Holiday food?

Moi gots it about covered...:)

Always love a home made noddle dish,or some potato salad too..but the stuffing,and cranberry don't leave much room....I noticed myself..that I can eat alot more of somebodies elses food at Thanksgiving than if I cooked it myself...:)...weard ha...:D

Also can't forget the pumpkin & banana bread....:)

Not sure what's happening yet this year..If I'm gona be eating my own cooking,or alot more of somebody elses....:)

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Thanks Moi, the sad thing is most people around here don't even know what procuitto is.
Don't worry...I just found out that my grocery store sells buffalo meat. My sister (the one who spent 15 years in canada) was with me and when I was "eewwwing" she said, Yum! I wish they sold deer and moose too!

You should have seen the look on people's faces!

Pickled Herring is awesome!! So I guess Jim got his strange taste from me!! I will be making an apple-caramel apple pie. Sorry Moi, but that stuff sounds disgusting!!

Originally posted by Joan
Pickled Herring is awesome!! So I guess Jim got his strange taste from me!! I will be making an apple-caramel apple pie. Sorry Moi, but that stuff sounds disgusting!!
Damn, woman! You'd better make two pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Moi, I will be a good girl and make the pumpkin pies, Joan is making the apple - I am also bring the wine too! anything else - Jim would you like anything, Herring??? hehehehehehe!!!!

Buffalo meat is big here...A good roast,and alota families here..that'll be the main course this T-Day..Just a very gentle game taste,and a gentle tad tougher...all in all,dam good meat...:)

Herring in Sour Cream is quite delicious also! (But this is a New Years Day tradition)

Buffalo meat? for thanksgiving??? must be you Minnesota people! hehehe! How are you supposed to have a turkey sandwich like I told you the next day with Buffalo meat???

Yes, creamed herring is good, but for New Year's Eve - come to think of it, I must be like Jim, i think I have one in Refridge since last New Year's! :D

I'm not doing a buffalo roast...and it's a side dish,and second after the turkey..:)

I'm doing what you instructed me on...I'm adding stuffing to my cranberry/turkey sandwiches.....and love every second,and every bite!!!.....:)...hehehehehe....

Man, this thread is making me hungry!:)

We always had the typical stuff for thanksgiving when I was a kid. Honestly, all I need is turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole, and I'd be satisfied. And some bread so I can make a turkey and stuffing sammich later.

Moi, I've actually had buffalo and moose, my cousin (I think he's my cousin) used to live out in Wyoming and for christmas one year he sent a cooler full of all these weird meats. I think the buffalo was in sausage form, but it was really good. We had wild boar, too,all that stuff was actually surprisingly good!

Creamed herring, I'm with Moi, that stuff's pretty gross. The italian thing that I'm too lazy to look up the name of sounded good, though!

Hey Dan, didn't Teddy have some crazy meat at this Wedding? I didn't go, but if I remember it was something different.

Moi, now you know you forgot the cold soup the Italians have prior to the turkey and usually all the pasta too, by the time Turkey comes out, I have usually wondered where the hell they get the room to eat it after all the other stuff prior. Atleast I know one Italian that eats this way.

We also have the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, creamed cauliflower, peas, mashed potatoes and coconut custard pie!! MMMMmmmmmMMMM. The thing that makes ours so special is that my Mom is the BEST cook!!! :)

We have a pretty traditional T-day, with two exceptions:
1. My brother-in-law deep-fries the turkey. If you've never had deep-fried turkey before, you are really missing out! It is extremely moist.
2. Texas delight! Its a dessert with pecans, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, cream cheese, and chocolate shavings... and it's the best dessert ever!

hahahahaha!!!!

Hey, I see Fudrucker's is now serving Ostrich burgers!!!! :puke:
I don't think I can get into eating an Ostrich!

Deep fried turkey in peanut oil is fantastic, and that dessert sounds really good. Any chance of a recipe?

Ostrich is actually pretty good, very lean dark meat, almost tastes like beef, just a little gamey flavor to it, great smoked.

My older Brother got a deep fryer one year at Thanksgiving and said it's the greatest way to eat it - never tried it, but might have to.

I should have known someone has eaten Ostrich here! hehe! I am sure it's good, and they say it's very lean, but I just can't see myself eating that big ol bird! I liked it better down at Great Adventure when Jim got pecked by one instead! :)

Janeen-

Teddy had a pig roast at his wedding (I think the more proper term would be a "pig pickin'", but you ain't about to catch me using that phrase!). They had a whole pig cooking over an open flame, you just toreoff the meat you wanted, it was really good, too!

And deep-fried turkey is good, MtnBiker, but no peanut oil!! (I'm allergic to nuts, and for some reason, peanut oil makes me react worse than anything else)

Oh, and jackass...

We also have the traditional Thanksgiving dinner... creamed cauliflower... coconut custard pie!!

Soooo, you're family is a bunch of gays, then? You oughta invite Dom over! :p:

Forum List

Back