Holder's Contempt: What is really means...

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
What follows the Holder contempt vote? - CNN.com

"Just by going to court, the House guarantees it loses. Even if (the House) wins, it's going to be years from now," Chafetz told CNN. "This Congress will be out of office and Obama may be out of office. If they wind up going to court, it will actually be to the great detriment of the House's oversight role."

So, Good Luck GOP!

The Democrats learned the same thing...

You basically don't understand the endgame here..

Which is..of course..

The Impeachment of President Obama..should he win a second term.

Border Patrol Guard Brian Terry matters as much to conservatives as did the people that died in the twin towers, the people that died in Washington, the troops that died in Iraq and the troops that died in Afghanistan.

As in..not at all..except in use as political pawns as a means to end.

The criminal contempt charge would refer the entire dispute to District of Columbia U.S. Attorney Ronald Machen, who would then decide whether to file criminal charges against Holder or others, based on the Justice Department's refusal to hand over information sought by House Republicans.

Most legal observers expect Machen to do nothing. They note that President George W. Bush's Justice Department refused to take any action after a Democratic-controlled House voted in early 2008 to hold then-White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and then-White House Counsel Harriet Miers in contempt for actions relating to the controversial dismissal of several U.S. prosecutors.

Chafetz noted that House Democrats also pursued the case against Miers and Bolten in court, finally reaching a compromise settlement after Bush left office in 2009. By that point, few people cared.

Which will be the same for this current nonsense. Indeed, few people care now, except for the president’s irrational enemies.

Which is..of course..

Border Patrol Guard Brian Terry matters as much to conservatives as did the people that died in the twin towers, the people that died in Washington, the troops that died in Iraq and the troops that died in Afghanistan.

:clap2: Damn straight. This is just infighting to gain the balance of power, of which the winner still doesn't give 2 shits about the citizens. I guarantee you that if it was one of their own GOP members they would have been crying the same BS as the Dems are now.
The last 2 administrations behaved with ample reasons for impeachment.
I'm happy to see them tear themselves up and I hope they both inflict as many wounds to the other as possible, it's the only way to get even the slightest bit of payback for their deeds, but they are owed a shitload more, most of which I can't say over a public forum :mad:
May they all rot in hell.

Wow

Republicans throwing a hissy fit

Who'd a thunk it

Boenher would feel a lot better if he just kicked over a wheelchair or spat on a homeless person on his way home. Then he could have a Good Cry and sleep well tonight...:tongue:

What follows the Holder contempt vote? - CNN.com

"Just by going to court, the House guarantees it loses. Even if (the House) wins, it's going to be years from now," Chafetz told CNN. "This Congress will be out of office and Obama may be out of office. If they wind up going to court, it will actually be to the great detriment of the House's oversight role."

So, Good Luck GOP!

The Democrats learned the same thing...

What is important, is to continue doing something you strongly believe in, rather than caving because it is too much work or will take too long.. Fall down 7 times, get up 8!

I thought it was a citizens duty to lie to congress but it seems that democrats decided to try a hall of fame baseball pitcher for the crime of "lying to congress" when they couldn't get him for anything else during hearings about steroid use. Roger Clemens was found not guilty but he faced 10 years if convicted. CNN might think "contempt of congress " is nothing but the longer Barry Hussein keeps Holder around the longer the administration looks stupid and crooked.

Which is..of course..

Every day, I see evidence of an impoverished educational system that is training a future of people to bum off others using the government as their mechanism for obtaining other people's money.

That's not developing any new inventions that would earn a good living to the inventor. Why should he be curious? All he needs is being handed to him on a platter with an it-serves-them-right attitude.

And it is making those who pay taxes a shrinking population. "Why work? Everything I need to live is being handed out for free, and my friends are saying only fools work." ~ anonymous benefits recipient.

If nothing else lefties should be shocked that 255 members of congress voted to hold Holder in contempt. What is Barry going to do when Holder is indicted, pretend it didn't happen? The Hussein administration seems to be retreating into bunker mentality.

FOX News has this as their lead story. They are pathetic. The Dems did the same thing to Rove and he laughed all the way to the bank.

But I guess that is all thay have.....saddly

FOX News has this as their lead story. They are pathetic. The Dems did the same thing to Rove and he laughed all the way to the bank.

But I guess that is all thay have.....saddly

You lefties have ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC CNN, PBS, Hollywood, George Soros tax exempt Media Matters and American Bridge but you are still unhappy. Even when you saw CBS try to influence a presidential election with forged documents you worry about Fox's lead story? you people are becoming pathetic and irrelevant.

What it means is that it shows that when given power, Republicans abuse it

A Border patrol agent is dead because Holder might have authorized illegal weapons to be shipped to Mexico. All the attorney general had to do was abide by the law and furnish documents demanded by a congressional subpoena but he thumbed his nose at the system and refused. 255 members of congress voted to hold him in contempt. I doubt if that can be considered an abuse of power except by the radical ignorant left.

Holder isn't going to be indicted. This is a formality.

The Civil contempt is much more likely. It will go before a judge. The Justice department will have to give a log of all withheld documents to the Judge with an explanation of why they are withheld. The Judge can order an In Camera hearing that would require the production of the documents to him (or her) for examination and the Judge would make the decision on whether they should be turned over or not.

What a great spin of events! Holder willfully breaks the law, the GOP calls him on it, and the GOP are abusing power.

I love it!

He didn't break the law. He is accused of breaking the law. Wrongly, I might add.
I disagree. Just like a judge IS the law when in court, Congress IS the law. He was compelled by the law and he willfully disobeyed.

Forum List

Back