Holder Calls U.S. 'Nation of Cowards' on Race Matters

WASHINGTON -- Eric Holder, the nation's first black attorney general, said Wednesday the United States was "a nation of cowards" on matters of race, with most Americans avoiding candid discussions of racial issues.

In a speech to Justice Department employees marking Black History Month, Holder said the workplace is largely integrated but Americans still self-segregate on the weekends and in their private lives.

"Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards," Holder said.

Race issues continue to be a topic of political discussion, but "we, as average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race."

- Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Nation of cowards, nation of whiners... I get tired of being insulted by someone in office who knows nothing about me.

Allie, you are a fucking moron. How many times have we heard that we should turn the Middle East into a glass parking lot? And how many times do you think those words were uttered by a Christian?

And that is racist, how? I have yet to hear anyone say we should wipe out all Muslims. Just those who threaten us.

I'm not saying it's racist. YOU are the one quoting Muslims in an effort to make the case that they want to see the west destroyed. I am merely turning the tables on you to show you how silly your position is.

Funny how that works and expected that you didn't get it.

She quoted some Muslims,, do you deny that is the quest of the extremist?

He sounds like the typical black racist.

And he's in Obama's Cabinet.

Nothing to see here.

I think he was holding all parties (of all races) equally culpable. I have very candid discussions with my friend, Sam, who is black, about all kinds of racial topics. But I also know that many of our co-workers handle him with kid gloves and simply don't talk about a lot of issues because they are afraid to. And the sad thing is...he is totally receptive to candor, and it's sad to watch how people in my office simply sidestep the issue of race.

I think that, in America, race is the elephant in the middle of so many conversations, and we simply prefer to pretend that it doesn't exist. But it does, and we should deal with it openly.

In what way?

Race is an issue in every country. Wherever you find mankind, you will find people segregating themselves on their own time. Mr. Holder really should grow up and get out of the country more often.

And that is racist, how? I have yet to hear anyone say we should wipe out all Muslims. Just those who threaten us.

I'm not saying it's racist. YOU are the one quoting Muslims in an effort to make the case that they want to see the west destroyed. I am merely turning the tables on you to show you how silly your position is.

Funny how that works and expected that you didn't get it.

She quoted some Muslims,, do you deny that is the quest of the extremist?

Not at all.

Are you admitting that is the position of extremist Muslims and doesn't represent the mainstream i.e. the vast majority?

WASHINGTON -- Eric Holder, the nation's first black attorney general, said Wednesday the United States was "a nation of cowards" on matters of race, with most Americans avoiding candid discussions of racial issues.

In a speech to Justice Department employees marking Black History Month, Holder said the workplace is largely integrated but Americans still self-segregate on the weekends and in their private lives.

"Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards," Holder said.

Race issues continue to be a topic of political discussion, but "we, as average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race."

In other words, he is the US's first intellectually dishonest, racism-mongering Attorney General.

People associate with who they want to because they WANT TO. "Cowardice" is a strawman used by Holder simply because people don't choose to befriend who HE thinks they should.

We as a "average Americans" don't talk about race because it always ends with someone being called a racist for not believing someone else's PC garbage. That's not cowardice either. It's not wanting to put up with someone telling you what to think.

He sounds like the typical black racist.

And he's in Obama's Cabinet.

Nothing to see here.

I think he was holding all parties (of all races) equally culpable. I have very candid discussions with my friend, Sam, who is black, about all kinds of racial topics. But I also know that many of our co-workers handle him with kid gloves and simply don't talk about a lot of issues because they are afraid to. And the sad thing is...he is totally receptive to candor, and it's sad to watch how people in my office simply sidestep the issue of race.

I think that, in America, race is the elephant in the middle of so many conversations, and we simply prefer to pretend that it doesn't exist. But it does, and we should deal with it openly.

I certainly hope so, but I have my doubts. When I moved to Arkansas, I was amazed at how racist the blacks are. I like to listen to a black station in town, and it's unbelievable how racist they are. There is certainly a double-standard in the South.

Maybe if the aliens would land and say hello instead of just doing touch and go's they could mediate a national race pow wow for us.

Wasn't it a "Black Church", that spouted hate mongering against whites?

Why don't you watch this:

[youtube]QOdlnzkeoyQ[/youtube]

I highly doubt 2/3 of the people in this country who have attacked Rev Wright have watched nothing more then the sound bytes thrown up by the Right to smear Obama.

That whole video really changes very little about his anti-American philosophy.

did this guy go to Jeremiah Wright's church, too?

In other words, he is the US's first intellectually dishonest, racism-mongering Attorney General.

People associate with who they want to because they WANT TO. "Cowardice" is a strawman used by Holder simply because people don't choose to befriend who HE thinks they should.

We as a "average Americans" don't talk about race because it always ends with someone being called a racist for not believing someone else's PC garbage. That's not cowardice either. It's not wanting to put up with someone telling you what to think.

How many of Obama's friends/people he trusts are racism baiters>

Last edited:
Here you go, idiot:
Nabeel Al Awadhi, a Kuwaiti Muslim, calls himself an “’alem” (scientist, Islam-expert), theologian, writer, chaplain, and a pious Muslim who shows Muslims the right path to Paradise.

He wrote in the daily Al Watan, (February 8, 2009), “We Arab Muslims must start thinking of producing nuclear bombs. We can finance that with our petrodollars, and use Egyptian brains to make that dream come true. Our prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, ordered us, ‘to prepare every thing possible to fight the infidels’ (meaning Christians, Jew, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.). These people understand only the language of power. We’ll tell the world: ‘Aslem Taslam (either you submit to Islam, or you’ll have to die.”
Family Security Matters » Publications » Exclusive: Radical Muslim Chaplains – Root Causes of Islamic Fanaticism and Terror

Gosh, why would we have a problem with these nice people?

I can point to Fred Phelps but that doesn't represent all bapists. Every religion has their extremists, what else is new?

Islam is what I would consider a religion of peace. I've sat that and had conversations with several Muslims and they were all nice people. Islam is another religion that have been misused by many people over time to further their cause. Just like Christianity had it's own time period of such a thing over the last 2,000 years.

Fred Phelps never crashed 2 planes into buildings and murdered almost 3000 people. He is truly an idiot but he does not run training camps for terrorists. He has never blown up a Naval vessel (USS Cole). The list goes on around the world.

Fred Phelps never crashed 2 planes into buildings and murdered almost 3000 people. He is truly an idiot but he does not run training camps for terrorists. He has never blown up a Naval vessel (USS Cole). The list goes on around the world.

I was referring to extremism in their different forms. Example: Osama Bin Laden is not a example of all muslims around the world; only a slight slightly small minority.

I was referring to extremism in their different forms. Example: Osama Bin Laden is not a example of all muslims around the world; only a slight slightly small minority.

Believe or not I agree with you Robert. A few in any class, if it be religion, race, sex or etc.. doesn't define the whole class. Doing so is called stereotyping....

That's the reason this bothers me....

Barack Obama tries to explain that 'good people' still hold racial stereotypes

Barack Obama suggested Thursday the "typical white person" - much like his grandma - fears black men on the street, prompting a quick backpedal from his aides, who conceded the senator's words may give the wrong impression.

Believe or not I agree with you Robert. A few in any class, if it be religion, race, sex or etc.. doesn't define the whole class. Doing so is called stereotyping....

Barack Obama suggested Thursday the "typical white person" - much like his grandma - fears black men on the street, prompting a quick backpedal from his aides, who conceded the senator's words may give the wrong impression.

That made me go :eusa_eh: too when I first read back it in March.

However, Obama is half white and his white grandparents were deeply involved in his life. From what I gathered, his grandmother did make some comments at times that were racist.

Trust me, I agree that it's wrong that Obama said that; however I believe it was a bad choice of words more then anything and that he is not racist. Especially since he himself is half white.

Edit: That last small paragraph reminded me of a certain David Chappelle skit. :lol:

Last edited:

However, Obama is half white and his white grandparents were deeply involved in his life. From what I gathered, his grandmother did make some comments at times that were racist.

Trust me, I agree that it's wrong that Obama said that; however I believe it was a bad choice of words more then anything and that he is not racist. Especially since he himself is half white.

Edit: That last small paragraph reminded me of a certain David Chappelle skit. :lol:

Well he did cease to advertise his mother's race at a young age but I suppose he's exempt from holding stereotypes since he is the chosen one and all.:lol:

Well he did cease to advertise his mother's race at a young age but I suppose he's exempt from holding stereotypes since he is the chosen one and all.:lol:

I'm not saying whether he holds stereotypes or not. I'm not a mind reader, none of us are. However, I highly doubt that he has a stereotype that you tend to believe he does about white people.

His actions tend to say otherwise.

Nation of cowards, nation of whiners... I get tired of being insulted by someone in office who knows nothing about me.

You elected them.

I'm not saying whether he holds stereotypes or not. I'm not a mind reader, none of us are. However, I highly doubt that he has a stereotype that you tend to believe he does about white people.

His actions tend to say otherwise.

Words and actions are the only way we have to judge people's mental state. For example, If I say a person is a typical ......... (you fill in the blank) person then I have a preconceived stereotype about that person's ........(again you fill in the blank).

Obama is not the first "half-white President of the US." He is the first "African American President of the US." Read your own news.

The OP isn't about Obama. It's about the AG Obama chose calling people cowards for not adhering to race quotas when choosing friends. Just in case you can't see the obvious, this guy thinks affirmative action belongs in your private life.

It's been 40 plus years. Forced integration was a phenominal failure. Affirmative action has dilluted the workforce. Deal with some reality.

Forum List

Back