Holiness Nuts Handle Rattlesnakes in Tennessee

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
A young Holiness preacher near Lafolette, TN is handling snakes during his worship services illegally. He has been turned down on one appeal but is pushing it to the supreme court. He says it's his right in this country to worship almighty GAWD in any manner he sees fit.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religi...ake-handlers-pentecostal-tennessee/55354206/1

If I attended his service, which is highly unlikely because I don't believe any of that bullshit, I'd pray that one of those big timber rattlers would bite him right on the buttocks.

Last edited:
A young Holiness preacher near Lafolette, TN is handling snakes during his worship services illegally. He has been turned down on one appeal but is pushing it to the supreme court. He says it's his right in this country to worship almighty GAWD in any manner he sees fit.

Young snake handlers say they grasp the power of faith

If I attended his service, which is highly unlikely because I don't believe any of that bullshit, I'd pray that one of those big timber rattlers would bite him right on the buttocks.

He will win the lawsuit--although I think more mainstream religious groups would rather he disappeared quietly.

That is a horrible thing to say! I hope he realizes that Mark is a little off base in terms of what believers can do and stop playing with his life!

Why does he not drink posion like the rest of that verse says to do?

You know--alcohol can be a poison!!

Why don't we start up a christian sect that drinks a bunch of alcohol to prove our faith?

We could call ourselves the "Holy Roll-Overeds"! :tongue:

If he is putting others in danger, yeah there is a problem.

My brother can tell you how fun it is to be bit by a rattlesnake.

they do drink poisons....and they prefer to be called serpent handlers and why should they not follow their beliefs?

why?

You have to ask the officials of Tennesse that one.

I just find it strange and dangerous--but my opinion never stopped suicide bombers, suicide cults, nor suicidal clergymen!

All I can say is "Knock yourself out"

Well, not with death,ok?

they do drink poisons....and they prefer to be called serpent handlers and why should they not follow their beliefs?

why?

You have to ask the officials of Tennesse that one.

I just find it strange and dangerous--but my opinion never stopped suicide bombers, suicide cults, nor suicidal clergymen!

All I can say is "Knock yourself out"

Well, not with death,ok?

My dad's youngest brother was a Holiness preacher for about thirty years. One cold winter's night he got all wrapped up in his own words, started backing up in the big room motioning for others to "Come With Me!" and backed into and straddled a red hot stove...the old fashioned kind. He laid on his stomach for over a month and his wife had to feed him.

they try...its called 'laying of hands'

yall need to be a little less bigoted about this......

their beliefs are no stranger than any others

So, we're talking about the Gifts of the Spirit, then.

I've, personally, seen evidence of every other Gift.
Therefor I have no reason to doubt the validity of being unharmed by poison.

:cool:

He is definitely crazy, but he is also right.

He is definitely crazy, but he is also right.

How so?

So if my religion said I must smoke crack to show how much I love my god, I have the right to smoke that crack?
The kid is not right, the state has laws about capturing wild animals and poisonous snake for one, plus they have laws against what he is practicing due to people dying.

Forum List

Back