Hole the Size of Maine Opens in Antarctica Ice

You can lead a climate change denier conspiracy nut to reality, but you can't make him think....

It's quite the opposite , we are the ones that think, the cult just parrots the new talking point of the day.

It is all a conspiracy, Bear. the hoax was put together by the aliens who abducted Elvis. Their motives are unclear, but it has something to do with Hillary, Gore, and Obama....

Why do you even say that, it's funny that us "deniers " think and question and your type just parrots the "professionals"

Once again to make my point clear..

Well, I can see where your reasoning comes from. Don't get me wrong. I. too, and damned glad that the Star Trek Enterprise returned to earth in the future and saved the whales. I am sure that they have a plan to save us from climate change, too....

You can lead a climate change denier conspiracy nut to reality, but you can't make him think....

It's quite the opposite , we are the ones that think, the cult just parrots the new talking point of the day.

It is all a conspiracy, Bear. the hoax was put together by the aliens who abducted Elvis. Their motives are unclear, but it has something to do with Hillary, Gore, and Obama....

Why do you even say that, it's funny that us "deniers " think and question and your type just parrots the "professionals"

Once again to make my point clear..

Well, I can see where your reasoning comes from. Don't get me wrong. I. too, and damned glad that the Star Trek Enterprise returned to earth in the future and saved the whales. I am sure that they have a plan to save us from climate change, too....

Yet you still think this way old timer ..

images.png

Dude why does any novices try me at this crap, I have been arguing on the net since the early 1990s I have a retort for everything..and come up with new ones everyday

THE SHEAR IGNORANCE OF THE LEFT WING RETARDS..

The hole is directly above a cluster of currently active volcanoes flowing magma on the sea floor.

The heat from the magma is warming the water causing a heat bloom and water circulations which impact the bottom of the ice sheet in a very localized point. BECAUSE THE ICE IS FLOATING the bottom never leaves the water and eventually melts through..

The shear ignorance of basic science is astounding...

Can you guess whats going to happen when those volcanoes stop erupting?

Last edited:
Because of the breaking up of the Mertz glacier. You should read your link before posting and then there`s a possibility that you won`t look so stupid. No assurance but still a possibility.

The point remains. Perhaps it was a tad subtle for you.

The one constant of the universe is change. Atrophy is sometimes described as the process from order to chaos. Greenland was once green. Iceland was once covered in ice. There has been every kind of weather phenomenon imaginable. So what is normal? Temperatures above normal? The earth was a sweat box more than once. Hawaii is moving slowly as the crust beneath the Pacific Ocean is subject to subduction.

Is the Mertz glacier normal? Or is its absence normal? Is it too big or too smal according to normal?

I have almost never had the normal temperature of 98.6 degrees. My normal is usually cooler than that. Is there something wrong with me or something wrong with the normal?

One of the biggest arguments I have with global warming accolades is nuclear power. Nuclear power is virtually free from greenhouse gasses. Yet we oppose them. We oppose them in favor of fantasy. If it was so important to reduce greenhouse gasses we would be building nuclear plants everywhere.

I read that California is looking to ban gasoline engines in the next couple decades. Where will California get enough electric power to charge the electric cars? They are going to need to double power plants at a minimum. They need to be doing this now so that the infrastructure is in place as the cars come online.

They aren’t.

Some Time Magazine covers

And none of them predict an ice age. Every one of them talks about a cold snap that was happening at the time, and associated gas/oil shortages.

So, it wasn't honest of you to pretend they were predicting cooling.

Where were you when the left went ape shit over the coming Ice Age? All of us oldtimers sure as hell remember it. Then when the left realized we wouldn't freeze solid, Al Gore switched to Global Warming and made a fortune.
Then you are either a fucking dumb ass, or a liar. For while there were journalists making claims about a coming ice age, the scientists were saying the opposite.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

In the thirty years leading up to the 1970s, available temperature recordings suggested that there was a cooling trend. As a result some scientists suggested that the current inter-glacial period could rapidly draw to a close, which might result in the Earth plunging into a new ice age over the next few centuries. This idea could have been reinforced by the knowledge that the smog that climatologists call ‘aerosols’ – emitted by human activities into the atmosphere – also caused cooling. In fact, as temperature recording has improved in coverage, it’s become apparent that the cooling trend was most pronounced in northern land areas and that global temperature trends were in fact relatively steady during the period prior to 1970.

At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gasses that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would exert a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

By 1980 the predictions about ice ages had ceased, due to the overwhelming evidence contained in an increasing number of reports that warned of global warming. Unfortunately, the small number of predictions of an ice age appeared to be much more interesting than those of global warming, so it was those sensational 'Ice Age' stories in the press that so many people tend to remember.

GlobalCooling.JPG

The fact is that around 1970 there were 6 times as many scientists predicting a warming rather than a cooling planet. Today, with 30+years more data to analyse, we've reached a clear scientific consensus: 97% of working climate scientists agree with the view that human beings are causing global warming.

And none of them predict an ice age. Every one of them talks about a cold snap that was happening at the time, and associated gas/oil shortages.

Where were you when the left went ape shit over the coming Ice Age? All of us oldtimers sure as hell remember it. Then when the left realized we wouldn't freeze solid, Al Gore switched to Global Warming and made a fortune.
You mean, you imagined it. You can't actually remember something that didnt happen.
I don't know what in hell you're talking about. The left sure wanted to believe Earth would freeze solid.

You mean, you imagined it. You can't actually remember something that didnt happen.
I don't know what in hell you're talking about. The left sure wanted to believe Earth would freeze solid.
No, you lying little cocksuck, that never happened. And Gore turned the modest fortune he inherited into a large one by investing in high tech stocks when they were on a downer. That you assholes have to constantly lie proves you have no evidence for your position.

All the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities in the world state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. Against that kind of consensus, we have you ignorance hillbillies that constantly demonstrate the abysmal depth of your willful ignorance every day on this board. LOL

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Against that kind of consensus, we have you ignorance hillbillies that constantly demonstrate the abysmal depth of your willful ignorance every day on this board.
Easy, bro'. No need to insult ignorant hillbillies.

I have never seen a post of yours that indicated the slightest amount of thought. Nor have I seen a single post that indicated that you have the slightest knowledge of science. And we are supposed to give credibility to someone that thinks an obese junkie on the AM radio is a climate expert? Or that a bug eyed Englishman that falsely claims to be a member of the House of Lords, with no scientific credentials whatsoever is someone credible? LOL

Because of the breaking up of the Mertz glacier. You should read your link before posting and then there`s a possibility that you won`t look so stupid. No assurance but still a possibility.

The point remains. Perhaps it was a tad subtle for you.

The one constant of the universe is change. Atrophy is sometimes described as the process from order to chaos. Greenland was once green. Iceland was once covered in ice. There has been every kind of weather phenomenon imaginable. So what is normal? Temperatures above normal? The earth was a sweat box more than once. Hawaii is moving slowly as the crust beneath the Pacific Ocean is subject to subduction.

Is the Mertz glacier normal? Or is its absence normal? Is it too big or too smal according to normal?

I have almost never had the normal temperature of 98.6 degrees. My normal is usually cooler than that. Is there something wrong with me or something wrong with the normal?

One of the biggest arguments I have with global warming accolades is nuclear power. Nuclear power is virtually free from greenhouse gasses. Yet we oppose them. We oppose them in favor of fantasy. If it was so important to reduce greenhouse gasses we would be building nuclear plants everywhere.

I read that California is looking to ban gasoline engines in the next couple decades. Where will California get enough electric power to charge the electric cars? They are going to need to double power plants at a minimum. They need to be doing this now so that the infrastructure is in place as the cars come online.

They aren’t.
God, how many of the false meme's of the ignorant ass deniers are you going to fit into one extraordinary stupid rant? No, Iceland in recorded history was never covered with ice, nor was Greenland ever green. It had a barely habitable strip on the coast that ceased to be habitable when the climate cooled a bit.

Dude why does any novices try me at this crap, I have been arguing on the net since the early 1990s I have a retort for everything..and come up with new ones everyday
All equally dripping with the ignorance and stupidity that you delight in.

The hole in the Antarctic Sea Ice is almost certainly caused by an upwelling of water warmer than the present surface water. Same thing that is melting the ice shelves in the Antarctic.

Proving invincible ignorance actually is invincible is not new.

Forum List

Back