Hold on: Wait a cotton picken second - Obama that weak on national security?

Welcome to president "Valerie, please, may I?"

The jockstraps go into Michelle's and Valerie's dressers in contrast to previous presidents.
Instead of Maggie Thatcher, America got Barack Obama.

I don't think the repubs are trying to cook up a boogeyman, rather than just trying not to let something that could come back and haunt us. Kind of like being proactive instead of reactive. :eusa_whistle:

How would they be proactive? What could possibly keep Russian ships out of Cuban harbors, short of war? I's easy to make those kinds of comments, but quite another thing to have them make sense.

Well for one thing, that was the point of the OP. Why would Obama offer to take missiles out of Poland if Russia is going to turn around and put a base in Cuba? It's called leverage and Obama clearly doesn't care about it. It's not surprising given that he grew up a communist.

I don't see how the two things are connected. Nuclear weapons vs a naval base? One is a direct provocation, the other is something leading naval powers do all the time with Cuba being only one of a number of options. The OP talks about the base, but makes no mention of missles. I think you're trying to make a connection that isn't really there.

How would they be proactive? What could possibly keep Russian ships out of Cuban harbors, short of war? I's easy to make those kinds of comments, but quite another thing to have them make sense.

Well for one thing, that was the point of the OP. Why would Obama offer to take missiles out of Poland if Russia is going to turn around and put a base in Cuba? It's called leverage and Obama clearly doesn't care about it. It's not surprising given that he grew up a communist.

I don't see how the two things are connected. Nuclear weapons vs a naval base? One is a direct provocation, the other is something leading naval powers do all the time with Cuba being only one of a number of options. The OP talks about the base, but makes no mention of missles. I think you're trying to make a connection that isn't really there.

What connection am I allegedly making? I'll put it simple. I don't trust Putin. He's vermin. And allowing Russia to have a naval base in Cuba endangers American lives. It's that simple. It is you that is making these great leaps beyond that.

Dumbfuck, Poland wants us there to protect them.

Russia destroyed Poland along with Germany in WWII, then enslaved the Poles for decades. So you think Poland likes Russia and should just let Russia tell them what to do.

Have you ever been to Poland? I have, shut the fuck up.

Oh, your theory about Russia is ridiculous. Russia's interests are not ours. That they would be strong doesn't mean they'll do jack shit for us against terrorism. It will work against us because it is in their interests to limit our involvement in the stans, which will limit our ability to deal with Islamists.
Russia was po'd at Poland in 2008 over an area called Ossidia.

It goes back over a thousand years, those two. Oil and water.

Russia can't stand the thought of America in Poland. It just creeps them out.

Too bad. They're great people for the most part, but they're having a hard time catching on to free enterprise with nobody bossing them around like the old days. People got addicted to turning their neighbors in to the big bad KGB. Where does one begin?

How about 'Hey, that's on the othe side of the freaking planet and has nothing to do with us" would be a good place to start.

Last time I checked, we were broke as a country.

Russia destroyed Poland along with Germany in WWII, then enslaved the Poles for decades. So you think Poland likes Russia and should just let Russia tell them what to do.

Have you ever been to Poland?
I have, shut the fuck up.

Too bad. They're great people for the most part, but they're having a hard time catching on to free enterprise with nobody bossing them around like the old days. People got addicted to turning their neighbors in to the big bad KGB. Where does one begin?

How about 'Hey, that's on the othe side of the freaking planet and has nothing to do with us" would be a good place to start.

We went to Poland and were invited to a lecture by Lech Walesca, plus an anti-Soviet tour guide showed us where workers were mowed down for protesting in the early 80s. Very macabre. Lech Walesca is an amazing world citizen.

Have you ever been to Poland? I have, shut the fuck up.

And another important point. The Polish public and government are more receptive than Germany, so resources are being shifted from Germany to Poland.

Forum List

Back