Holder and Contempt: perfect together

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Issa Plans to Move Forward With Holder Contempt Vote
By Billy House
June 19, 2012 | 6:21 p.m.

House Republicans plan to press on with consideration Wednesday by the Oversight and Government Reform Committee of a vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress regarding a stand-off over documents tied to the botched Fast and Furious" sting operation.

The announcement Tuesday night by committee chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., followed a closed-door meeting at the Capitol between Issa and other Republican and Democratic lawmakers with Holder at the U.S. Capitol. Issa described himself as disappointed and still hoping for a breakthrough.

"I had hoped that after this evening's meeting I would be able to tell you that the Department had delivered documents that would justify the postponement of tomorrow's vote on contempt," said Issa, in a statement.

Issa claimed the Justice Department had told the Committee last Thursday that it had documents it could produce that would answer our questions.

Holder, speaking in the Capitol Rotunda to reporters, said he had come "in good faith" and that he had made a number of documents, specifically those from February to December of 2011, available.

Asked if he thought he and his department could avoid the contempt vote, Holder said, "The ball's in their court."

But Issa said, "Today, the Attorney General informed us that the Department would not be producing those documents. The only offer they made involved us ending our investigation."

"While I still hope the Department will reconsider its decision so tomorrow's vote can be postponed, after this meeting I cannot say that I am optimistic. At this point, we simply do not have the documents we have repeatedly said we need to justify the postponement of a contempt vote in committee," said Issa.

Under the "Fast and Furious" operation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sold thousands of weapons to gun traffickers with the intention of then tracing those guns to Mexican drug cartels. But the operation went sour when the ATF lost track of many of the weapons, including ones later linked to the killings of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and as many as 300 Mexicans.

For more than a year, Issa has been leading a congressional investigation into failed gun-trafficking operation. Late last year, he issued a subpoena to Holder seeking communications regarding the operation from top Justice officials, documents and information shared with the White House and relating to the death of Terry and others, and any efforts to keep some information covered-up.

Issa Plans to Move Forward With Holder Contempt Vote - Influence Alley

"The ball's in their court."

No, "General" Holder. It's in YOUR fucking court, you dishonest hack. I am getting to the point where I hope you DO keep fucking around and that you do get the Contempt of Congress Citation you appear to be seeking.

The AG is a jackass.

By Billy House

House Republicans plan to press on with consideration Wednesday by the Oversight and Government Reform Committee of a vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress regarding a stand-off over documents tied to the botched Fast and Furious" sting operation.

The announcement Tuesday night by committee chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., followed a closed-door meeting at the Capitol between Issa and other Republican and Democratic lawmakers with Holder at the U.S. Capitol. Issa described himself as disappointed and still hoping for a breakthrough.

"I had hoped that after this evening's meeting I would be able to tell you that the Department had delivered documents that would justify the postponement of tomorrow's vote on contempt," said Issa, in a statement.

Issa claimed the Justice Department had told the Committee last Thursday that it had documents it could produce that would answer our questions.

Holder, speaking in the Capitol Rotunda to reporters, said he had come "in good faith" and that he had made a number of documents, specifically those from February to December of 2011, available.

Asked if he thought he and his department could avoid the contempt vote, Holder said, "The ball's in their court."

But Issa said, "Today, the Attorney General informed us that the Department would not be producing those documents. The only offer they made involved us ending our investigation."

"While I still hope the Department will reconsider its decision so tomorrow's vote can be postponed, after this meeting I cannot say that I am optimistic. At this point, we simply do not have the documents we have repeatedly said we need to justify the postponement of a contempt vote in committee," said Issa.

Under the "Fast and Furious" operation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sold thousands of weapons to gun traffickers with the intention of then tracing those guns to Mexican drug cartels. But the operation went sour when the ATF lost track of many of the weapons, including ones later linked to the killings of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and as many as 300 Mexicans.

For more than a year, Issa has been leading a congressional investigation into failed gun-trafficking operation. Late last year, he issued a subpoena to Holder seeking communications regarding the operation from top Justice officials, documents and information shared with the White House and relating to the death of Terry and others, and any efforts to keep some information covered-up.

No, "General" Holder. It's in YOUR fucking court, you dishonest hack. I am getting to the point where I hope you DO keep fucking around and that you do get the Contempt of Congress Citation you appear to be seeking.

The AG is a jackass.

GOOD. Nail his ass. Enough of Holder's and Obama's arrogance.

Will all the hate directed at Obama, one would think HE let thousands of Americans die in a war of choice, an attack on American shores, and by flooding he did not request funds for an ONGOING project to prevent.
What is wrong with the truth? Better than Bush is not an acceptable standard.

Will all the hate directed at Obama, one would think HE let thousands of Americans die in a war of choice, an attack on American shores, and by flooding he did not request funds for an ONGOING project to prevent.

First off, of course, you confused Holder for The ONE.

The ONE will not be pleased.

Secondly, your view on the Wars fought over there are not controlling.

Thirdly, your willingness to assign blame to Boooosh for the failure of the governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans doesn't persuade others of your objectivity.

Fourthly, and most tellingly, when Congress serves a subpoena on the damn Executive Branch in order to investigate a clusterfuck of dumb such as "Fast and Furious," the Attorney General of the United States OUGHT to -- comply. It is not a minor matter for the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the land to actually obey the law.

Last edited:

First off, of course, you confussed Holder for The ONE.

The ONE will not be pleased.

Secondly, your view on the Wars fought over there are not controlling.
Thirdly, your willingness to assign blame to Boooosh for the failure of the governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans doesn't persuade others of your objectivity.

Fourthly, and most tellingly, when Congress serves a subpoena on the damn Executive Branch in order to investigate a clusterfuck of dumb such as "Fast and Furious," the Attorney General of the United States OUGHT to -- comply. It is not a minor matter for the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the land to actually obey the law.

Maybe Obama will make another proclimation as he did on FRIDAY...NOT enforce the LAW and the Constitution BEHIND the law?

After all?

Didn't Obama say that CONGRESS cannot be trusted, and HE has to override them at every turn by Executive Order?

There's some very serious game playing going on here......

and you can only wonder who's going to blink first.

Boehner appears to be calling the shots behind the scenes and I'm hearing rumors that Boehner has some concerns about the political blow back if they proceed to a vote.

Obviously the O would make every attempt to shovel shit on the Pubs if they go forward but if that's all Boehner is concerned about, perhaps someone should clue him in that every time the O opens his mouth lately, all he catches is more negative publicity.

I wonder if this will work as well for Issa as the California Governor's Recall he orchestrated.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VW0v7wwfkQ]Rep Darrell Issa sobs after Scharwenegger bigfoots him out of 2003 gov recall - YouTube[/ame]

By Billy House

House Republicans ..

The AG is a jackass.

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, the driving force behind the effort to recall Gov. Gray Davis, was prosecuted with his brother in San Jose in 1980 for allegedly faking the theft of Issa's Mercedes Benz sedan and selling it to a car dealer for $16,000, according to court records.

Read more: Issa was charged in San Jose car theft | Full Page

Now the GOP criminal is behind the get-holder campaign?

what a disgusting joke

By Billy House

House Republicans ..

The AG is a jackass.

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, the driving force behind the effort to recall Gov. Gray Davis, was prosecuted with his brother in San Jose in 1980 for allegedly faking the theft of Issa's Mercedes Benz sedan and selling it to a car dealer for $16,000, according to court records.

what a disgusting joke

IF you think he's a good AG, you're a blind partisan, he lied to congress, we all know it and he should get the Scooter Libby treatment

The AG is a jackass.

what a disgusting joke

IF you think he's a good AG, you're a blind partisan, he lied to congress, we all know it and he should get the Scooter Libby treatment

What is the "Scooter Libby treatment"?

Issa, corrupt as they come, yet he's demanding documents over an above the 147 THOUSAND plus the one MILLION emails he's already gotten.

He said he was out to get Obama and holder, said he wanted hearings '24/7' AND that he "owns" it all.

Issa is a corrupt liar and the rw's LOVE it.

Let them hold him in contempt. The result will be the Justice Dept will have to investigate and prosecute.
Holder can:
-Invoke executive priviilege.
-Instruct the Justice Dept not to cooperate
-Produce the docs.

None of this looks good for Obama in an election year. A major constitutional crisis is really a bad way to leave office.
Just ask Dick.

Issa, corrupt as they come, yet he's demanding documents over an above the 147 THOUSAND plus the one MILLION emails he's already gotten.

He said he was out to get Obama and holder, said he wanted hearings '24/7' AND that he "owns" it all.

I do love it and cant wait to get that racist out of the AG

The louder they squeal, the bigger the pig. The Left is squealing plenty here.

[

Last edited by a moderator:
By Billy House

House Republicans ..

The AG is a jackass.

what a disgusting joke

:D Well doesn't this thread look like a huge fail right now.

What makes him a racist?

The AG is a jackass.

what a disgusting joke

:D Well doesn't this thread look like a huge fail right now.

You know....I can't get enough of this link....one more time:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VW0v7wwfkQ]Rep Darrell Issa sobs after Scharwenegger bigfoots him out of 2003 gov recall - YouTube[/ame]

The AG is a jackass.

what a disgusting joke

We? Are you a Queen or some other kind of royalty?

We? Who is this we you pretend to speak of...wee wee weeeeee?

What makes him a racist?

His Justice dept will not prosecute voter suppression when done by minorities.

Forum List

Back