Holder Running The Show?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
How can the Attorney General state that he did not consult with the President of the United States but merely informed him of the 9-11 trial decision? Either Obama is dangerously out of the loop, or the White House is already attempting to construct a wall of deniability regarding these 9-11 trials if/when they become a complete fiasco...

___

JIM LEHRER: Did you run it by President Obama?

ERIC HOLDER: Just informed him of the decision.

He's a person who believes that a president's supposed to have hands off with his Justice Department. He's a good lawyer. And there are times when I would like to involve him maybe a little more, but his view is that, in those things that are in the province of the attorney general, all he needs to be is informed.

JIM LEHRER: So, you just told him what your decision was; you didn't say, "What do you think about it, Mr. President?"

ERIC HOLDER: Nope. Told him last night -- or had relayed to him what I was going to do last night while he was on Air Force One on his way to Asia.

JIM LEHRER: Did you talk to anybody outside the government?

ERIC HOLDER: I talked to my wife...

____

Holder: 9/11 Trials Will Weigh 'Crime of the Century' | Online NewsHour | Nov. 13, 2009 | PBS

Anything concerning the security of the US should always be considered by the President after all that is his number one duty!

Smart move by Obama. When it all goes wrong, guess who carries the can? It ain't gonna be the sainted Obama - it'll be Holder that gets the flak and it'll be another one under the buss.

But of course since all aspects of this Administration will not recognize we are in a War on Terror but rather this is just a pesky criminal entity to deal with then one could see Holder's decision process and that of the President.

But of course since all aspects of this Administration will not recognize we are in a War on Terror but rather this is just a pesky criminal entity to deal with then one could see Holder's decision process and that of the President.

If that is the set up they are attempting to lay out there, it will not work.

There is going to be significant blow back regarding this trial decision, and the majority of Americans are not going to allow Obama as President of the United States to simply state, "It wasn't my call."

Obama has stepped into a very dangerous political trap here of his own making...

There is going to be significant blow back regarding this trial decision, and the majority of Americans are not going to allow Obama as President of the United States to simply state, "It wasn't my call."

Obama has stepped into a very dangerous political trap here of his own making...
Well Obama is stupid if he thinks he can pass this off on Holder and him not get touched by it in the process. A calculated move I think that will be his worse decision. Blow Back without a doubt.

Obama got a somewhat pass from the MSM with the shooting at Ft. Hood, if anything else happens of a Terrorist nature in this Country, MSM will not be able to run cover. They barely squeaked by it this time with the masses. Many like us, haven't bought it but you know stupid people are out there.

Well Obama is stupid if he thinks he can pass this off on Holder and him not get touched by it in the process. A calculated move I think that will be his worse decision. Blow Back without a doubt.

Obama is at best naive - and yes, he may indeed lack the common sense so necessary for successful leadership...

Obama got a somewhat pass from the MSM with the shooting at Ft. Hood, if anything else happens of a Terrorist nature in this Country, MSM will not be able to run cover. They barely squeaked by it this time with the masses. Many like us, haven't bought it but you know stupid people are out there.

Agreed - the patience of the majority of Americans will not tolerate such lacking leadership for much longer...

Obama is at best naive - and yes, he may indeed lack the common sense so necessary for successful leadership...
His Ego and his Goal to CHANGE this country from its founders is all his focus on. Perhaps he doesn't care to get re-elected that is why he is moving so fast.

Remember Carter I think set us back at least 10 years and cost the US BILLONS! Obama much worse IMO

His Ego and his Goal to CHANGE this country from its founders is all his focus on. Perhaps he doesn't care to get re-elected that is why he is moving so fast.

Remember Carter I think set us back at least 10 years and cost the US BILLONS! Obama much worse IMO

Obama is far more charismatic than Carter - and appears to have an even deeper disdain for traditional America.

It is remarkable that the Attorney General is openly stating that the President of the United States was simply informed of this decision and played no part in formulating it.

Good Lord that is astounding...

If obama had been consulted first the right would have been crying tampering and micromanagement.

So now he appears inept and out of touch with his own administration.

No, the POTUS should have been the primary force for policy on an issue so critical as this - and he either was and fears the backlash (proving he is a weak ass prez) or he is in fact largely absent from the administering of his own administration.

Neither option is comforting...

The president must fire Holder. I understand Alberto Gonzales is still looking for work, and the former AG will do anything the POTUS wants...anything. Monica Goodling is available too, she'll keep out the non Christians and other undesirables.

Last edited:
If obama had been consulted first the right would have been crying tampering and micromanagement.

No, the POTUS should have been the primary force for policy on an issue so critical as this - and he either was and fears the backlash (proving he is a weak ass prez) or he is in fact largely absent from the administering of his own administration.

well dayuuuum Sinatra what the hell did you expect from someone who sat in a church 20 years and didn't see or hear a thing? well informed? boy howdy.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have not been comforted by our gummit for many years.
If you are looking to our gummit for comfort you are being foolish.

The USA is in decline.

In 1979 we had under 1 trillion of national debt.

Last edited:

well dayuuuum Sinatra what the hell did you expect from someone who sat in a church 20 years and didn't see or hear a thing? well informed? boy howdy.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

True enough...

I have not been comforted by our gummit for many years.
If you are looking to our gummit for comfort you are being foolish.

The USA is in decline.

In 1979 we had under 1 trillion of national debt.

Don't look to government - look to leaders. There is a difference.

As for the Attorney General openly stating he did not consult the President of the United States over bringing terrorists back to the United States who were involved in the 9-11 attacks in order to try them in our civilian courts is shocking.

Holder says he called up Obama and told him what was going down.

Either Obama wants a wall of protection regarding this unwise scenario, thus further solidifying his status as a wuss, or he is truly out of the loop within his own administration...

Forum List

Back