Holder Lied! Bragged About Project Gunrunner (aka Fast and Furious) in 2009

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Which means he's lying that he didn't know about it

On May 3, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified before House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa's committee that he only learned about the government's sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels "in the last few weeks."

But Big Government found a 2009 speech by Holder on the Department of Justice's own website that proves the attorney general was well aware of Operation Gunrunner back in 2009:

…at the arms trafficking conference in Cuernavaca, Holder not only acknowledged the program, he bragged that he was in the process of expanding it:

"Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail."

Holder bragged about Operation Gunrunner in 2009 | Barbara Hollingsworth | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

This is why liberals hate Breitbart. He keeps exposing liberal lies to be just that, lies!

The liberal spin right now is that Gun Runner and Fast and Furious aren't the same thing.

BUT LOOK AT HOLDER'S OWN DESCRIPTION! It's pretty damn obvious it's the same thing!

How is Holder going to spin his way out of this?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On May 3, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified before House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa's committee that he only learned about the government's sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels "in the last few weeks."

But Big Government found a 2009 speech by Holder on the Department of Justice's own website that proves the attorney general was well aware of Operation Gunrunner back in 2009:

…at the arms trafficking conference in Cuernavaca, Holder not only acknowledged the program, he bragged that he was in the process of expanding it:

"Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail."

Holder bragged about Operation Gunrunner in 2009 | Barbara Hollingsworth | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

This is why liberals hate Breitbart. He keeps exposing liberal lies to be just that, lies!

The liberal spin right now is that Gun Runner and Fast and Furious aren't the same thing.

BUT LOOK AT HOLDER'S OWN DESCRIPTION! It's pretty damn obvious it's the same thing!

The Obamarrhoidal Holder is the quintessential LIEberrhoidal Arsehole Par Excellence.

It would be really difficult, if not impossible, to find a more inept, super-STUPID ultra-Obamarrhoidal idiot extant.

The list of his flagrantly idiotic decisions from Gitmo, dragging the Al Queda Kahlid Sheik Mohammed to New York, the REPEATING the same bullshit with the Somali Pirate, in a super expensive trial in America and granting the Muslim Swine American Citizenship rights!!! protecting the Black Fucking Panthers threatening voters with clubs, fighting for the "rights" of Illegal Immigrants at the expense of the lives of our citizens in Arizona (to garnish the Latino vote), etc......and now, this Operation Gunrunner scam.......then BLATANTLY LIE about it !!!! The fucking idiot should be fired by the MARXIST MONUMENTAL FRAUD & RACIST Obummer simply because the fucking idiot is a SUPER EMBARRASSMENT !!!

Last edited:
"I cannot begin to think of how the risk of letting guns fall into the hands of known criminals could possibly advance any legitimate law enforcement interest." ATF Agent testifying before Congress

This story isn't going away, though I have little hope that anyone in this administration will be held accountable, and it is evident from the congressional hearings led by Rep Issa that the Department of Justice is using to guise of national security in order to withhold information.

Some of the documents that were given to House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform were over 80% redacted.

I am certain is that the evidence of the true objectives of this government-sanctioned criminal operation are out there. The official story doesn't make sense.

Fast and Furious grew out of Gunrunner, true? I'm just not believing Holder didn't know about and approve both programs. What a fuckup, both him and whole idea.

How can this idiot still be Attorney General? Possibly the worst Attorney General in U.S. History. He may be 2nd to only Janet Reno on that. Democrat Attorney Generals always = Dead Americans.

Holder isn't smart enough to cover this up. He was going to pin the blame on the head of the ATF until the guy did a runaround and went directly to the congressional oversight committe,represented by his own lawyer, and explained Fast and Furious as a DOJ operation.

All it's going to take is one whistleblower within the DOJ to bring down the house of cards, and Holder along with it.

Holder has conducted a terrible extensive cover-up on this. This President should be ashamed of himself for not already removing Holder. The families of the victims are now suing the Federal Government. They deserve answers and justice.

Why hasn't he been charged with lying to congress? He wanted to charge Bush officials and CIA operatives for crimes he claimed violated enemy combatants rights.

How bout he charge himself with involuntary manslaughter for the death of an American who died because of his negligence.

wow, if thats on the level, he should be in deep deep shit, not the poor slob they have fattened up for the kill, (the temporary head of atf)...... seriously.

we'll see how the msm handles it, cbs broke gun runner and I am sure they will run it(?) and the rest?

I also expect to see ny times and wapo page 1 above the fold stories too. this certainly rates.

Last edited:

wow, if thats on the level, he should be in deep deep shit, not the poor slob they have fattened up for the kill, (the temporary head of atf)...... seriously.

we'll see how the msm handles it, cbs broke gun runner and I am sure they will run it(?) and the rest?

I also expect to see ny times and wapo page 1 above the fold stories too. this certainly rates.

Msm actually hold the Obama administrations feet to the fire? :cuckoo:

The NYT (might) cover it. But the only way this story will see the light of day is if Fox beats the drums so loud that the msm will look foolish if they don't cover it. Even then it will be kept as low in the list of stories as possible.

Hopefully big changes will happen in our Government in 2012. That's the only way we will ever get to the bottom of this. This Administration has carried out a very extensive cover-up on this. Our own Government actually murdered fellow American Citizens. We need truth and justice on this.

But shouldn't he have known? An operation like this, and he doesn't know about it? I'm thinking if he didn't know it's because he didn't want to know.

All I know is that Holder is a jackass. However, when you have Reason contradicting the Examiner, then something is up. The Examiner has a history of being a right-wing rag news source.

Reason has a history of being a non-partisan libertarian news source.

Last edited:

According to the DOJ, Eric Holder on in April 2009 gave a speech in which he bragged about adding 100 new ATF agents and 16 new DEA agents to Project Gunrunner. According to the DOJ, Holder understood Project Gunrunner to involve straw buyers who would purchase guns illegally from gun stores, and ATF would bust them before they left the parking lot. The success of a law enforcement program like this would be assessed by how many arrests they made and how many guns they confiscated.

Now, Fast and Furious modified Project Gunrunner so that the ATF was allowing straw buyers to purchase high-powered weapons from the gun stores and sell them to agents of the cartels, and then allowing the buyers to cross the border with the guns into Mexico unstopped.

Question: How is it that Eric Holder did not notice that Project Gunrunner was failing to achieve any results? Surely he received briefings on such a large program. How could he fail to notice that no guns were being intercepted, and why didn't he pick up the phone and demand an explanation from the supervisors on their utter failure to achieve the program's objectives?

If Holder truly had nothing to do with Fast and Furious then he should have discovered the rogue program years ago, identified those responsible for it, and had them fired from their jobs, arrested, and prosecuted. Project Gunrunner would have resumed as normal and that would have been the end of it.

The fact that that Fast and Furious remained secret until ATF agents blew the whistle reveals Holder's involvement. Holder's claim he knew nothing about Fast and Furious would have us believe that he was entirely clueless about the goings-on with Project Gunrunner. Not buying it. The guy certainly knew about Fast and Furious, there can be no doubt about that. The only real question is whether he authorized the operation.

Either way it's gross malfeasance and he's got to go.

Everyone take just 2 seconds and try to imagine the media overload if this would have happened while Bush is on office.
By now you would have seen daily editorials demanding the Att Gen resignation.
They would be demanding a congressional special investigation, Pelosi would be on the TV everyday promising to get to the bottom etc. etc.etc.

Instead....

wow threads been open for what, 8 hours?

humm, yesterday someone made their usual blubbering idiotic hash over a right wing/loon gotcha thread after just 22 minutes....where....where I ask ya'll, where be da luv?:(

wow threads been open for what, 8 hours?

humm, yesterday someone made their usual blubbering idiotic hash over a right wing/loon gotcha thread after just 22 minutes....where....where I ask ya'll, where be da luv?:(

Gotcha? Gotcha? PEOPLE HAVE DIED!

I feel like Ripley responding to Burke who calls sending people to investigate the ship on LV426 a "bad call."

And she responds, "Bad call, THESE PEOPLE ARE DEAD, BURKE!"

PEOPLE HAVE DIED because of Fast and Furious! Have been MURDERED!

And YOU whine about "GOTCHA?????????"

You liberals so disgust me! Have you no concern for anyone beyond your ego centric -universe?

My jaw drops appalled at your attitude on this!

Forum List

Back