Holder to Issa..McCarthy-era- line.."have you no shame"??!!

I want those that continually say that Holder is an honest man and excellent at what he does to rationalize to me how they can say that taking into consideration the facts that I laid out for them.

But no one will....including you.....unless of course you dont see him as an able AG or an honest AG.....but as I showed in my questiuon...it MUST BE one or the other....unless someone can rationalize otherwise.

Sheeezuz man, get a grip. I don't believe for one second that there's a single person here that doesn't think that the slimy little shit Holder isn't lying. But what you do have in here is a bunch of hyper partisan, leftist hacks that are willing to run interference, deflect and lie right along with Holder to defend him.

Pretty simple, end of story.

Last edited:
I want those that continually say that Holder is an honest man and excellent at what he does to rationalize to me how they can say that taking into consideration the facts that I laid out for them.

But no one will....including you.....unless of course you dont see him as an able AG or an honest AG.....but as I showed in my questiuon...it MUST BE one or the other....unless someone can rationalize otherwise.

Sheeezuz man, get a grip. I don't believe for one second that there's a single person here that doesn't think that the slimy little shit Holder isn't lying. But what you do have in here is a bunch of hyper partisan, leftist hacks that are willing to run interference, mislead and lie right along with Holder to defend him.

Pretty simple, end of story.

Gee....ya think?

Dont ya get it?

I am calling them on it...and the more they ignore my question, the more they are admitting they are a bunch of hyper partisan leftist hacks......as you so eloquently AND ACCURATELY put it.

Holder will do the same song and dance routine he used when he was questioned about his setting up the Marc Rich pardon that was given in the last few hours of the Clinton White House when he testifies about Fast and Furious...he'll say that he was unaware of all the facts and therefore doesn't feel responsible.

Holder fired back by invoking the McCarthy-era line, "Have you no shame?"

To which Issa retorted, "Have YOU no shame?"

The actual line, uttered to McCarthy during a 1954 hearing by Army counsel Joseph Nye Welch, was, "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

"Have you no shame" does not equal "have you no sense of decency".

It just doesn't. They have similar meanings but there's not reason to think that either party was trying to quote or channel Army/McCarthy.

The actual line, uttered to McCarthy during a 1954 hearing by Army counsel Joseph Nye Welch, was, "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

It just doesn't. They have similar meanings but there's not reason to think that either party was trying to quote or channel Army/McCarthy.

With all due respect, Sam? Anyone that was behind the Marc Rich pardon has a lot of nerve asking someone ELSE if they have no shame. Just saying...

With all due respect, Sam? Anyone that was behind the Marc Rich pardon has a lot of nerve asking someone ELSE if they have no shame. Just saying...

And, of course, he fell back on "confidentiality" when asked for his rationalization for pushing the pardon of Mark Rich.

Holder, a law abiding citizen and public servant was merely responding to an ex? criminal given the power to investigate, "corruption".

But it might have been a charge to Republicans/conservatives at large.

You elect and appoint criminals to government. Have you no shame?

Sallow....you are a rational man....no one will answer this question of mine....maybe you will?

Several months ago, when Holder was questioned about his Knowledge of Fast and Furious, he said he had just heard about it a few weeks ago.
After he was pressed on it, he then clarified by saying it may have been several months ago.
Fine, I am OK with his clarification of what a few weeks meant.
However....I need to understand something...

He admitted little knowledge of the details of the operation becuase he has much on his plate and many scenarios playing out and he can not concentrate on all of them at once and the F and F program was one he was not completely concentrating on.

Ok. I understand...his is a very busy position. But I need to question something.

Fast and Furious was an operation where we, the US, was selling high tech armaments to the Mexican Drug Cartels...who are deemed by the Mexican government as the enem,y of Mexico. We did not inform the Mexican Government of the operation. We knew those arms were being shipped over the border of Mexico. Our intentions werre nobel, granted....but the bottom line is this...

The US was furnishing the enemy of our ally with Arms that could be used against our ally and this was done without the knowledge of our ally while using the border of our ally....something that can be deemed as an act of war.

Now...if that is not an operation that required Holders in depth knowledge, then what would?

Why did he feel the need to have in depth knowledge AND INVOLVEMENT as it pertains to a domestic criminal case involving two New Black Panthers...but he did not feel the need to have in depth knowledge of an action that can be deemed by an ally as an act of war?

I am bumping the above question...I am sick and tired of those that say Holder is honest and a victim of a witch hunt continuing to ignoire these questions of mine. I dont actually exepct an answer....I would like to hear someone rationalize it.

STOP IGNORING IT...it is a valid qustion.....4 times and no one has yet to answer it over the past week......

Still waiting....

As usual, the real victim here is the English language and the bystanding witnesses who should be protecting that vulnerable flower can't tell the difference between the boxer and the bag.

A little historical context will help. Joseph N. Welch was a son of English immigrants, a WWI vet and one be considered of the Victorian generation. As he addressed the later generation Eugene McCarthy and the post-war generation Roy Cohn he certainly would have sounded like a proper gentleman lecturing thugs.... which maybe he way - so "at long last sir have you no sense of decency" wasn't just the way people talked back then, but it was the way a Harvard educated Bostonian (raised in Iowa) might be imagined to talk by the television viewers of the day.

It doesn't equal "have you no shame" which a common phrase uttered daily by people who are simply speaking normally.

There's no reason to think that either member of that exchange had given a passing thought to Welch or that they felt that there words were in any way hoity toity.

We don't all say "doncha got no shame?" Some of us do manage to speak the language properly most the time.

Who is the "you" shit? Are you suggesting Democrats do not elect, and re-elect criminals at every level of government?

Let's just check the current news items...

Former Gov of Illinois getting 15 years for corruption? Former Gov. of New Jersey's company "lost" a billion dollars that belongs to it's investors? Refresh my memory, Sallow...were those guys Democrats or Republicans?

Eric Holder's DOJ is a joke. That Barack Obama would put the guy who arranged the Marc Rich pardon in charge of our justice system was a travesty in the first place. Since then Holder's given us the New Black Panther debacle in Philly, the Gibson Guitar debacle in Nashville, the Boeing plant debacle in South Carolina and the Fast & Furious debacle on our southern border. Has there ever been an Attorney General who managed to combine incompetence with corruption in such a stunning manner?
No. There has not. Eric Holder is a worse AG than any of the corrupt puppets put in place by Bush or Clinton. You are absolutely right.

While I generally dislike Issa it was a pleasure to watch him tear into that useless sonofabitch! Holder is one of the biggest reasons why I find Obama untrustworthy and corrupted by Wall Street.

Holder, a law abiding citizen and public servant was merely responding to an ex? criminal given the power to investigate, "corruption".

But it might have been a charge to Republicans/conservatives at large.

....And, it isn't like no one saw this coming....​

...an Issa-Job-Security Program.

January 4, 2011

"Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who will become chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee when the 112th Congress is sworn in Wednesday, said he would lead six major investigations in the first three months of the year. This is an ambitious undertaking by conventional standards, as congressional investigations often take months to bear fruit."

A Witch-Hunt Primer

ISSABros.jpg

Forum List

Back