Holding All the Cards and Still Losing

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Holding All the Cards and Still Losing by John J. Pitney Jr. on National Review Online

Republican "power" is not responsible for Democrats’ unpopularity.

President Obama is plunging in the polls, and his health-care plans face an iffy future on Capitol Hill. His supporters blame right-wing muscle. “I think it is very hard because [Democrats] don’t have the message machine the Republicans do,” says Democratic message guru George Lakoff. (Rhymes With)
That "Message Machine" Dems are complaining about is called "The American People". The Dems will never figure it out because they don't listen to em'.
With such a commanding position, President Obama and his party should be having an easy time. Indeed, they may still ram a bill through Congress. But the battle has been tougher than they expected. There are a couple of possible explanations. First, despite his talents as a candidate, President Obama is showing weakness and inexperience as a chief executive. Second, the health plan is so bad that even a mighty political operation has trouble pushing it across the finish line.

Perhaps both explanations are true.
A Democrat President and a Democrat Congress spend most of their time complaining about Sarah Palin and G.W. Bush! :lol:

Perhaps USMB poster "TruthMatters" is a Dem Congressman?

Holding All the Cards and Still Losing by John J. Pitney Jr. on National Review Online

President Obama is plunging in the polls, and his health-care plans face an iffy future on Capitol Hill. His supporters blame right-wing muscle. “I think it is very hard because [Democrats] don’t have the message machine the Republicans do,” says Democratic message guru George Lakoff. (Rhymes With)
That "Message Machine" Dems are complaining about is called "The American People". The Dems will never figure it out because they don't listen to em'.
With such a commanding position, President Obama and his party should be having an easy time. Indeed, they may still ram a bill through Congress. But the battle has been tougher than they expected. There are a couple of possible explanations. First, despite his talents as a candidate, President Obama is showing weakness and inexperience as a chief executive. Second, the health plan is so bad that even a mighty political operation has trouble pushing it across the finish line.

A Democrat President and a Democrat Congress spend most of their time complaining about Sarah Palin and G.W. Bush! :lol:

He's hardly plunging in the polls and we will get healthcare. The above quotes are merely wishful thinking and Republican spin.

Hell even the republican publication the Denver post has come out for the Public Option

I've said it elsewhere and I'll repeat it here:

Cons like to call Pres. Obama another Carter, but I think in terms of how much he'll be pissing them off he's really likely to be another Clinton.

:lol:

Cons like to call Pres. Obama another Carter, but I think in terms of how much he'll be pissing them off he's really likely to be another Clinton.
That'd mean that Dems would lose control of Congress. I'd love that!

You'd think with the WH & Congress in their pocket the Dems would be on fire pushing their agenda through. That is sorta what was promised, right? (Change?)

Instead there's all this focus on Palin and Glenn Beck and a lot of others that don't hold positions of power in this country. Why? Are they that scary that even without power they need to be demonized? Or is it just that the Dems really don't have a plan or a vision?

I don't expect any Dems here to enlighten me, I'm betting the responses will be like the 1's to Mad Scientist - all fluff and diversion.

Don't you know, the democrat controlled house and the democrat controlled senate and the democrat controlled presidency are out-numbered by the republican minority that is stopping legislation?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Little Lord Obammyroy is going to make Carter look like Eisenhower.

At least Bubba could bullshit you on the fly.

I do have to admit, one reason Mr Obama is better than Mr Clinton is because he can keep his fly zipped up.

Forum List

Back