lines or immolate any morals by his ambition.

Is it that astonishing then, that the racism itself keeps actual, virulant and infinite in the minds of the americans? Even George Lucas´Charakters from Star Wars are close by racistic stereotypes.

749px-Poggle_Geo.jpg

mullah_krekar.jpg

Poggle/Mullah: Beard, Turban, Desert People

Muslims=Insects?

Hollywood is shaping the minds of blacks and whites alike.

Every black seems to be on crack, is a criminal, and talks like a hood, or a least a large majority of them are.

Ever wonder why the Cosby Show was so successful?

Because it showed another side of being black. A side that could fit into American life. The side that Hollywood doesn't really want to foster because it's based on a normal life and building a solid future. Parents that are successful and not living off the government teat. MLK wasn't mentioned much and the f bomb was floated on a regular basis.

The Cosby Show gave us a side of being black that removes stereotypes and tried to limit prejudice. Racial themes were kept to a minimum.

None of this works for the Democrats of course, which the Hollywood crowd supports.

Last edited:
HI there

How do you feel by watching a hollywood movie from the present in which all blacks are dumb, evil or both and all young, blonde, smart americans are the good and the clever charakters? I noticed that last in the movie "Chaos" with Jason Stratham ans Welsey Snipes.

I made my master degree in media studies but this isn´t sufficient to recognize that there is still a strong and evident racism by the responsible descision makers of Hollywood movies.
It´s not that placed on the first look on the surface like it was in these "blaxploitation" movies from the 70ths. But it isn´t hidden that deep in the subtext that anybody could denie it.

I notice now that the Blacks aren´t the all-time-evil was they´re were (that are the muslims now). But they transformed to an archetype of an parvenu who crosses ethic lines or immolate any morals by his ambition.

Is it that astonishing then, that the racism itself keeps actual, virulant and infinite in the minds of the americans? Even George Lucas´Charakters from Star Wars are close by racistic stereotypes.

It's no new phenomenon.
My favorite is 'True Lies' with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
In the end scene, the Arabs are being massacred on the top of a high-rise building with a machine-gun which is mounted on an Aircraft.
The leader of the Arabs jumps onto the plane and somehow he gets entangled with his clothes on a missile of the aircraft.
That missile then is being fired and the Arab explodes together with the missile.

Media Studies as a Masters. How fucking ridiculous.

Guess you can make just about any worthless endeavor into a masters program.

I always wondered what good getting a masters in literature was.

The difference between shitty trash shows (like this damn german "junglecamp") and a great tv series like "Breaking Bad" shows the power of skilled, enthusiastic and educated media diploma holders. Do you think "the godfather" was written and directed by practicians?

What yo you mean with "Worthless"? WHat´s master-worthy in your opinion? Which degree do you both have?

HI there

It's no new phenomenon.
In the end scene, the Arabs are being massacred on the top of a high-rise building with a machine-gun which is mounted on an Aircraft.
The leader of the Arabs jumps onto the plane and somehow he gets entangled with his clothes on a missile of the aircraft.
That missile then is being fired and the Arab explodes together with the missile.

He was a terrorist that enjoyed murdering millions of innocent people.

Who cares what nationality he was.

Ya, before their were movies everyone thought blacks were smart.

HI there

It's no new phenomenon.

Tell you what...you find a terrorist that "murdered" millions. I will find a politician. We can have a race. Go!

It's no new phenomenon.

Tell you what...you find a terrorist that "murdered" millions. I will find a politician. We can have a race. Go!

Pol Pot.

How did Nixon murder millions? Fighting Communism is murder I suppose?

Strange how so many admire Chairman Mao, who caused the death of over 700,000 of his own people in one year, and those same people think Nixon was a murderer.

Hey dipshit, ever hear of a little fracas called Viet Nam?

By the way y'all, if you want to know where racism was REALLY rampant in Hollyweird, you may wish to start with the birth of movies. Blackface was regularly worn by white actors to illustrate how they thought black people acted and lived.

Incidentally, there's another racist incident that happened in 1939, I refer you to of course, the movie "Reefer Madness" which was created by Hollyweird and Anslinger to make cannabis illegal, because all the blacks and Mexicans were using it. Too bad they didn't know that quite a few of the Founding Fathers smoked it, as well as the fact that Washington made it a law that farmers had to grow hemp.

Forum List

Back